Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jun 16, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

What character meals?

We are on DP next year and do not want to use up all our table service credits on character meals because there are just too many great places to eat. So we have decided on 4. If you could only pick 4 character meals, which ones would they be and why? The only one I have ever experienced was CM's breakfast, which I loved and MBYBBQ, which I did not like. It was a bit too crowded and manic. (Though it was 4th July holiday 2008).

Edited at 12:11 AM.
Mental Minnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It does depend on which characters you want to meet. If you want princesses there's either CRT (2 credits) or Akershus. For young tots there's the Disney junior characters at Hollywood & Vine. My choices would be Crystal Palace (breakfast), Tusker House (breakfast), Garden Grill (dinner) and Akershus probably.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Thank you. Sorry I should have said. It's DH and 2 x DS (13 &18). I'm allowed one girly one lol
Mental Minnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
Thank you. Sorry I should have said. It's DH and 2 x DS (13 &18). I'm allowed one girly one lol
I have to say, with 2 teenage boys I wouldn't have thought you'd want to do any! They might like the princess ones though .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The older one has ASD and other medical issues and the 13 year old is the only asking to do them. He just loves the whole disney thing like his mum and dad.
Old 30 Jun 16, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
The older one has ASD and other medical issues and the 13 year old is the only asking to do them. He just loves the whole disney thing like his mum and dad.
Well those are the 4 I would recommend for a nice spread of characters. The good thing about Garden Grill is the food comes to you. Similar at Akershus which is part buffet and part brought to the table.

Trip Report Index
Old 30 Jun 16, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
stitch1986
Helping Minnie

We had a great experience at breakfast at 1900 park fair. Food was great and the eggs benidict YUM!
Old 30 Jun 16, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, another mum of 2 boys here! My top picks for character meals would be:

Tusker House at Animal Kingdom, great relaxed atmosphere with great choice of food and fabulous character interaction
Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast at The Poly, great character interaction and the food is served family style so brought to your table instead of buffet.
Crystal Palace breakfast, priceless being able to get into MK early before the crowds and those empty Main Street photos

We have some different ones on our itinerary for next year as there is just such a vast choice its impossible to do them all in one visit.
Old 30 Jun 16, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
BufordT
Very Serious Dibber

For us It has to be

Crystal Palace (Breakfast) - Getting into MK before the hoards, loads of Castle photos. Great interaction, really laid back vibe, Lovely french toast!.

Chef Mickeys - Loud, brash..Its basically expensive Ponderosa with Mickey! and there's a Monorail going past you, amazing location.

Garden Grill - Chip & Dale are tons of fun, the food served family style is a little bit more well balanced and you get to see living with the land.

Cape May Cafe - For me I think this was my fave character meal of the trip. Really cool hotel to have a mooch around and stand on the beach. The breakfast here was again nice and relaxed, I find the character meals away from the parks are a little more reserved and you get a bit more attention from Mickey & Friends. Donald is excellent here, and all the crew are in beach wear.
BufordT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

I would go for Cape May, either breakfast or dinner, Crystal Palace breakfast, Be Our Guest dinner and either Tusker House or 1900 Park Fare breakfast
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread