Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Dec 14, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Help with accommodation

Hi,

We are planning to book for next Jan but are really stumped on which Disney hotel to stay at.

Do any of the hotels have activities?

Lisa
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 14, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Apprentice Imagineer

No, I don't think so, but they all have their own bar, shop and restaurant.

I've stayed at the Cheyenne, the Sequoia Lodge and the Disneyland Hotel and liked all of them, but I think the Sequoia would be my favourite. Is budget an issue? Do you think you'd make use of a swimming pool?
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 14, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Budget is not really an issue, yeah we would use a swimming pool. I am assuming the pool is indoors!
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 14, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Apprentice Imagineer

If budget really is no issue then the DLH is a fab option as it located right at the park entrance you can be back to your room out of the cold in minutes. It also has a pool (indoors) and a lovely hot and cold buffet breakfast. The Sequoia Lodge is also lovely, especially in the winter. It also has an indoor pool, although the pool building is separate from the rest of the hotel.

I would happily stay in either so it really depends on how much you'd be happy to spend.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 14, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

When I go to booking it says the pool at Disneyland Hotel will be closed so I wouldnt want to go there.

Is sequoia the only other one with a pool?

It seems most people go to Cheyenne or Santa Fe, is that just due to price or are they good hotels?
Old 22 Dec 14, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

New York has a pool though I don't know when it shuts for its long refurb. I believe Yacht Club also has a pool. Sequioa Lodge (which we love) has a part indoor part outdoor pool. We are staying at the DLH for a 20th anniversary it is wonderful but is the equivalent of The Grand Floridian at WDW. The best hotel on property and as mentioned is right over the gates to Disneyland Park.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 14, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I would probably choose the sequoia lodge, when we next go I would stay here I think.
The Newport bay should have finished is renovations by then so will be all shiny and new. The New York, as Peter h has said, is due to close for its refurb once the Newport has finished.
We have stayed at the disneyland hotel and there is nothing like it but if the pool is something you will definitely use and the DLH one is shut is go for one of the ones round the lake 😄

DLP: Aug 92, Aug 97, Jun 02, Nov 07, Apr 11, Feb 15, May 16, Oct 16, May 17
WDW: Oct 96, Feb 04, Feb 06, Feb 08, Oct 13
Disneyland: Mar 99, Sept 06
Tokyo Disney: Apr 98
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 14, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have booked for July 2016 and decided on the Newport bay club. We really fancied the New York but knew there was a good chance it would be closed and we would be moved so we went for the Newport bay hoping it will be all nice and new after having the refurb.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 14, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread