Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Nov 15, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
poggs
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
We love the Doubletree Suites Times Square, fab location. Either 2 double beds or one ginormous king in the bedroom, then a double sofa bed in the living room. Decent sized bathroom, kitchenette(sink, microwave, fridge, coffee maker). Loads of room for family of four, fab location right on Times Square and next to a subway station. Highly recommend!
Sounds great. checked for 28th to 30th july for the two nights

$1,156.21

Do you think its that good?
poggs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 15, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ilovedisney25
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for all the info!

Although where would I find hotel rooms with no deposit? So far all the ones I've seen are full payment at time of booking. As that would be great to book something and still be able to look for good offers!
ilovedisney25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 15, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ilovedisney25 View Post
Thanks for all the info!

Although where would I find hotel rooms with no deposit? So far all the ones I've seen are full payment at time of booking. As that would be great to book something and still be able to look for good offers!
I book most of my hotels through hotels.com via quidco for cashback. Although you have to pay in full, most are able to be cancelled without a fee, just check their policy. Also, sign up for their rewards program, 1 free night for every 10 nights you've purchased.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 15, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by poggs View Post

$1,156.21

Good grief no. I can't remember exactly what we paid but I think it was something like £150/night (perhaps a bit less). I think we booked three months before our stay which was at Easter time (few years ago).
Old 23 Nov 15, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We've booked the Distrikt hotel for next year. Can't comment on it too much as haven't been yet! It's just off Times Square (5 mins walk) and was reasonably priced. Booked with £1 deposit on Travel Republic.
Old 23 Nov 15, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by poggs View Post

$1,156.21

Oh my goodness! We have paid a very reasonable amount in the past, $200ish per night. We were there 29-31st Dec last year and paid £500 for 2 nights, but that was loads more than we paid in the past due to the time of year. Try other sites.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 15, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

2 years ago we stayed at the New Yorker. The room was small but we expected that! It was a great location and I would go back but the price can sometimes be a bit high!
Old 23 Nov 15, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ilovedisney25
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks, I might have a look travel Republic for the £1 deposit. Not keen on booking and paying in full even if we can get a refund as had trouble getting money back in the past. Don't mind no or low deposit then I can look around as at the moment I can't find much below $400 a night! It's the end of September so I'm hoping the price will come down
ilovedisney25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 15, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
we stayed in a holiday inn express west39th st , free breakfast was very good if a bit manic , we had a king room which was fab for 2 but the double rooms are the same size just with 2 queen beds , very cramped for a family . I would think a suite style hotel is the way to go for a bit more space. New York hotels are expensive in comparison to Orlando so unfortunately I don't think you will find good value
The subway is quick and easy to help get around , its too far to walk to everything you will want to see

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 15, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ilovedisney25
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks, I understand new york is more expensive than orlando hotel wise, which is fine but I've seen on here people paying between £100-£200 a night, which I'm Ok with. I'm just not keen on paying £300 a night upwards for somewhere that's just Ok, different if it's lovely. As that's £1200 for 4 nights and I've seen deals including flights for less than that! Which I'm quite tempted to do as our other option after the cruise would be to fly down to orlando and use some dvd points for a few nights and come back to new York on a deal in December.

Edited at 08:14 PM.
Closed Thread