Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Aug 15, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Talking Halloween costumes in September

Hi! We are off to Orlando on 13th September and we are doing MNSSHP on 15ty, the first night Disney are doing it.

I had,planned to get costumes over there at Walmart or something, but now I'm wondering if they will be selling them at this time of year? Do you think I should take something with us in case?

D xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 15, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You will have no problem picking up costumes in Walmart and there are loads of fancy dress shops as well
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 15, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Gryff!
Old 29 Aug 15, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

You won't have any problem finding costumes in stores but it will take you time to find the perfect one

The real question is do you want to spend a lot of time in stores here or in florida ?
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 15, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We wasted about 4 hours last year trying to sort a costume for DS, our fault really as we booked MNSSHP last minute as we were going to pass on it.

Walmart & target sell quite a range of Halloween costumes but if we did it again I'd most definitely take one from home - to be fair they are no different to home anyway.
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 15, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post

I have no problem shopping, my husband may grumble though!

Ous son is pretty sure on what he wants to be so that may make it easier and I just want something easy!
Old 30 Aug 15, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Debedoo just a quick tip as I noticed that you said DS knows what he wants... this is fine as long as it's not scary! They won't let him in & I do mean won't! 8yr old very upset scary zombie! Not even allowed passed the turnstiles, I had to go in & buy him some trousers & change him outside!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 15, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh my gosh, really? He wants to be a vampire, so basically just a cape and maybe some fangs, domyiunthink that will be fine?
Old 30 Aug 15, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney Halloween is more about fancy dress than Walking Dead. Americans don't always translate horror for trick or treating time. If you went dressed as Mickey or Tigger it would be more in keeping. A miniature vampire is fine as long as he isn't dripping in blood! You see many images of a vampire Mickey on pins, T shirts, mugs etc. in the park shops.

Edited at 12:23 PM.
Old 30 Aug 15, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You should be fine as long as there isn't a lot of blood & gore but they are very strict on it. As Geoff has said it's more about dressing up than Horror & you won't see a lot of horror inspired costumes. We have "made" ours, well not a lot of making more of a putting together! This will be our first time dressing up, big kids at heart!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread