Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jan 15, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Daytona on July 4th

Saw somebody mention that there is a race on July 4th at Daytona. On the Daytona website it says its a night race, although the official Nascar site states that the race starts at 12:00. I feel the Nascar site is a holding page as all the seasons races are at 12:00. I can't find anything though that confirms the actual race time. Does anyone know?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 15, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bobbles View Post
Saw somebody mention that there is a race on July 4th at Daytona. On the Daytona website it says its a night race, although the official Nascar site states that the race starts at 12:00. I feel the Nascar site is a holding page as all the seasons races are at 12:00. I can't find anything though that confirms the actual race time. Does anyone know?
This year its changed and the NASCAR race on the 4th July is actually the Nationwide series or Xfinity as they now call it (basically the 2nd series) and it starts at 7.30pm...

The proper big race, the Sprint Cup has been moved to the Sunday for this year and starts at 7.45pm.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 15, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks for that. Yes I saw that when I was investigating. Unfortunately we have already booked DC for the 5th otherwise I would go for that. I'll admit I dont know much about oval racing but I'm guessing it'll be fast and being the 4th July I'm assuming a good atmosphere. Still have to broach the idea with DW and DD though...
Old 28 Jan 15, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
I've been to many NASCAR races at Daytona, but usually daytime races.

The trouble with the july races (and the main reason i've haven't been) is there are prone to rain..NASCAR don't ever run in the rain, so its not uncommon for the race to be delayed, i've known it to start around 10/11pm .

If your at DC the next day i assume that'll be a early start.. if the race starts on time it'll finish around 10pm you'll not be back to Orlando before midnight..if there's a rain delay it could easily be 2/3am..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 15, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I've been to many NASCAR races at Daytona, but usually daytime races.

The trouble with the july races (and the main reason i've haven't been) is there are prone to rain..NASCAR don't ever run in the rain, so its not uncommon for the race to be delayed, i've known it to start around 10/11pm .

If your at DC the next day i assume that'll be a early start.. if the race starts on time it'll finish around 10pm you'll not be back to Orlando before midnight..if there's a rain delay it could easily be 2/3am..
Ah that's put a bit of a dampner on it...no pun intended. May need to reconsider then but thanks for the advice. It is one of those nice to do's rather than a need to. Cheers.
Old 28 Jan 15, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bobbles View Post
Ah that's put a bit of a dampner on it...no pun intended. May need to reconsider then but thanks for the advice. It is one of those nice to do's rather than a need to. Cheers.
Yes its fun , we're off to the Phoenix and Vegas races in a few weeks...

But it can go on a little... sometimes you get lucky and very few cautions and its over in a few hours other times its a crash every other lap (or seems like it).

It won't be anywhere near a sell out crowd though so you could decide on the day when you've seen the weather forecast etc..
Old 28 Jan 15, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread