Notices

Old 17 May 15, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Capt Wilko
Trying for More Ears

Great pre-trip report and your holiday sounds amazing. Excellent price for the flight upgrades. Looking forward to reading about your time in San Diego as it is somewhere I would love to go.

We have similar plans for New York as I have also booked tickets for One World Observatory, SOL and Aladdin and will definitely eat at Ellen's Stardust Diner (my daughter is a big glee fan).

Roll on August !
Old 20 May 15, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Capt Wilko View Post
Great pre-trip report and your holiday sounds amazing. Excellent price for the flight upgrades. Looking forward to reading about your time in San Diego as it is somewhere I would love to go.

We have similar plans for New York as I have also booked tickets for One World Observatory, SOL and Aladdin and will definitely eat at Ellen's Stardust Diner (my daughter is a big glee fan).

Roll on August !
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it

Looks like you arrive in NYC just as we head over to California

Hope you have a fab time!
Old 4 Jun 15, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

A little mini update…

Our Southern California CityPasses have arrived!

I was very excited to see these and it made it seem so real. We’ve also booked a town car with Dial 7 to get us to and from JFK and the Dinseyland Express to get us from LAX to our Anaheim hotel. So that’s the transport all sorted.

June is an incredibly busy month for us so I know the next 4/5 weeks at least will fly by. Here’s what’s happening in the Pye house over the next month…

Anna’s show – she’s in a performing arts show with her dance school (the same one that me and Adam both went to and where we met!) so we are all heavily involved in the production, although Anna’s the only one performing this time! So costumes, shoes, hair pieces etc etc have been organised and dress rehearsals start on Sunday. We’re all really looking forward to it but it’s a busy and tiring week!

Jack’s birthday – he’s having a birthday tea and a sleepover the weekend after. Everything is pretty much organised but I still need to wrap presents and get a cake!

My birthday/Father’s Day – falls on the same day this year! I was actually born on Father’s Day which was lovely for my Dad but a pain in the ass now when it happens on the same day. So we’re out for lunch with Adam’s parents and having dinner with mine. Lots of food that day and two birthday cakes!

Idina Menzel concert – I’ve been a big fan of her’s since her Broadway days in Wicked so Adam got us tickets for my birthday at the Apollo in Manchester. I can’t wait to see her and I’ll even forgive her if she sings Let it Go (I’m so sick of that song now! )

Wimbledon – Jack and I have tickets for Court 2 on the second day of the tournament. We both love tennis and this was a special birthday gift for Jack so we are both really excited about it – just keep your fingers crossed that it doesn’t rain!

Other stuff includes a choir concert for Jack, school trip for Anna, sports day for both of them, swimming gala for Jack, the school fair and we’re dog sitting for a week for my Mum and Dad while they are in Santorini!

Crazy, crazy, metal time but it’s all great, fun stuff and it means that it will be mid-July before I know it and we’ll only be a month away from the big trip!

The only things left to do now are book tickets for the 9/11 museum, the old town trolley tour in San Diego and pay the balance on the town house in San Diego.

I’m so excited I could burst!

Much love, Sarah.
Old 6 Jun 15, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Sounds awesome Nothing as exciting as having tickets in your hand

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 15, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi thank you for doing your pre trippy! In July we are doing 15 nights between Vegas, Anaheim, San Diego, LA then back to Vegas and I'm a bit stuck and fed up with it all at the moment apart from the Vegas part. Your pre trippy has renewed my enthusiasm My Anaheim night at present is 1 night, then we get a train down to SD for 3 nights, then a train to LA for 1 night and back to Vegas. SD was an afterthought long after everything was sorted, so I'm still tweaking and deciding what to change. I'm off to read your actual report now
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 16, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds amazing! Your honeymoon trip (LA, San Fran, Hawaii and Vegas) is the exact trip we're doing this September. We're also going to New York this year and hopefully going to see Aladdin so really looking forward to reading your trippie!
In a spooky coincidence our 40th Birthdays will also be our 10-yr wedding anniversary in 2018 - we're looking at going back to Florida then though
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List