Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 30 Dec 14, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Welly
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

When you book and pay for a certain level of room with amenities you wouldn't normally find, that is what you expect to be given. My stay was thoroughly disappointing, and I agree wholeheartedly with the poster (2 above) the rooms are very tired, the club room is not fit for purpose. Yes, the staff are great, but I expected what I paid for and despite complaining it wasn't delivered.

Incidentally, my room at home is larger than the premier inn esque room we were given at RPR, not that this is relevant if you are not provided with the service paid for.

I'm really glad some of you have had great stays, for me it was more than disappointing and I would never recommend it to friends.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Welly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 14, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lilack View Post
We've stayed at HRH, PBH & RPR (all Club), and Royal Pacific was my favourite by far - until this year. We were booked in for 3 nights club room and were put on the floor below and despite complaining they weren't able to move us. Everywhere looked a bit tatty and dirty and I ended up with quite a few bites which I'm sure were from the hotel room. The club lounge was overcrowded - people couldn't get seats in the morning & evening and it's not so easy to take things back to your room when you're not on the same floor.

Our friends were there the same time as us (I had recommended RPR!) staying for full two weeks. They had booked one room for 2 adults and 1 child - which should have been fine with 2 queen beds. But they were given a room with 1 king. They went down to reception to say there had been a mistake but were told it was the only room available but they could pay for a rollaway - which is what they did! They did manage to get a refund on the rollaway and moved to another room after 3 nights.

For us - the club room staff were lovely as always but I think they are overselling the club rooms. The whole place looks like it needs a refurb. The pool area is good - even though it doesn't have a slide - and the staff at the pool bar are great. But unless I start reading better reports about RPR I think I'll be giving it a miss next time. Shame - because we've had 3 great holidays there previously.
I completely agree with this. We've stayed RPR club for years and really enjoyed it but felt it had gone downhill a little in September. We were placed on a different floor for the first time ever which is much more inconvenient than being on the 7th floor. We were able to be moved to the 7th but not till the next day.

The lounge was way more crowded than on previous trips which I assume is due to them overselling it, it was often difficult to find a seat , little touches like bath robes missing in the rooms and cut backs in the breakfast offerings. The club lounge staff were lovely and We still enjoyed our stay but aren't as keen to return as we have been in previous years.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 14, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Minni
Getting Excited

We are staying here in August for 4 nights club - trying not to worry about the comments on here
Which floor is the club room on and is there any room/area we should be asking for?
Minni is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 14, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Daza
slightly serious Dibber

I stayed at HrH last May for 2 nights. Hallways looking very tired...stains on hallway carpets never cleaned up and the rooms were very tired looking. I paid for a pool view and the view of the pool was non exixtent!

That said.the vibe was still OK and I am going to give it another go this August.
May 15th Homewood Suites near Universal.
Daza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 14, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread