Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 12, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ashlee3590
New Poster (3)

Does anyone know anything more about Test Track? is it going to be a simulator or is the original track ride staying?
ashlee3590 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jeff456
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ashlee3590 View Post
Does anyone know anything more about Test Track? is it going to be a simulator or is the original track ride staying?
Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong... the Original track is staying and most of the ride is remaining largely unchanged.. the ride vehicles will be updated though with more interative elements. The queue gets changed into the 'chevrolet design centre.' You design you 'simcar' and then take it out and test it on the course.. Sounds quite good and I'm interested in how the whole simcar thing will work. but I'm gutted it's going to be closed in August.
WDW- Feb 1999-AS Music, Oct 2000- AS Movies, Oct 2005- AKL, Oct 2006-Offsite, Feb 2008-AS Music, Aug 2010-POFQ, Aug 2012-OKW, Sep 2014 POFQ, Aug 2017 OKW, Aug 2023 POFQ, Jan 2024 - Dockside, April 2024 Villa, Sep 2024 OKW, Dec 2024 - AS Movies

DLP - Dec 2009, July 2011, July 2019, Sep 2019, November 2022
Jeff456 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Really hoping it will open up once we arrive late September.

Yes, the track is staying the same, but the majority of everything else sounds like it will be changing. I hope that means they'll change the starter video too! The Simcar thing sounds really intriguing, if each individual rider is making their own 'ride' it's going to be quite a combination of reality/virtual reality - more so even than those rollercoaster simulators at DQ!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 12, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbaby29871
Imagineer

TT is in dire need of an update. Not my fave ride tbh, found the ride similar to being out on a drive with the other half . Can take it or leave it.
angelbaby29871 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 12, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowmonkey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by angelbaby29871 View Post
TT is in dire need of an update. Not my fave ride tbh, found the ride similar to being out on a drive with the other half . Can take it or leave it.

The ride or OH
Old 27 Mar 12, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Kenny_B
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by campbell87 View Post
Really hoping it will open up once we arrive late September.

Yes, the track is staying the same, but the majority of everything else sounds like it will be changing. I hope that means they'll change the starter video too! The Simcar thing sounds really intriguing, if each individual rider is making their own 'ride' it's going to be quite a combination of reality/virtual reality - more so even than those rollercoaster simulators at DQ!
I'm also hoping that its open in September, we arrive mid September so thats about the time its due to open, Fingers Crossed!
Old 27 Mar 12, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm beginning to wonder if they've confirmed its exact closure dates as, if you go onto their website 'park hours' calendar it has nothing on there at all about it closing on 15th April . In fact it says noting on there about closure dates full stop like it does with all the other ride closures so who knows!

We arrive 13th April so hoping it'll be open alittle longer than they originally said because our DS's really like it
Old 27 Mar 12, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

I do feel for those travelling during the closure who will miss out on TT, but do think it would be unfair to only close rides in the quieter times - I know that the queues are lighter, but the ticket price stays the same! I have been at various times on previous trips and usually encounter at least 1 attraction closed for refurb. I hope TT opens in time for us to do it, but if it doesn't I won't let it take anything away from the holiday, and will still enjoy Epcot. It'll just give me a reason to make sure we go back (like I ever need one!)
Old 27 Mar 12, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Hay guys... just found this online...wonder if test track renovation HAS been put on hold?

Not saying it has but found this article which implies it might well be... makes an interesting read either way

epcyclopedia/2012/03/...haul-canceled/
Old 29 Mar 12, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
bigalan1979
Excited about Disney

bigalan1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Hope either the current version or new version are open when we arrive in September
bigalan1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List