Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Apr 15, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lapland 2015

Any one been to lapland for christmas or around christmas and if so who did you book with, I have seen Thomsons and Thomas Cook but I'm not keen on using them as a travel agent.

TIA
Old 20 Apr 15, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sameeel
VIP Dibber

Hiya

We went Xmas just gone... We booked through Thomsons (yes I had doubts) but it was amazing

We departed 28th dec and returned 2nd Janurary and went to Levi...
The activities included were more than enough though we did add on ice hotel (amazing ) the reps were awesome and added on a few extras, maybe as their last week of that particular season, or just because they were an awesome bunch.

Speaking to friends who have been with transun they wish they'd done our trip as we wasn't in middle of nowhere and we had plenty to do.

We could easily have stayed much longer, oh Santa was magical!

Any questions, ask away
Old 20 Apr 15, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
We also went to Levi for a week all parts of the trip were booked DIY but to be on the safe side I booked a log cabin resort that is featured in brochures.

The drive from Kittila airport to Levi was flat and straight forward and again to make things easier we just followed the tour operator bus to the resort.

We booked a variety of trips in the tourist information centre in the resort.

Everybody was really friendly and helpful and we have some magical memories from that trip.

Saved £££'s arranging it DIY but I've seen reasonable packages with Inghams.

More info about our trip HERE
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 15, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by welshwiz View Post
We also went to Levi for a week all parts of the trip were booked DIY but to be on the safe side I booked a log cabin resort that is featured in brochures.

The drive from Kittila airport to Levi was flat and straight forward and again to make things easier we just followed the tour operator bus to the resort.

We booked a variety of trips in the tourist information centre in the resort.

Everybody was really friendly and helpful and we have some magical memories from that trip.

Saved £££'s arranging it DIY but I've seen reasonable packages with Inghams.

More info about our trip HERE

Thanks will start investigating myself now, I thought the packages seemed overpriced, prefer DIY anyway, but there is little or no information on what to do and see
Old 20 Apr 15, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Im having difficulty finding flights, most change at Helsinki and are 10hrs + any ideas on other airports etc?

I would like to travel from London but Manchester is ok too... also not sure which area to stay in.
Old 21 Apr 15, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Originally Posted by bLaZeR666_uk View Post
Im having difficulty finding flights, most change at Helsinki and are 10hrs + any ideas on other airports etc?

I would like to travel from London but Manchester is ok too... also not sure which area to stay in.
You won't find direct flights so far in advance as they are all chartered by tour operators and linked to packages at this stage so only released for flight only sales last minute. Inghams tend to have reasonably priced packages and often great last minute deals. A summary of resorts inghams/ski-holida...laplandfinland

Scheduled flights with a stopover in Helsinki with BA and maybe indirect options with Norwegian are your only options if you want to plan ahead or maybe a cheap Ryanair flight to Tampere and the snow train. Quite fancied that idea at the time too, not sure it would have lived up to my expectations of Polar Express though.

We chose Levi for the best of both worlds close enough to Santa attractions but also a ski resort with lots of facilities.
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by welshwiz View Post
You won't find direct flights so far in advance as they are all chartered by tour operators and linked to packages at this stage so only released for flight only sales last minute. Inghams tend to have reasonably priced packages and often great last minute deals. A summary of resorts inghams/ski-holida...laplandfinland

Scheduled flights with a stopover in Helsinki with BA and maybe indirect options with Norwegian are your only options if you want to plan ahead or maybe a cheap Ryanair flight to Tampere and the snow train. Quite fancied that idea at the time too, not sure it would have lived up to my expectations of Polar Express though.

We chose Levi for the best of both worlds close enough to Santa attractions but also a ski resort with lots of facilities.
Thanks - Some really useful information to sink my teeth into...
Old 21 Apr 15, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread