Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Sep 16, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EMB4
Trying for More Ears

Money Dilema!

Hello everyone!

Getting quote close now so starting to panic at the little prep we have done!

Just in regards to money, we have some that we are going to get changed into cash however we both get paid whilst over there and will probably need to gain access to that, can anyone recommend a good travel card that is easy to use for transferring funds from our UK bank accounts and ideally one that has no ATM/cash withdrawal fee?

I know the Halifax Clarity card is brilliant but having just brought a house i'm not too sure how we will get on applying for another credit card!

I've heard a lot of people using this Revolut card however I'm very confused about how it works!

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
EMB4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

We are here now and have a mix of Travellers cheques, revolut, cash and Clarity card. All have been fine. We have used the Travellers cheques by popping in to guest services in the Disney parks. Revolut you just top up and use as you would any other card. It's all done through the app.

Edited at 01:35 PM.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I have a fairfx card, when I wanted to transfer money on the card I went on the website, logged in and transferred it from my bank account onto the card, within an hour it was there. Only took a couple of minutes to do the transfer its really easy.
Old 27 Sep 16, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

been using fairfx since 2008 without issue. get a free one by clicking the link over there by the exchange rate info >>>>>>

these days, between that and the clarity card (for larger purchases) we use maybe $150 in actual cash over a two week period
takes about a week to arrive, and can be topped up through the website or via the app using either your bank account or debit card. we usually top it up beforehand, and then top it up a couple more times in smaller increments whilst out there once our wages have been paid. (and also to stop leaving loads of money on the card at the end of the trip)

hth

*edit*
hi from another notts dibber!

Edited at 01:50 PM.
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We too use the Fairfx card which we like. We withdraw and then spend cash, but there is a small withdrawal fee.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread