Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Aug 11, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmymc
Apprentice Imagineer

Exclamation unpaid toll?

We went to Texas in May, flying into Houston - 2 nights - then onto San Antonio and Austin. We were very wary of the unmanned toll roads round Houston and thought we had avoided them! However we have just had a toll violation letter from Dollar saying that they had received a toll charge that had occurred during our rental.

I have had a look on a map and I cannot say for definate that we were not on the road, but we did pay a toll 10 minutes after on another road not too far away and I kept the receipt! I am thinking of emailing them with a copy of the receipt and see what they say!

I find it a bit odd though that the letter is on Dollar rent a car paper (although it is a black and white logo) and they are asking to send the money to Dollar rentacar Lockbox 2190 Tulsa by filling out card details on the bottom of the letter! I thought that if we had received a toll charge violation, Dollar would have automatically took it off the credit card that we used as guarantee?

Anyone any ideas how we should proceed?

Maureen
jimmymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 11, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Contact Dollar - and get confirmation. Usually, it is taken from the credit card details you left as you say.
Contact details:
dollar/Help/main.aspx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 11, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Sounds a bit iffy to me. Contact Dollar and ask them for proof of the violation, as they will be able to give you photographic evidence of the violation.

As you say, normal practice is that Dollar simply debit your card with the relevant charge and then tell you they have done it.

I found something similar here if you want to have a look.

The correct contact details for Dollar are

Dollar Rent A Car, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service 2W2
P.O. Box 33167
Tulsa, OK 74153-1167
Toll-free Support Service: 1-800-800-5252
Fax: 1-918-669-2060

Although the address is similar, it is not quite the same and looks like a phishing scam to me.
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 11, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmymc
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for your replies!

Not too sure if genuine or not, but the rental agreement number is correct! I have emailed to get a copy of my rental agreement before I do anything. They are asking if I have any questions to ring a number or email vehicle.vioaltion@dtag.com. I would have thought as the letter is from Dollar it would be an email address for dollar.

I know it is only $1.50 and $25 charge, but I do not think that we went through any tolls without paying!

I will wait until the email me the copy rental agreement, I do have my original copy which is the correct number but it is not clear the registration of the car no.

Thanks for your help.

Maureen
jimmymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 11, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmymc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
Sounds a bit iffy to me. Contact Dollar and ask them for proof of the violation, as they will be able to give you photographic evidence of the violation.

As you say, normal practice is that Dollar simply debit your card with the relevant charge and then tell you they have done it.

I found something similar here if you want to have a look.

The correct contact details for Dollar are

Dollar Rent A Car, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service 2W2
P.O. Box 33167
Tulsa, OK 74153-1167
Toll-free Support Service: 1-800-800-5252
Fax: 1-918-669-2060

Although the address is similar, it is not quite the same and looks like a phishing scam to me.
OMG

Have just looked at your link and it is EXACTLY the same address and Lockbox number and telephone number! as the guy making the complaint on that site!

I am just going to wait to get a copy of my agreement and also I will ask Dollar for photographic evidence!

Thanks very much Robert!
Old 11 Aug 11, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

This why i stopped renting from Dollar, seems they are at it again
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 11, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
monkey12
Excited about Disney

This happened to me 2 years ago. Dollar wrote to me - I then emailed them and got the charges down to $15 and it was fine. Same address and email that you have listed. They were really helpful actually.
monkey12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 11, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by rpbert1 View Post
This why i stopped renting from Dollar, seems they are at it again
I'm not convinced this is Dollar, it looks like a scam to me. The addresses don't quite match up and Dollar would just deduct any sums they think are due from your credit card.
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 11, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread