Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Dec 14, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

Todays special moments are tomorrows memories october 2014 day 6 A whole lot of abreviations

Day 6

A whole lot of abbreviations

AKL and MNSSHP

trip index here

This is where I had stopped doing notes as the day before had made me think what’s the point as at the time it seemed all very big, reading it back though it was nothing, so I did try to get back into it after a couple of days but never really caught up, so after the next 2 days you’ll be relying on my memory. Thing’s will probably be short and sweet lol.

Anyway today I was up bright and early to yet another beautiful HOT day, I had coffee and sat and chilled on the balcony and watched the world wake up and face booked for a while, I let everyone sleep on as we weren’t doing anything until later in the day when we were moving over to AKL for a night and MNNSHP (for people who don’t know AKL is Animal Kingdom Lodge and MNNSHP is mickey’s not so scary Halloween party) I was so excited for these I have never stayed at a disney hotel before, but saw sale on expedia with 15% cashback on quidco so ended up with our room for £93 which I thought was an excellent price.

We went for breakfast at the golden coral, then came back to the room the kids went off to swim while I sorted all the stuff we needed for the next 2 days into a suitcase and a rucksack, not to bad for 4 folk really as we all had our fancy dress stuff in there as well, I went and sunbathed for a while then and colin went it with the kids.

I had already booked out taxi on the mears ap and he was there and waiting 5 minutes early and he was the nicest driver we had all holiday really chatty and pleasant we had some really surly one’s this trip, especially when we were taking short trips they do need to stop being quite so tip driven (they don’t get big tips on short journeys)
So after a lovely trip out we were “welcomed home” for the first time at the AKL gates, I went a bit photo crazy in here but OMG just WOW the themeing all so beautiful, wish I had loads of cash and could spend a whole holiday here.

at last!

We checked in smoothly and were given out magic bands and headed to our room in the kudu area of the hotel. I was so pleased to see I had been given what I requested, bunk beds and a kingsize bed as when I looked at disney site these rooms cost more, it was great though and saved the guys and girls having to share, thanks Disney.
Shannon bagged the top bunk, I quite fancied sleeping there myself they were huge for single beds! The detail in the room was amazing we were all blown away, I grabbed the toiletries before anyone got a chance to use them, they are lovely sitting here in my room reminding me of Florida. There will now be a slight overload of room pics which I will not apologise for lol, I then had a wee sit out on the balcony but there were no animals just a guy cleaning out the pool.

first ever mickey towel

Sorted out all of our fancy dress stuff into the rucksack ready for changing into after our dinner later on.
We headed out to where we had to catch a shuttle to the park and it was only a couple of mins and a magic kingdom one came and we were on and on our way at last, I was so excited at this point high as a kite probably worse than the kids lol.

We got there at around 3.50pm and had bag check and got our Halloween party bands and we were on our way in.

We headed down main street and a had a few pics taken on the way, Arron wanted a drink so we had to go inot a shop goofy’s sweet shop I think(seemed to be a thing for him the min we were in a park we had to stop for a drink immediately was annoying when we were all dying to get going on rides and shows) Shannon bought the biggest lollypop in the world here, which was a pain in the butt and we all ended up taking turns in carrying it!

We got to walt and there was a show just starting on the man stage so we stopped to watch ( I didn’t have a map so didn’t know what it was called ) It was really good though and started with the princesses and ended with the badies, we headed around the castle (couldn’t go through as it was blocked off) and went on philharmonic, love this attraction and so did everyone else, there seemed to be some things I had forgotten about though lol, when we came out it was nearly time for our dinner reservation at crystal palace so we headed there and booked in.

Shannon was really looking forward to meeting pooh bear and had her pooh ears and wee pooh bear with her. We were booked for 5.10 but it nearly half past before we were called in. We ordered drinks then headed off for food as we were hungry, our server said it would be a short wait for the characters anyway, the buffet here was good and everyone got a full plate to come back with…mac n cheese must have been good Shannon went back 3 times! First to visit us was tiger who was really good, next up was my favourite Eeyore, he is just sooooo cuddly don’t know how anyone could not like him. Then pooh appeared and I got my favourite picture of the holiday, Shannon had a fabulous visit with him. He made a big thing of her ears and wee bear and she was really cuddling in …a big thing for a autistic kid, she likes hugging me but not so much other people, last time it was rapunzel, this time pooh J, the rest of us all got a hug too, we never felt rushed with him at all even though it was really busy. Piglet was last up and he was hilarious, I can’t even remember what he got up to think he stole Shannon pooh and threw him away and hid her ears ha ha. It was pudding time now and I had a Halloween muffin and a few other bits and bobs was all really good and we left feeling just stuffed and wanting a sleep lol.

We waddled back down main street to get our costumes hoping we would still fit into them after all the food we had consumed!
Shannon was Supergirl, I was tink, Arron was a gangster and Colin was a Dartboard.
Our first port of call was a visit to tink seeing as I was dressed as her, I was feeling really slim and good until I had to stand next to her…she’s tiny, I had lost 2 stone before I went away and still looked huge in the pics, we waited about 15 mins and got a red card to take through the line with us. For those who don’t know these cards help Disney control the queue times as you have to hand it back when you get to the front.

We did have a really good time with Tinkerbell though she was really good with Shannon who asked where the other fairies were as she wanted to meet silvermist ( I do think that they made a wee mistake taking the fairy area away) Tink told her they were all very busy getting ready for Winter though so she was happy with that.

We then headed back up main street and right into tomorrow land where we went into the monster laugh show as it was only 10 mins, loved this the people who were picked on to participate all played their parts brilliantly, we came out and saw mike and sully dancing but you can’t get a pic with them, there were things like this happening a lot this time I find it strange they have characters out and you can’t get a pic some kids just don’t understand, so after watching for a few mins we headed onwards.

Got lost in Fantasyland for ages and couldn’t find our way out of it the low lighting really confused me.. I know it’s Halloween but I think there’s a diff between atmospheric lighting and not being able to find your way round lol. The area being all new and changed didn’t help me either. We headed eventually for Haunted Mansion which was a 25 min wait, which wasn’t too bad as the park was absolutely hoaching by now, even more so in this area.

It was really good doing this ride for Halloween the CM’s were fab too totally in character, bet they really like not having to smile all the time on these nights ha ha.
We got both magic shots outside they were great fun loved them when we saw them, had a restroom break and were trying to head back to main street for hallo wishes but this CM told us just to sit where we were, and it was fine we could see it all from there. This show just WOW amazing I am ruined for all fireworks now, I even had a little leak around the eyes at the end shhhh don’t tell anyone though . I got a few pics but nothing show stopping, but I’m glad I didn’t really bother I just watched it I’m sure If I feel the need to re see any of it U tube will help me out.

Shannon was getting tired so I threatened her with the stocks lol.
We came back round to the front of the castle and villains unleashed was just starting so we watched, it was really good, great to see all my favourites on stage but annoying at the same time, reminding me that I couldn’t meet any of them which had been my only reason for coming! I had, after trying to confirm with disney I couldn’t meet any of them in the park, tried to book tickets for the villains party but they were sold out, disney took so long to answer my email they seem determined to phone you and had been trying to phone (well I have no idea I put no phone number on it) for a week instead of just answering my email ughhhh. The castl looked amazing all lit up and ghosts flitting across it.
Then it was time for boo to you, I tried to get pics but my camera was playing up something terrible we were at the second one and it was still really busy, what I don’t get is everyone is sitting and can see just grand and the minute the parade comes they all stand up and it’s a nightmare trying to see.

Really enjoyed it though especially the haunted mansion float.
We wandered around a bit more after this and had our picture taken with Jafar and did one of the candy trails we found.
We headed out after this, all in all hallo wishes was totally worth it and the special pics, but the rest ? Well we wouldn’t do it again, we felt like we rushed around all evening it was really busy for 2 kids who don’t do crowds, we didn’t get much candy, the lighting was terrible and I was really disorientated and we hardly saw any of the characters around the park. Just our take on it. Anyway we got back to AKL about half twelve and fell into out lovely comfy beds.

Next up
Getting Arty Farty

Edited at 10:39 PM.
peagusus66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 14, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Great pictures of your room, how did you find your night on site?

The party looks great, we're going to do MNSSHP next year and are so excited.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 14, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Great pictures of your room, how did you find your night on site?

The party looks great, we're going to do MNSSHP next year and are so excited.
We loved our night at AKL I would stay there again in a heartbeat and spend more time there chilling out what an amazing hotel it is, the beds were so comfortable, shower was really good as well got a good pummeling off it lol. We did enjoy most of the party but felt it was far more sensory stimulus for our 2 kids and everyone kept having wee meltdowns, I'm sure you will love it...go with a plan though I would say
Old 20 Dec 14, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post

that hotel looks amazing, now I'm keeping an eye on expedia to see if we can maybe bag a bargian for next year, great day keep em coming
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 14, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

such a lovely hotel I would love to spend a whole holiday at disney but it just isnt affordable for us with a child...maybe when she is all grown up
Old 6 Jan 15, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post

wow that hotel looks amazing, so does the halloween night you've nearly sold me into going in october now
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 15, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

yes it is a nice time to go...there is also pecan pie lol