Notices

Old 14 Apr 14, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousehunter
Excited about Disney

Lanjaron April 2014

This is a practice run to try out reporting before we go to Florida in August.

Day 1, we arrived last night, quick stop at Cabria beach for a drink and raciones. It was dark, so the photos weren't great, but we were right next to the sea, it was a bright moon lit night, and the moon shining on the waves was beautiful.
So a lovely start to our stay.

Day 1: continued

Day 2: Motril.
Churros and hot chocolate... What can I say. It's got to be as near as you can get to combining Yorkshire puddings and chocolate. Lovely. My favourite foods!

Day 2: continued. Motril beach.
Great time. Not too hot, as the clouds kept drifting over and there was a nice cool breeze.
We set up 'camp' and played beach tennis, told stories, made each other laugh, prospected for precious pebbles, built empires in the sand (shows the ambition of DS, not sticking with just a castle) and even played pile-ons.
And lay around listening to the waves crashing along the long stretch of Coast line, doing their best impersonation of the 'sound of the sea' you only usually hear in a spa treatment room.

Lying on the beach...

Last beach view. Looking back towards Lanjaron, somewhere in the distance, you can see the snow on the mountains above where we're staying.

Day 2: evening ice-cream back in Laanjaron. Lovely...

Day 2 (got a bit muddled and put day 2 on my test blog, but I'll get it right for Florida)
Travelled across the other side of the Lecrin Valley and walked up to a hermitage, which is sat right on the top of a peak.
It took nearly two hours to walk up the zigzag path, but it was worth the views, and a chance to see the hermitage.

I meant day 3! The walk up was on day 3... I'll have perfected this by August.

This is a photo from the hermitage again. My DS and me just relaxing. He actually was so relaxed he fell asleep.

I'm back home now, but wanted to finish this holiday blog... Good practice for summer in Florida.

This is us having an evening meal in Bistro 31 in Lanjaron. Lovely food, and friendly people.

My DS starting his climb. We had a great morning organised by Lena and Fran who run adventure activities and holidays around Lanjaron and region. (I can send their contact details and website if anyone is interested. They also do kayaking, bridge jumping etc.)

This is me at the top of my climb, with my DS as my safety man. Great feeling, and first and, maybe last, time.

This photo is just to show where we walking upon to the hermitage.
The photo was taken from the Lanjaron side of the valley and the hermitage is the white speck at the left of the peak on the left side of the photo.

Easter egg decorating competition! Yep, we had a wild time! ((Actually great laugh)

And the final entries...

I took this on our last day as we set off for Malaga airport.

The highest point on the left has a tiny white speck at the top. This is the hermitage we walked up to.

I've been sent some more photos of our climbing morning. It was one of the highlights of the trip...

This is my daredevil nephew (9) jumping off the 'bridge'. It's a bit like bungee jumping but is more of a swing at the bottom of the fall.
I chickened out... 😳maybe next time

A couple of days after we came home the clouds drifted down the mountain and sat just above the town.
This photo is from my sister's roof terrace.

Experimenting with panaramic photos (not sure of the spelling?)

Mousehunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 14, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DangerMouse74
slightly serious Dibber

DangerMouse74's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Lovely - I know Motril very well and have visited Lanjaron before (I seem to remember a scary road to drive up the mountain). Great Tapas and a look at real Spain.
Old 15 Apr 14, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousehunter
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DangerMouse74 View Post
Lovely - I know Motril very well and have visited Lanjaron before (I seem to remember a scary road to drive up the mountain). Great Tapas and a look at real Spain.
You're right about the scary road, and yes, lanjaron is great, just normal real Spain.
Mousehunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 14, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

I don't know where you are staying in Lanjaron, but we love the restaurant at the Alcadima hotel. The terrace is lovely and they always have some interesting options on the menu of the day.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 14, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousehunter
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Echo18 View Post
I don't know where you are staying in Lanjaron, but we love the restaurant at the Alcadima hotel. The terrace is lovely and they always have some interesting options on the menu of the day.
We stay at the other end of town, but have had a couple of meals at the Alcadima, and it was lovely, especially with the view of the castle.
Old 16 Apr 14, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds like you were in the village where we have a house in the Lecrin Valley (Pinos del Valle). I am now very jealous! We were supposed to be there now but our flights times got altered and we weren't able to get back on the day we needed to, so we had to cancel. We'll be there for May half term though and I can't wait.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 14, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousehunter
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Echo18 View Post
Sounds like you were in the village where we have a house in the Lecrin Valley (Pinos del Valle). I am now very jealous! We were supposed to be there now but our flights times got altered and we weren't able to get back on the day we needed to, so we had to cancel. We'll be there for May half term though and I can't wait.
Yes, that's where we parked and then walked up through the trees. It was spectacular. My sister lives across the valley from you.

I'd often looked up at the hermitage and fancied going up, and this was my first opportunity. It was well worth it. I think though, that even with the shade of the trees, that if the weather was hotter it would have been a difficult walk up.
Old 30 Apr 14, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Mousehunter - 30 Apr 14 11:35 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 14, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Your photos look amazing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List