Notices

Old 25 Nov 14, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JRB View Post
So excited for your MIL - I'll love to take my mother as it would be so different to anything she's ever done so I can really feel your excitement.
Thanks! That's exactly it - MIL has NEVER been to a theme park, never mind a DISNEY theme park and she really has no idea what to expect. I've told her things obviously but she has no frame of reference. She's seen how much we love it though and wants to see for herself what keeps us going back again and again. We're so excited to show it all off to her and just really hope she has a good time! That's why I've put in loads of effort to make it extra special for her and to spread as much pixie dust on this trip as I can - I want her to have a really magical time.

I'm super excited and just can't wait to finally be there!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 14, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Just caught up on your trippie! I know how you feel on the youtube videos, I honestly feel like I have watched every single Christmas DLP video on youtube!

We have the planet hollywood groupon too! It's getting closer isn't it...
Old 26 Nov 14, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mermaids View Post
Just caught up on your trippie! I know how you feel on the youtube videos, I honestly feel like I have watched every single Christmas DLP video on youtube!

We have the planet hollywood groupon too! It's getting closer isn't it...
It is indeed! I've been trying to avoid the videos of this year's Christmas stuff - mainly the new Dreams and the new tree lighting ceremony just because I'd like to experience them in person for the first time. I've been watching as many vlogs as I can though and just skipping the footage of those! And I've been watching loads of stuff from last year's Christmas and previous Christmasses! Can't get enough
Old 27 Nov 14, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Not long now! Can't wait to read all about it when your back.

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 14, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post

All the presents!

Well it's really not long to go now! We leave home tomorrow and are spending the night in Glasgow before jetting off to Paris on Sunday. Last minute preparations are in full swing and tonight will be a packing marathon.

As you may know if you've read the rest of the pre-trippie, I've been collecting little bits and bobs to give to MIL when we get there to try and make her trip extra magical. Well I wrapped them all up last night so I thought I'd share some pics in case anyone was curious about what was going into her goodie bag. Shhhh nobody tell her!

Ok so here goes - I've been collecting for a while so there are quite a few bits. I've wrapped everything up individually and then put them all inside a bag which I've then wrapped up so it's all one big parcel so hopefully there will be much fun and anticipation when she comes to unwrap it all!

So this is the bag that everything goes inside:

Very French don't you think?

And here are all the goodies inside...

First up is the 1st visit badge I managed to get from Disneyland in Anaheim from a friend who visited. I know they don't do these at DLP but I wanted her to have one and at least this one does say Disneyland!

Next up because she's Scottish and for that reason her favourite Princess is Merida, this lovely pencil case for her to just put bits and bobs in really:

Because everyone needs a Mickey plush so we thought we'd get her first one:

Bubbles for bubbly fun on Main Street or in queues because who doesn't love bubbles?!

Everyone needs ears so I got these to tide her over until she finds some proper ones she likes in the parks:

Probably the best present of the bunch - a lanyard full of trader pins! Every disney fan should have this!

Because she may get thirsty and want to fill up a bottle (this has their faces on too you just can't see in the pic):

Because it is going to get cooooold and as I said she likes Merida:

Because I know she's a Princess at heart:

To keep her real ears toasty if her Minnie ears just aren't cutting it!

Because, well... sweets.

A sharpie for those all important autographs (we'll buy her a book when we get there):

And that's it! Here they all are wrapped up individually:

I don't have one of the overall parcel but I'm sure you can imagine! It's taken me months to collect all these bits, I can't wait to surprise her with it when we get there! We also have BBWWS tickets as a surprise but she won't know about that until the night!

EXCITED!

Edited at 06:08 PM.
Old 6 Dec 14, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JRB
Excited about Disney

You're so sweet - she's going to love these - hope you have a fab time and can't wait to read all about it, and your MIL's reaction, when you get back.
London & DLP November 2014 - pre-trip report
JRB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 14, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SallyPatterson
Apprentice Imagineer

Only just seen your trip thread and just had to say what a truly lovely person you are. Your kindness and thoughtfulness to your mil is lovely to see and read about. The world would be far nicer if more people were this kind spirited.

Merry Christmas to you

Sally
Xx