Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 09, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Aer Lingus Dublin to MCO

Hi,

We are booked to fly with Aer lingus when we go next jan/feb. Flights have been booked for ages but recently I have heard some really bad reports about AL on this route (old planes/ poor service etc)

I am also a bit worried as we flew with AL to Washington DC last winter and our flight coming home was cancelled with no notice because they hadn't sold enough seats on it!

I am thinking that the dates that we are going (30th january) and coming home (9th feb) are also likely not to be sold out.

Has anyone flown with AL on this route recently and/or in around january february time? If so what were your experiences?

Thanks!
Lou1982 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 09, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We flew with them in the summer, the service was fine and we've booked to go with them again next summer . We didn't have seat back TV's but then we weren't expecting them. I can't comment on flights in Jan / Feb but I've had no reports of cancellations on the Orlando service

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 09, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Thanks I feel better now
Lou1982 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 09, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

We went AL in Sept to Orlando and we had seat-back tv's and the service was excellent.
Booked again for June with Aer Lingus.
Old 6 Nov 09, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Done Aer Lingus at end of october this year and its an excellent service and we got the new planes on both inwards and outbound flights . already planning on doing this route again and we travel from glasgow ... and works out around £800 cheaper as well
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 09, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

I have travelled AL long haul a good bit this year. 6 out of the 7 AL long haul fleet now have AVOD with seat back TV's. Premier class have lie flat seats. The A330's are a very quiet and comfortable plane and I think the service is very good with excelent staff. You have to pay for alcoholic drinks in economy but other than I think the service is excellent. Prices can be very good sometimes (keep checking for promaotions) and don't forget to check the United website where the same flights can often be cheaper on a codeshare.

The service direct to MCO is an all economy flight but the premier seats a can be booked for and additional €275.00 ew. Not sure thats good value but I suspose that comes down to personal preference.

So in summary I think you can relax and look forward to the journey.
Old 6 Nov 09, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Thanks Marb! The price for the flights was really good, was just a bit worried as I had heard some bad reports. Im glad most of the planes are now A330s!
Old 6 Nov 09, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Lou just wanted to say this will also be our first time going with AL. Going 21st Jan (will try to report on flight in the first few days we are there) and coming back 9th Feb so will be on same plane with you on way home!

We will have to organise a Dibb meet for jan/Feb cos theres a good few going at that time I think.
Old 6 Nov 09, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
I went Aer Lingus direct to MCO in Dec 2007 and am going again in a few weeks time. I've flown both Continental and Delta indirect and I thought the service on all 3 was excellent (I've also flown Monarch direct and the service was fine too for a charter).

With AL we had seat back TV on the way over but not back to MCO in 2007. Just a few months ago in May we flew AL to JFK and had seat back TVs, we flew home from Washington DC with AL but didn't have the seat backs. To be honest I don't mind on the way home as they are night time flights and I have to try sleep anyway as I have to drive home when I hit Dublin.

I'll post back after 9th Dec once we arrive home to let you know how flight went. I've noticed that most of the people here on the DIBB who didn't like AL service are those who go indirect via the UK usually with Virgin. I've never flown Virgin myself so can't compare with them (maybe just as well ) perhaps Virgin are exceptional & others pale in comparison? By the way, I've always flown economy, so I don't know anything about PE etc.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 09, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We travelled with AL this summer. If the price had been right when checking the prices we probably would be going with them next summer but got better prices with Virgin.
I do think that the service standard on our flight was not the best that I have ever had with Aerlingus but that was probably due to the staff on the day. It is hit and miss which plane they put on the route - you can be lucky and get one of the refitted planes or be not so lucky and get the one without the in-seat entertainment. As long as you are prepared for not getting in-seat entertainment you will be ok and then if you do get it - it will be a bonus!
Anyway, once you get to Orlando, you will forget the trip and settle in to enjoying your holiday!
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread