Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 7 Apr 12, 02:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Our experiance eating ou in Orlando

Chilli's, International Drive - we weren't too hungry after our flight so I had Fajita's and my partner had a burger, both meals were tasty and not too big. Chilli's was a great introduction to American dining and the service you receive, the atmosphere was friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. Soft drinks were all free refills (wished I'd looked better at the menu as they had Dr Pepper on tap ). Our waiter was fast and efficient, even though it was at peak time, he made sure everything was okay and kept the refills coming.

Bubba Gump, Universal City Walk - after great reviews from friends I was excited to try some shrimp, we weren't disappointed, arriving late afternoon we were welcomed and seated straight away. Our waiter explained how it works at BG, because we were hungry we decided to share a starter, then have a main, this was a mistake as the main was enough, this was not BG's fault but ours. The food was delicious and the cocktail yummy. BG do sell glasses with drinks but we weren't pressured into choosing that option, which was refreshing.

Planet Hollywood, Down Town Disney - I've been to a Planet Hollywood before, in Paris and London, the Orlando one is no different, there are no personal touches here, you sit down in a crowded restaurant, order taken, food served, bill given, that's it, we felt no personal connection with our waitress. We only ordered mains, the food itself was tasty but we didn't stay long enough to try anything else.

Texas de Brazil, International Drive
- Our most expensive meal on the trip, but it was delicious and unique, it's a type of all you can eat buffet, with the meat being sliced from sword skewers right at your table. The varity was huge, with seemingly endless salad bar and different types of meat. The waiters were welcoming and made sure you were always taken care of.

Liberty Tree Tavern, Magic Kingdom WDW - We had to reserve a table online, which we did about 2 months before our holiday, our booking was confirmed and we were seated quickly even though it was busy. We had one waitress for our section who always made sure our drinks were refilled and we were enjoying our food. It is a set 3 course served family style, where if your still a lil bit hungry you can ask for seconds with no extra charge. The food was tasty and very filling, no seconds for us XD

Bahama Breeze, International Drive
- This was our favourite of the holiday, even though it was very crowded you were made to feel welcomed by all staff and the atmosphere was great. They have a great cocktail selection, with my partner falling for the Ultimate Pina Colada, once seated the waitress asked if we wanted more drinks and took our food order straight away (we chose whilst we were waiting for a table), the food was slightly delayed due to how busy it was but we didn't mind and when it came it was hot and tasty.

The Garden Grill, Land in Epcot
- Another 3 course family style restaurant, this time with the added touch of character meet, our waiter was friendly, even taking our pic with Mickey. The food was delicious, so much so we asked for seconds on the main and again free refills with soft drinks.

Olive Garden, International Drive - Another busy restaurant, again we didn't mind the wait and by the time we started taking a sip of our drinks we were seated. Our mains were served with a side of salad and warm bread rolls, I had a Chicken Vino Bianco whilst my partner had the Tour of Italy, the food was again tasty, it was filling but left enough room for us to enjoy dessert too.

Teppan Edo, Japan World Showcase, Epcot - This was a fun night out watching a trained chef creat a volcano out of an onion whilst watching him cook our food on the Teppanyaki grill. You order your ful meal upfront (including desert) and after serving drinks the waitress left us with the chef, but could be called on if drink refills were needed. It was also nice to see the manager come over to our table to re-assure a mother that they have taken precautions to make sure there was no peanut in her sons food so as to not cause an allergic reaction.

Popeye's Chinken, International Drive - The only reason why we bought a take out bucket was because I was curious about what a biscuit was, turns out it's a savoury scone. The staff were friendly, the order taken and served quickly. The chicken was tasty (same as KFC), we had mash potato in a cajun gravy, which was creamy and the gravy added a nice little spice, the biscuits, well they are just savoury scones that were a little dry when eaten on there own.

The Cheese Cake Factory, Mall at Millenium
- HUGE portions! we ordered from the lunch time menu, myself having a Cobb salad (not recommended if you don't like blue cheese) whilst my partner had a lunchtime pizza and side salad, both of us could of just had the pizza and side salad it was that big, we were given a serving of warm bread to start. The food was nice but the portion was just too much, we also shared a slice of cheese cake, also larged portioned. It would of been great if they do a dessert platter of about 3 cheese cakes but sadly no, so we ended up picking 4 slices of different cheese cake to take back to the hotel with us. The cheese cake is delicious and I would say yes to anyone who wants to try some.

Ming Court, International Drive - I picked this as I had read good reviews online, but when we went it was very disappointing, there was just us 2 and a table of 4, that was it and that was at peak time O_o, we enjoyed the share cocktail but the food menu was confusing and when our order came out it was as if we went to an all you can eat (without the all you can eat) and put 3 different types of chicken on 1 plate, this was also the only restaurant who told you what tip they wanted, at which point we declined and told them we would only pay 10% tip not 20%. In the end we wished we had just walked out and gone back to Bahama Breeze which was just over the road.

Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom, WDW - Even though it is recommended that you reserve a table before hand we were able to get seated straight away without a booking. The CP is an all you can eat buffet, it was very busy, but there was plenty to pick from and the food always topped up, again we had free refills included in the price and also character meets with Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger and my fave Piglet.

Rainforest Cafe, Down Town Disney - My partner and I agree that we had one of the best burgers that we have ever tasted, we went at lunch time as our flight was due to leave that evening. The staff were friendly and prompt, offering us a selection of drinks before taking our order. Then suggesting we try a volcano as a dessert. As we had already tried a volcano at the RC in Animal Kingdom we declined, only because we were full and had a flight to catch

Edited at 09:47 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 12, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Thanks for that. Nice to see our favourite( Bahama Breeze) getting a good report I'm very tempted to try Texas de Brazil just for the salad bar ( I don't eat meat) but even though DH would make up for that I think it would work out too expensive, and the boys aren't keen on meat or salad
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 12, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ali-s View Post
Thanks for that. Nice to see our favourite( Bahama Breeze) getting a good report I'm very tempted to try Texas de Brazil just for the salad bar ( I don't eat meat) but even though DH would make up for that I think it would work out too expensive, and the boys aren't keen on meat or salad
Originally Posted by nickymouse66 View Post
Can I ask what sort of cost was involved at Texas De Brazil please? Just been on their website & it looks yummy!
The TdB was expensive, for the 2 of us it came to around $130, $49 for the meal, $10 for 2 cocktails, then tip.

It maybe cheaper to try Churrascaria in the Latin Quarter of Universal City Walk, it's the same restaurant, different name and it looked to be $10 cheaper then TdB, however we did not eat there so can't guarantee it.

There is also an option of asking to just have a lighter meal, which is just the salad bar, however with picky boys it may be best to contact them beforehand, just in case
Old 7 Apr 12, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
harwood1667
Serious Dibber

harwood1667's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thanks for the info really useful as we are going soon
Old 7 Apr 12, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
The TdB was expensive, for the 2 of us it came to around $130, $49 for the meal, $10 for 2 cocktails, then tip.

It maybe cheaper to try Churrascaria in the Latin Quarter of Universal City Walk, it's the same restaurant, different name and it looked to be $10 cheaper then TdB, however we did not eat there so can't guarantee it.

There is also an option of asking to just have a lighter meal, which is just the salad bar, however with picky boys it may be best to contact them beforehand, just in case

Great, off to Google to see if I can find a menu
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 12, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Great recollection and useful info. Thanks for sharing
Old 7 Apr 12, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing that - I love these kind of threads, helps with my planning

EDIT: Can I ask what sort of cost was involved at Texas De Brazil please? Just been on their website & it looks yummy!

Edited at 09:38 AM.
nickymouse66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 12, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Nice review, thanks for posting

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 12, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Nirvana
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thanks for sharing this info really useful... cant wait to try Bahama Breeze and never really fancied Ming Court
6th/7th/8th: Glenbrook Villas 2010, 2012, 2016
9th: LA & Yosemite & SF & Orlando August 2019
Nirvana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 12, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks for this info - very informative and helpful.
A couple of my favourites there Texas de Brazil , The Cheesecake Factory and Bahama Breeze.
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List