Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Sep 14, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Missxtilly View Post
Hi I'm flying indirect for the first time on the 8th oct this year from heathrow to Washington and then Mco will I have to collect my luggage at Washington and put it back on to flight to Mco I'm flying united airlines also I've only got 1 hour and 10 min to get on next flight I'm so worried I'm going to miss it also what are united airlines like as I've seen lots of bad reviews and I'm worrying now thank you ��
I'm also flying this route in a few weeks time (my connection is 1 hour and 16 minutes).

If you look at the UA website, most of the flights land earlier than the "official" time.

As for bad reviews, all airlines have problems (see some of the recent BA threads in the last couple of days). I mostly fly a combination of UA or BA or Air Canada long-haul. I've had some great flights with all and some terrible flights with all.

There are some good movies on UA in October -- looking forward to it! (and trying out the new LHR T2)
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 14, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by funkysam123 View Post
Hey PAT,

Chances are BA know what they're talking about. If BA say you don't then chances are you don't. However, I'd verify this when you check in for your first flight. Ask the counter agent if the bags are being checked through, or only to your first destination. If they're only being checked to your connection airport, you will have to pick them up and check them in again as it were. If the counter agent checks them to MCO, you won't need to pick them up.

Hope this helps a bit,

Sam
Hi Sam, I think the info above is misleading. The counter agent will check them through but nonetheless you do have to pick them up, clear customs, redeposit them

So whilst BA are correct in that the luggage will be tagged or checked through to the final destination it is definitely the case with an indirect flight that the luggage needs to be to collected at first port of entry into USA, ie. in PAT24's case, Miami, then go through customs and give it back in for the onward flight to MCO.

Very important to distinguish between tagging of luggage right through and collection of luggage at first port of entry (which doesnt entail checking in again, but does entail collection of luggage and redepositing of luggage.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 14, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
funkysam123
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Hi Sam, I think the info above is misleading. The counter agent will check them through but nonetheless you do have to pick them up, clear customs, redeposit them

So whilst BA are correct in that the luggage will be tagged or checked through to the final destination it is definitely the case with an indirect flight that the luggage needs to be to collected at first port of entry into USA, ie. in PAT24's case, Miami, then go through customs and give it back in for the onward flight to MCO.

Very important to distinguish between tagging of luggage right through and collection of luggage at first port of entry (which doesnt entail checking in again, but does entail collection of luggage and redepositing of luggage.
Yep definitely true, sorry I was a bit ambiguous. Listen to this guy ^
funkysam123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 14, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mikim
Apprentice Imagineer

mikim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by funkysam123 View Post
Hi mikim,

Seems like you're fairly open minded regarding flights. You could explore options such as Thomson if you wanted direct flights, but if you're willing to break your journey, many more are open to you. If I were you, I'd use a comparison weebsite (such as kayak(.)co(.)uk) to give you the cheapest option for the time you want to fly.
Direct flights out of Florida to the UK are usually fairly late anyways, however if you wanted a full day at the park it might be worth coming home the day after?

Hope this helps,

Sam
We really don't mind who we fly with tbh, who else other than virgin fly in the winter months to Orlando?
Is it ten months this before you fly that the details for the flights are bookable?
Thanks

Below is a link to trip report 2013 may
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=728462
mikim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 14, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
funkysam123
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mikim View Post
We really don't mind who we fly with tbh, who else other than virgin fly in the winter months to Orlando?
Is it ten months this before you fly that the details for the flights are bookable?
Thanks
During winter, a lot of the holiday airlines suspend the route, however scheduled airlines will continue to fly. Depending on where you fly from, it could be very easy to fly to north America and connect to Orlando. For example, Delta, United or American Airlines all operate US routes from the UK with easy connections to Orlando.
It's usually around the 10 months mark, airlines can vary though. You're best bet is keeping an eye on prices through a comparison site though, I think
funkysam123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 14, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread