Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 May 16, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
MissMinnieMouse
Excited about Disney

DLP with a baby?

What's the youngest age you would take a baby to DLP?

Our friends are debating on coming on our next trip with us, but will have an 8 week old (worst case/overdue scenario!)

Is this just stupid?
MissMinnieMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 16, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We took a 12 week old to Florida. I'd take an 8 week old to France. Easier if you are driving as you can take all the gear.

It's actually easier at DLP as you can head back to the hotel easily so if someone needs to take the baby back it's not hard.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 16, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

For me it would depend on the feeding method, if they can bf then it could be a very easy trip. If you need to sterilise and wash bottles this can be tiresome on holiday with a very young baby as you will need to keep going back to the room to sterilise - the younger they are the more careful you need to be with this. It shouldn't be too much of a faff though. You could use sterilised milk so you wouldn't have issues mixing formula safely. I have travelled with a baby who needed bottles sterilised and it was a pain as very young babies take a bottle very regularly. In terms of the travelling and walking round the parks, it shouldn't matter at all having a young baby, they will be happy in their sling/pram and won't care where they are.
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 05:40 AM  
Link to this Post
MissMinnieMouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

She's bf her first 2 kids so assume the same! Maybe it wouldn't be a ridiculous then? I was thinking from a tiredness angle... No sleep + a day at the park = exhausted... But I guess there's nothing stopping her nipping back to the hotel for a break if needed.

Thank you;
MissMinnieMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

In all honesty if it was me, I would probably wait, my DS is 11 months old now, and in all honesty the first few months were really tiresome, I could not imagine going to DLP all day and then being up much of the night feeding, changing etc. The actual walking around the park with a baby isn't really an issue as they would just sleep, but its the lack of energy you have yourself.

We were originally planning on taking DS at 6 months but postponed that, and we have a really good baby sleeping wise, we are now planning on going this September when he will be 15 months.

It's each to their own really, but for me it would have been more of a chore than a holiday.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I would sterilise a days worth of bottles in the morning. No need to go back during the day.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MissMinnieMouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

MK... I was thinking the same thing. I currently have a baby who isn't sleeping through and I can't imagine tackling the parks right now. Were next going when she is one, so hopefully it will be easier when we are there!
Old 31 May 16, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

If it isn't her first then she knows what she is letting herself in for and it's not like it's a long haul flight etc.

Not quite the same, but when DD1 was 4 months we took her to Cyprus - she was exclusively bf'd so no issue at all. We took DD2 to DLRP at 6 months and it was a little harder as she was just starting to eat food - but we managed with fruit pots and baby rice - it was early days of feeding so worked OK.

I think toddler years are harder imo, but maybe that's just me - found them exhausting! When they want to walk but can't because it's too busy etc, it can become quite challenging and there aren't that many places for them to just run around and let off steam. In addition, by that point they develop a curiosity that often means they wont' go to sleep in their pushchair despite being about to drop! Our 'worst' trip to DLRP was when my DD2 was 15 months and we've taken both kids at various different ages - I was all ready for leaving after day 1.

When they are little and sleep so much and aren't eating foods, it can be much easier. Of course, you don't always realise that until you have hindsight!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread