Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jul 14, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto75
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

pluto75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Booked O'Hanas - not sure now?

Hi

I haven't been on here for a while but we go next Wednesday back to florida. I wanted to book an ADR as a great for my DH for our anniversary. We have DS12 and DS9

I've booked O'Hanas as I was told to get an 8.30 reservation then go down onto the beach to watch wishes...

But I've read some reviews and not sure if to cancel it

We are only doing universal and Busch this time so would be our only chance to see the fireworks.

Please help!

I want to go but want honest opinion if there's anything better we could do...

Thanks in advance

Old 28 Jul 14, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Can't comment on the food as haven't eaten there, but I don't believe you can access the beach to watch Wishes due to the construction work taking place. There was also talk of them fencing off the beach area and only allowing hotel residents on it. You might want to check both of these.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto75

pluto75's Reviews
Thanks. I really need to check as it's only 2 weeks away and that's the sole reason for us eating there!
Old 28 Jul 14, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Hi - We ate at O'Hana's about 4 weeks ago and i must say it was one off our favourite meals off the holiday. The pork and beef were mouth watering and all the other food delicious. We have 3 kids aged 14, 11 and 7 and they all loved it too infact they also said it was one off their favourite meals off the holiday. The only downside to our night was the amount off construction work going on which didn't interfere with our plans but the image i had off the beautiful lobby from the first time we visited the Polynesian was obviously changed with all the work going on and screens up etc. We did get to access the beach as kids wanted to watch some off the movie that was showing and to see the Water Paegeant and although some off it was fenced off we still managed to get a lounger. We didnt' stay for Wishes so I can't comment on whether the view for this is spoiled or not but the meal itself was fantastic. xx
Old 28 Jul 14, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Check the grills working before you go! It wasn't when we were there on 8th July and the food was not good!
Old 28 Jul 14, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

The Poly pool closed today and I think the rest of the beach until next year.
Old 29 Jul 14, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

We cancelled our Ohanas meal, too. One of the best places we've watched the fireworks from is a small observation platform at the contemporary. It is just out of the door on the level with the shop. We did this in 2008 and then bought DVC in 2009 at BLT so we could have that view from our room! There are some nice restaurants at the contemporary, The Wave gets good reviews and we are eating here twice this year, but never done it yet, also Cali Grill is amazing. If you book the latter for fireworks time, you can watch from the top observation deck...incredible view! When we ate there, we didn't have to move from the table! Watching Wishes wine in hand was lovely.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 14, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto75

pluto75's Reviews
Ive cancelled it :-(

Thanks for the tips - going to look at the Cali Grill I think
Old 29 Jul 14, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JACKIE153
Imagineer

We watched wishes from the observation deck at the contemporary last year and it was fabulous. Another option for you is any of the two signature restaurants at the Grand Floridian, Narcosees or Citricos and watch wishes from the beach there. I haven't tries Narcosees but Citricos is excellent. Xx

JACKIE153 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 14, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JACKIE153 View Post
We watched wishes from the observation deck at the contemporary last year and it was fabulous. Another option for you is any of the two signature restaurants at the Grand Floridian, Narcosees or Citricos and watch wishes from the beach there. I haven't tries Narcosees but Citricos is excellent. Xx
Narcosses is fantastic - we ate here last year and thought food was amazing, great setting and one off the freindly, loveliest servers we had ever had. My kids also loved the Nemo cupcake here! xx