Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Sep 09, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Carhire3000

any body had experience of this firm ,who do they use for the rental ,looking at a dodge charger or similar ,coming out the cheapest at the moment

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We used them for the first time last month. They were the cheapest we could find too. They had good reviews on here so I booked with them.
We got a car from Dollar although I think they do use another company too. You can call to ask who the rental will be with before you book, thats what we did.

But no problems at all and would use them again if the price was right.

Oh just to add, I used the tip from dibber Welshwiz. I got them to email me a quote and then waited a few days. Then they sent me a £8 off voucher so the price was even cheaper! Doesn't happen all the time though as my MIL didn't get a voucher. But definately worth a shot.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I used them for a Dollar Intermediate SUV as they were the cheapest. I just booked the inclusive package and did not upgrade but be warned my booking confirmation with dollar said I had to pay for a full tank of petrol at the airport and then could bring it back empty (I don't usually do this as it's much cheaper to do it yourself). I tried to get out of it at the desk and said I'd bring it back full but they would not accept this so i had to pay $84 dollars which did not make it the cheapest deal in the long run. At a petrol station later in the week it cost $18 for half a tank so bit of a rip off. Cars were also in a really bad condition and had to swap ours when we started using it and the next one was very bashed and dirty. Still did the job though. We had Budget last year and didn't occur any extra costs when we picked it up under the same package I booked.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

we used them for our trip to boston and new england and it was dollar,they wre ok and pick up easy but the car was a bright yellow coupe and we were there driving around for 2weeks and didnt see another one like ours so it was great in car parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
digdisney
Dibbing with Tink

digdisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
We have just used them aswell, and had no problems at all. We got a Dodge Charger Via Dollar, really nice car Would def use them again

8 Trips and counting
digdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post

As per joanna23's experience, Dollar seem to be enforcing the carhire3000 clause that gas should be paid for on arrival more regularly than in the past.

You might be better going with Alamo with carhire3000 who charge close to pump price for the pre-paid gas.

Otherwise factor in the pre-paid gas cost.

There is no issues with the service etc that they give.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Used them last year with no probs the dodge charger was lovely and the car was from dollar.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
digdisney
Dibbing with Tink

digdisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
I used them for a Dollar Intermediate SUV as they were the cheapest. I just booked the inclusive package and did not upgrade but be warned my booking confirmation with dollar said I had to pay for a full tank of petrol at the airport and then could bring it back empty (I don't usually do this as it's much cheaper to do it yourself). I tried to get out of it at the desk and said I'd bring it back full but they would not accept this so i had to pay $84 dollars which did not make it the cheapest deal in the long run. At a petrol station later in the week it cost $18 for half a tank so bit of a rip off. Cars were also in a really bad condition and had to swap ours when we started using it and the next one was very bashed and dirty. Still did the job though. We had Budget last year and didn't occur any extra costs when we picked it up under the same package I booked.

We didn't have to pay for the fuel at the airport, we just had to bring the car back full. $84 is a bit steep! I would not have been a happy bunny!

8 Trips and counting
digdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by digdisney View Post
We didn't have to pay for the fuel at the airport, we just had to bring the car back full. $84 is a bit steep! I would not have been a happy bunny!
That was our experience too with Dollar via Carhire3000. They offered the tank of fuel but we declined and told them we would take it back full. This wasn't a problem. There is no way DH would have taken their fuel at that price! He would have had us walking to our hotel!

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
tweety-pie
Imagineer

tweety-pie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We booked a Dollar car through Carhire3000. We took the platinum insurance which meant the car had to go back empty. As it happened the car was broken into whilst we were there and they exchanged it for us. The first car went back with half a tank, so we made sure the second car went back with half a tank too, just so they couldn't say we 'd taken both back empty.

Had no prob with Carhire3000 except i emailed them a couple of weeks before we went to ask if they could add our DollarExpress number to the booking. Had no reply so rang them and the chap i spoke to had no idea what dollar express was. I explained it all, and they eventually said they'd done it. However when we got to Miami to pick up the car it obviously hadn't been done, as none of our paperwork was ready and they needed to swipe our credit card, which we haven't had to have done when we've used Dollar Express before, because they have a card on file.

Other than that it was all ok, they were certainly the cheapest when i was looking.