Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 23 Sep 14, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post

The fussy vegetarian returns to DLP 15th sept

After a three year absence from all things Disney due to a very dodgy knee and 2 surgeries multiple physios and injections later it was at last time to make that adventure again to that special place.

By the way it is just the 2 of us, my BF and I.

We had decided to stay for the night in a Travelodge hotel in Ashford as it broke up the long 6 hour journey and only cost £25…. Big mistake. Never again will we venture into one of these buildings. The carpet looked like it had not had a hoover on it for a while and don’t even get me started on the amount of hair that was in the shower plughole. It was a nice area though with restaurants and cinema and also the outlet close by.

The alarm went off at the ungodly hour of 4am as we needed to get to the tunnel for 5.40am. What I had been dreading all night was finally going to happen, that’s right you guessed it, the shower with the hairball. After a very quick shower and a paddle as no way was that water going down we were ready to hit the road.

A very short drive away of around 20 mins we arrived at the tunnel to await loading the car on the first train of the day. It would be a whole new adventure as we have caught the train to DLP before as a foot passenger and also flew but we got a bargain buy two nights get two free when staying in Davy Crockett ranch.

We disembarked and off we went on roads never travelled before. Our first test came at 8.34am…. from out of nowhere came the tolls. What do we do? Barriers, these strange yellow machines? Do I press buttons? Do I have to pay? What have we got to do? After a lot of thinking and looking at each other in a confused way and at the machine, the machine spat out a ticket and the barrier went up. I grabbed the ticket and off we went. We understood that we had to pay but as the time went flying by we began to doubt that this would ever happen, but at 10.15 again with about zero warning we came to the toll booth again and pulled up next to a friendly lady who took a lot of money from us…. 21.70 Euros.

We arrived at Davy Crockett around 11.30am where at last I made a direct route for the toilets whilst my BF started waiting in line for our tickets for parking and the parks. We got our packet and were told we could come back and check in at 3pm which we were ok with but my BF asked if we could have a cabin near the shops/ swimming area as I was limited with my stick and my knee with my movement. Have to say totally amazing cast member at reception. She located a disabled cabin and said that we could check in now as it was ready and saved us doing it later.
We grabbed those keys with delight. We had read a lot of mixed reviews but wow oh wow this was a brand spanking new cabin of wonder (see my previous trip report on the ranch for photos and a review)

I have a blue badge for my very untrustworthy knee and after reading the Dibb knew that there was a disabled car park by the Disneyland hotel. When pulling up to the main car park entrance I waved my blue badge and the parking pass and they gave us a code. You drive round to the hotel where you encounter a barrier where nothing happens, we have to kind of drive round the roundabout to the security guard who looks at everything and sends you on your way, then you come to the barrier where you enter the code. What a lovely big car park for disabled parking was waiting for us.

As it was lunch time and I’m so fussy it was time for my dreaded moment of where to eat? Earls of course. I did not like the look of the adults choice for a vegetarian so I had a child’s pizza and crisps 6.45 E very nice French pizza.

On to the parks, get me onto that tower of terror NOW! But my BF wanted to try something new which of course was the Rat ride. We went on it twice, once on the 40 min wait standby line then the single rider which was less than 5 mins, single rider was a great option.
It’s a very good unique ride from the rats viewpoint. Front row you get to see more and experience the effects.

At last it was TOT time…. Not sure what was going on as the staff were being a bit silly in the loading area and kind of spoiling the serious bell hops I’m used to seeing. They were throwing around a seat cushion thing to each other and playing American football, and hitting each other with it. I understand they get bored but still. We had two goes with only a 5 min wait.

Our last ride here was RC racer, I really enjoy it.

Being the fussy vegetarian that I am, none of those peppers or rice items should come near me I thought I’d be brave and I’d be safe to eat in chez Remy. The opening pictures had looked awesome and it really looked like an amazing place to eat. We had a 5pm booking and first impressions of the waiting area were indeed amazing.

Even though as the park closed at 6 the restaurant was quite empty we were placed in the naughty corner away from seeing anything. Not sure if this was because they wanted to keep the other areas nice for the next day. Does ratatouille even come out? Or am I mixed up?

We went with the 3 course option, which for me was the salad, tofu, and apple tart. My BF had salad, beef and chocolate cake, 40 euros each

Whilst we waited for food we took pictures and the staff were very happy to take pictures of you with all the items that are around.

A bread basket came followed by our salad. To be honest a nice soup would have been better with the dry old bread. Can’t say I was a fan of the salad either.

Enters the Tofu monstrosity… I dug into it with an open mind. I’ve never had tofu in the 20 years of being a vegetarian, I’m going to be brave. Now I knew where all the butter for the bread had gone, it was swimming in grease and the tofu had sucked it up and it was a horrible soggy mess with unknown root vegetables. I would not recommend it. My BF had the beef and had asked for it well done. It was burnt charcoal on the outside and chewy on the inside so he advises asking for medium to well done. He liked the chips and sauce though. Neither of us liked the ratatouille.

For dessert we shared an apple tart and chocolate cake which were both really nice.

In conclusion we would not ever eat here again unless they change the menu. I think the prices are too high, we were surprised how empty it was.

Got to say for a new area I was shocked to see the ladies toilets like this

We moved on to Disneyland and went onto Thunder mountain, which had a minimal wait. We wanted to watch dreams but I was not keen on standing so we also after reading the dibb went to city hall and got a guest assistant card which meant that we could go to the disabled viewing area. Just showed my disabled pass and they give you the card you need.

At 8pm we walked pass the area and I’m not kidding the 4 benches were pretty full. I managed to get a seat and the staff were being quite strict about the one person with the pass holder then at 9pm they opened the gates to everyone else in the family. It was a nightmare of overcrowding, I was nearly pushed off my seat by one family of about 10? Dreams is still a fantastic show.

Edited at 10:55 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 14, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Lovely first day, well done for lasting so long after your early start!
disneyfan87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 14, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post

It's Disney so you get some extra stamina from somewhere lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List