Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 27 Sep 16, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by fl-veteran View Post
Here's the guy:

His other company, FDV investment realty, still seems to be present online and have active listings for sales:

fdvinvestmentrealty/

His last blog post was a little over a month ago.

He also has an interest in something called "Truecam" which I think is a type of car dashcam.
Oh what a very punchable face he has! ;-)

Thank you for looking into this, it is really appreciated. Everything does fit in with him doing a bit of a surprise runner. Seems things were being run 'properly' until very recently.

I have asked this new woman to provide me with info on Police report, owner contact and how she got my info in the first place. I think the answers to these 3 questions will be the most telling as to if this new situation is legit or not...
irvsax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by irvsax View Post
Yeah, that could well be the case. Or it could be perfectly innocent and the owner had my details and has asked her to look after everything. You can make a case for both good and bad scenarios.

Should I contact Kissimmee local police do you think? Not really sure where to start!
I would start local. The other thing to bear in mind without trying to be the bearer of worse news is that revolut is a mastercard debit and not credit card and therefore protection is far less.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

I'm absolutely no expert in these things, but this does scream of being a scam to me.

I think you've had some excellent advice from fellow (more knowledgeable Dibbers) and I'd definitely be asking more questions.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. What an absolute nightmare just before your holiday
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
I would start local. The other thing to bear in mind without trying to be the bearer of worse news is that revolut is a mastercard debit and not credit card and therefore protection is far less.
Sorry, when you say 'local', do you mean UK local?

I did wonder about this, but before I used them I checked it out and it says because they use the Mastercard service I get the same protection as anyone else using Mastercard. So far Revolut have been great and have said they will return the money on day 46 if they dont hear anything for 45 days. So there seems to be no dispute in principle as to if they can give refunds. All will now depend on if they get any responses or not I suppose.
irvsax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Stitchfan626 View Post
I'm absolutely no expert in these things, but this does scream of being a scam to me.

I think you've had some excellent advice from fellow (more knowledgeable Dibbers) and I'd definitely be asking more questions.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. What an absolute nightmare just before your holiday
Thank you. Its a bit of a nightmare really! Was just starting to get seriously excited and was only saying to my partner yesterday about how I think everything is now set and paid and planned... famous last words!

I have to say, I am not sure it is a 'scam' anymore. I will see how they respond to my extra questions for info. I dont know why I dont think it is and totally understand how it comes across that way on here in black and white. I am either a good or terrible judge of character.. I suppose the next couple of weeks will determine that! haha.

I am very cautious though. At the moment my plan is to get more info and proceed with caution.
Old 27 Sep 16, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

She should've been able to answer those questions straight away.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

So sorry this is happening to you. I too await this ladies reply to your more recent questions. I really do hope this is not a scam and it all works out for you. The only advice I would give is as others have said contact the police. What a nightmare!
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mancdisney View Post
She should've been able to answer those questions straight away.
Yeah, to be fair I have not asked them until an email I sent this morning, so need to give her chance to come back.

when i was on the phone yesterday to her everything I did ask, she had a good answer for and didnt sound like she was fumbling around for the Truth or anything. I just wasnt savvy enough at the time to think of these things, so have asked now and hope she provides a suitable response.
Old 27 Sep 16, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by irvsax View Post
Sorry, when you say 'local', do you mean UK local?

I did wonder about this, but before I used them I checked it out and it says because they use the Mastercard service I get the same protection as anyone else using Mastercard. So far Revolut have been great and have said they will return the money on day 46 if they dont hear anything for 45 days. So there seems to be no dispute in principle as to if they can give refunds. All will now depend on if they get any responses or not I suppose.
That is good news from Revolut. They have clearly upped their game as their own terms and conditions would have left you high and dry. By local I mean USA local. It would appear from what you have been told that they are aware. Therefore you are an interested party to this. However, this may be more complicated than normal if the card company are going to be paying you back

I don't know how it works in USA but in the UK I do have experience of having money taken fraudulently. In the UK I am not the victim, the bank is. Therefore only they can refer it to the police as its their money which has been taken. I have tried reporting to police and they weren't interested.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
That is good news from Revolut. They have clearly upped their game as their own terms and conditions would have left you high and dry. By local I mean USA local. It would appear from what you have been told that they are aware. Therefore you are an interested party to this. However, this may be more complicated than normal if the card company are going to be paying you back

I don't know how it works in USA but in the UK I do have experience of having money taken fraudulently. In the UK I am not the victim, the bank is. Therefore only they can refer it to the police as its their money which has been taken. I have tried reporting to police and they weren't interested.
Interesting stuff about who gets to make the claims etc. I suppose all I can do is to follow every course of action possible and then see what comes out in the wash..
Closed Thread