Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jan 12, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
RealCinderella
Excited about Disney

Saratoga Springs Room requests

We're staying in a 2 bed villa in May, can anyone tell me where is a good place to request to stay and also how I go about doing this

We need to be near the pool, a bus stop and somewhere for food and drink oh and ground floor would be good
Old 28 Jan 12, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
We stayed in the Grandstand area that we found pretty central, you need to have it requested on your booking then ask again at check-in and say you are prepared to wait for a room in your requested area. Our ground floor = US 1st floor therefore, ask for 1st floor (my worst nightmare lol)

Caron
Old 28 Jan 12, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sounds like you need to be near hospitality and check-in then. It's a huge resort and food is all in one place
Old 28 Jan 12, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lecras
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 53
I think your best options are either the Springs or the Paddock.

The Springs is closest to the main building and the main feature pool. You'd be near the Artists Palette quick service restaurant as well as the Turf Club table service restaurant.

The Paddock also has a feature pool, and a counter service restaurant, but no table service restaurant.

Like Caron said, the Grandstand is also pretty close to the main area, maybe a five minute walk with small children. One of the main advantages here is that it's the first bus stop, so you'll always get a seat and you'll get off first when you return to your resort.

Hope that helps.

Charlotte

All areas have their own bus stops, so you're never more than a couple of minutes away from one of them.
lecras is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 12, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
RealCinderella
Excited about Disney

Thank you everyone!

Really helps a lot.

So I just need to call up guest services to request this yes?
Old 29 Jan 12, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
lecras
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 53
You can add a location request through whoever you booked your with. Requests are not guaranteed, but they are usually pretty good at meeting them.

Charlotte
lecras is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 12, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
RealCinderella
Excited about Disney

Thank you!

Shall give disney uk a ring then.

:-) Yay EXCITED MUCH!
Old 29 Jan 12, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have asked for the Grandstand area. Do I need to contact the resort nearer the time to confirm this? I would prefer a higher room for the view.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 12, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 27
Hi,

We stayed at SSR for the first time last July/August. It's a big and beautiful resort and I was so grateful for the advice here on the Dibb before our stay.

We stayed in the springs in a 2 bedroom Villa. It was ideal for us as we needed to be near the amenities. In the Springs we actually did feel as if we were central. The Paddocks pool and High Rock pool a short stroll in either direction. The quieter pools of Congress Park and Grandstand a little further, but a welcome retreat in busy July/August.

Having read a lot of mixed reviews about SSR, I valued the sound advice from experience here on the Dibb. Whilst the Springs was our preference, we would have been happy with any location, especially as all appear to have lovely water, courtyard, golf course or DTD views, (no car park views).

If I had to quote a negative, and reluctantly so, it would be the dining options were rather restricted. However, DTD is on the doorstep with all the dining choices you could ask for, you have very well equipped kitchen in your villa, and there's an entire world of dining options in the parks and other resorts to try.

wishing you a wonderful holiday at SSR,
Jules.

Edited at 02:43 PM.
Our Grumpy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 12, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I have asked for the Grandstand area. Do I need to contact the resort nearer the time to confirm this? I would prefer a higher room for the view.
You would just be reiterating your original request - and requests are never guaranteed anyway although they do their best to try.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread