Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jul 14, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sell DLP to my Hubby

I want to go next march and he says "whats the point", "I'd only go if we could never afford FL" or "people that have been FL hate it"

I really need help guys, please help me change his mind.

Thanks
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

The big mistake people make is comparing it to Florida...of course it's never going to compare on size and scale...how can it.
And also the American disney parks always get all the money thrown at them.

I've been to Florida disney and California disney and DLP and like them all for different reasons, I have been to DLP the last 7yrs running and at the moment am not even considering Florida as DLP is good enough for my small kids

You need to approach DLP with an open mind.

I think the park is lovely, the landscaping etc is beautiful, lots of open spaces etc.
The size is more manageable, you never feel rushed to get everything squeezed in.

The rides are fab...and a good mix of different ones.

I don't know what you can say to convince him...but how can you knock what you haven't tried
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kingchris
Apprentice Imagineer

I find the food better on average. I don't like American food that much. French > American.

Not so much March, but I do enjoy the cold weather, snowing whilst on big thunder mountain is special.

Also if your in Essex, if you drive you can grab cheap French wine.
kingchris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are real Florida fans but DLP was brilliant when we went in march...

A really enjoyable few days but busy !
Old 28 Jul 14, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

If you have to sell it then don't bother and plan a girlie friends dlp trip instead.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

oh kk20 a girlie trip to dlp is my idea of heaven, some day.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

We were a bit like your husband and thought DLP would be rubbish in comparison to FL but it was a fantastic place to visit for a short break - we've been back twice now. I really like the fact that you can walk from hotels, Downtown and park to park.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ok here it goes!

- The dreams show! It's amazing!
- The disneyland park is beautiful and rides like big thunder, space mountain, buzz and pirates are all done better than at Magic Kingdom. I personally think Rock N Roller is better there as well.
- Its amazing to be able to just walk to the parks, and also to hop between them.
- You can combine it with a trip elsewhere, e.g. a bit of time in Paris.
- The new ratatouille ride just opened and its meant to be brilliant.
- Oh and crushes coaster is fab too .
- You can jump on the eurostar and be there is no time, so much more chilled than flying!

Failing that I agree with the above - its a perfect place for a girly holiday
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
pwcollins
slightly serious Dibber

Hi

We have just got back from DLP today and we had a fantastic time. We have been to Florida 3 times and as many have said the American parks are very different.

DLP was a perfect size and the parks are really clean and tidy, also very pretty too. The rides are great and if you time it well most rides will have low wait times - for example last Friday we walked on to Space Mountain twice and the longest wait was for the parachute drop in Toy Story land.

We also had a day trip into Paris on Sunday and that was great too - very easy and straight forward!

So I would say go for it and you wont be disappointed - I want to back for more :-)

I hope this helps

Regards

Paul
Thomson Villa - April 2015
Virgin Select Villa - December 2016
pwcollins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 14, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

DLP is as others have said a short break. It is easy to get from on site hotel to the parks and the village. The big rides are the next generation on from Florida and are generally better. Space Mountain is totally different. It has inversions and is smoother with better projections than Orlando. Go

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread