Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Apr 11, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post

buggy / pushchair for 7 year old?

Hi

Would it be ridiculous to buy a pushchair / buggy for my 7 year old?
I was thinking he would manage fine in the parks but by the evenings we pan to shop and i think he will not walk anywhere.

Is it ok and are their pushchairs or buggies that would fit a 7 year old? He wont mind going in it but what do you guys think?

Am i mad?

Thanks x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 11, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
oO-Gemma-Oo
Being a bit Goofy

I have a 6 year old who hates walking but we've decided not to get a stroller for him but see how he goes and if need be get the cheapest Walmart special we can find for him and leave it behind afterwards! I very much doubt my daughter will want to share her stroller with him lol!
oO-Gemma-Oo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 11, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Im sorry to say but yes I think that is a bit silly, he is far too old, even for Florida.
We went at christmas with our dd who is 7 and she was fine, you just need to make sure you pace yourself and dont do too much and Im sure he will be fine!
It each each to their own but I certainly wouldnt want to be pushing a 7 year old round in a pram!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 11, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We had one when Soph was 6, it was a god send.

This question always has a mixed response with some people getting quite shirty about it. You know your son and if you think he might need one, then get one! A happy child is much better .

I didn't even think about it when she was 6, I even said that I would have got her one when she was 8 if she needed it (she didn't need it though). I saw so many tired and tearful children being told to get a move on by their parents, they are only little and yet they are expected to walk miles, in heat that they are not used to!

You do what makes your son happy. Happy son = happy parents

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 11, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post

I would see how you went when you get out there.

If he is flagging then I would seriously consider it.
Old 5 Apr 11, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My son was 7 last time we went and we took a £30 buggy with us. It wasn't used to push him around in all the time but it did come in useful for fireworks, fantasmic and just for him to sit in when we waited for the parades. We did go in August and it was very hot at times and he did get exhausted. I can see no problem with you taking a pushchair if that is what you feel he will need.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 11, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the replies - i think he is just going to be so tired. even if he gets to take half hour of his feet for a bit to recharge a bit. He has never been abroad or done consecutive days at theme parks or having that much fun in one week! you can not really compare a busy caravan holiday with disney! It's not like i will be making him use it but he will get the option to use it or call it an evening and go back to the hotel. Least he will be making the decision.
Old 5 Apr 11, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

We didn't even consider it when we took our 5 yr old, he walked around all parks absolutely fine and just made sure we had enough stops throughout the day. It's personal choice, but unless there was a medical reason I can't see why any child over 4 or 5 would need a buggy.
Old 5 Apr 11, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

I think he is far too old at 7 to be in a pushchair. I can see why a 4 or 5 year old might have them. 6 would be pushing it but 7 seems ridiculous to me. If my children were tired at the end of the day then we'd chill rather than hit the shops.
Guess we're all different.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 11, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lydiakate
Imagineer

Lydiakate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We used one for DD when she was 7. It was so hot she just flaked so it was easier to push her around so she was happy which meant we were too. We were able to stay out later and enjoy more. You must do what you feel is best for your child, regardless of age. All children are different.