Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 20 Dec 14, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Welly
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Disappointing Stay at RPR club level

Was so looking forward to our stay at RPR after reading everything on here, but it was a total let down.

We booked club level in February, they gave us a room on a non club floor with room keys that wouldn't access the club level - had to be changed, twice! The rooms were nothing special once we got them (1 room ready at 1pm, the other still not ready at 4.15 - be aware, rooms are ready from 4, not at 4, this means a looooong wait) furniture very tired, no in room fridge, and window seal hanging off. TV in Inlaws room didn't work, was reported but not fixed. Had a view of a flat roof looking towards the car park and busy road. No robes or bed turn down, roll out bed never arrived despite asking for it numerous times, youngest ended up sleeping with us after asking for it one last time at 10pm, waiting, waiting - gave up.
Club room is nothing special, I was expecting something like the crowne plaza or hilton club lounge, nothing like it. Staff very nice though. Most guests totally abused the lounge facilities, we saw folk walking down the corridors laden with cakes at dessert hour, so much so that when we arrived at 8.30 all that was left was biscuits, the teens who arrived at 8.50 would have got nothing had we not saved a biscuit for each of them!
The early park entry is good to a point, the only thing open was Diagon alley, the train to IOA didn't start running until 9am and the queue was massive, 45min wait at 9am! The queue for Gringotts was 45mins at 8.10, can't use FOLP. Once arrived at Higsmeade as park open by then, queue for HP ride was 60mins, again can't use FOLP. Enjoyed the passes for other rides though.

All in all, IMO RPR is not a luxury place to stay, rooms same size as a premier inn. Only benefit is proximity to universal but don't expect early entry means no queue.
If I book again, we won't stop, will just use the FOLP and go back to villa.
Oh, and on site self park is $20 per night plus tax.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Welly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 14, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
coastergirls
VIP Dibber

coastergirls's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4
They tried that trick with us in October. I politely declined despite the room being ready. Stayed there many times club level so wasnt accepting room on another floor. We got our rollaway free. Maybe because we were youfirst members and been so many times. Anyway room wasnt ready till after 4 we stayed in lounge from about 3 pm waiting on it. No rollaway so we called them and it did take them a good while. Not enough towels for 5 despite being booked for 5. The towel situation was most days and DH started going to club room and got them quicker. We were disappointed in the room the bathroom was the smallest we had ever had in the hotel. I filled in a survey after we left and highlighted the issues and got a personal email back apologising and got the name of someone to contact if we booked again. Staff in lounge were fantastic and have to say we never had any issues about food. Even going 4th July week year before we had no issues. I had booked through Thomas Cook and good club level for £500 and 50 ish for 4 days so we were well pleased.
I prefer Hard Rock but the club lounge is smaller and not so good.
Old 21 Dec 14, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh dear. This is really disappointing to hear. We were thinking of booking RPR for our honeymoon stay. Hope they buck their ideas up by then. May have to stay at Sapphire Falls instead...
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 14, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ldnlad82
Excited about Disney

We stayed at RPR for what was suppose to be the whole 2nd week of our Honeymoon 2 weeks ago and it was terrible.

We had a club floor room but the bed was broken and one of the bed lights was making an electrical buzzing sound like it was about to explode... was horrid!

They changed us to another room the next morning with an awful view and woken up in the morning with a huge bug in the bed and my Husband suffering from an eye infection which he attributed to a pillow that looked quite grotty (didn't notice that evening but in the morning could see it wasn't very clean.

Also that morning we found long hairs in the porridge in the lounge!

We had enough and complained to the Management who tried to move us rooms again (to fumigate the 2nd room) BACK TO THE FIRST ROOM!

I was so angry I refused to be moved again to another grubby room and, to their credit, they understood perfectly our situation and moved us to the Hard Rock which was 1,000% better!

Wouldn't now touch PRP with a barge pole! Staff are lovely but the place is a wreck!
Ldnlad82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 14, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
Oh dear. This is really disappointing to hear. We were thinking of booking RPR for our honeymoon stay. Hope they buck their ideas up by then. May have to stay at Sapphire Falls instead...
Buck up their ideas?
Stayed last August on club level. Rooms were very good on level 6
With a great view over IOA and the pool.
I don't think they advertise as luxury. There are very few luxury hotels in this area due to the massive turn over of people.
Having stayed in disney hotels and the usual hotels on international drive and lbv these are on par with animal kingdom rooms. (Classed as delux by disney?) the main benefits to club class was continental breakfast. Free beer and wine between 4 and 6 each evening snacks, coffee tea and soft drinks all day.Front of line passes and a clean comfortable bed. With turndown service. Good quality furniture ,big tv , expensive mini bar( bring your own) good aircon.
The staff on club level are excellent in serving you all day.
If you get a bad room all you need to do is be nice and they will either change the room or give you an upgrade.
The hotel has that special feel it when you arrive which you don't find in many orlando hotels or even disney. The pool and restuarant choice( city walks) or second to none.
we enjoy staying here for 2 or 3 nights and see it as a treat .
Look on tripadvisor will give you an alround view on the hotel and ammenities.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 14, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Sorry your stay had so many problems. Did you complain while you were there? If not, I would put together a letter of complaint listing what you have mentioned in your thread.

I agree with myaquarium that RPR is not listed as a luxury hotel, it is expensive because of the 'free' FoLPs, it's proximity to the parks and CW, the waterbus etc., therefore a premium is charged for those benefits. I've stayed there twice and, yes, the rooms are not large or particularly decorative - I found the Florida Mall hotel, for example, had much nicer rooms. $20 for self-parking is not unusual, the Florida Mall hotel charges something similar; a lot of hotels charge around this amount in resort fees, many add parking on top of that - Universal hotels don't charge resort fees.

What you experienced is unacceptable and I'm sure management would want to know so that they can improve their services. Hope you managed to enjoy your holiday.
bella9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 14, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
RPR tried to put us not just on another floor to the lounge but another building. To be fair, they really tried their best to accommodate us and as it was for only two nights, we managed in a room that wasn't really suitable but on the lounge floor.
Old 22 Dec 14, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've booked club level at RPR in October must admit I'm a bit worried after reading this
Old 22 Dec 14, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Buck up their ideas?
Stayed last August on club level. Rooms were very good on level 6
With a great view over IOA and the pool.
I don't think they advertise as luxury. There are very few luxury hotels in this area due to the massive turn over of people.
Having stayed in disney hotels and the usual hotels on international drive and lbv these are on par with animal kingdom rooms. (Classed as delux by disney?) the main benefits to club class was continental breakfast. Free beer and wine between 4 and 6 each evening snacks, coffee tea and soft drinks all day.Front of line passes and a clean comfortable bed. With turndown service. Good quality furniture ,big tv , expensive mini bar( bring your own) good aircon.
The staff on club level are excellent in serving you all day.
If you get a bad room all you need to do is be nice and they will either change the room or give you an upgrade.
The hotel has that special feel it when you arrive which you don't find in many orlando hotels or even disney. The pool and restuarant choice( city walks) or second to none.
we enjoy staying here for 2 or 3 nights and see it as a treat .
Look on tripadvisor will give you an alround view on the hotel and ammenities.
Not stayed at RPR but it does advertise as luxury Orlando hotel.

Also disagree on the point stating no 'special feel' when entering a Disney hotel. Think you get this in most if not all deluxe disney hotels.
Old 23 Dec 14, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Welly
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It was terrible and I would not recommend it to anyone.

I did complain and they agreed to refund half each room fee, having just checked the refund note (which they put in an envelope) they have only refunded $100 per room not the £100 per room agreed, cross wires I think, but will be emailing.

I'd change to the HRH or other hotel as this is very tired, furniture scratched and grubby, tiny bathroom and dated noisy air con. Not worth £100 a night, never mind over £200.

In a way I'm glad it's not just me, as I was worried I was being overly picky!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Welly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread