Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Dec 14, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just booked April 16 :) Questions ...

We're just booked 3 nights on Disney Dream to the Bahamas in April 16- our first Disney cruise!

Exciting!

Has anyone been in April? Is the weather nice?

We've booked a Deluxe Family Oceanroom Stateroom with oversized verandah- too many rooms to choose from so hopefully we've chosen the right one.

We'll be 2 adults and 4 & 10 year old boys.
Many Happy Returns INDEX - May/June 2023

Edited at 12:48 PM.
Disneyloverz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 14, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

I booked our first ever cruise for April 2016 too! We're doing the 4 night Bahamas cruise on the Dream, if I remember right we go on 6th April.

I'm so excited already lol, I've booked it as a surprise for my daughter's 16th birthday and it's just the two of us going for some girly time together.

So I can't answer any of your questions sorry, but just wanted to say welcome to the club!

Too many holidays to list! 5 times in Orlando, also done plenty of Caribbean trips & newly converted to cruises (next ones planned for March 2019 & August 2019)
dizzyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 14, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
There is no right or wrong with staterooms ... You'd be better off telling us your room number though because we can give you more advice then.
Welcome to Disney cruising!
Old 20 Dec 14, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Originally Posted by dizzyc View Post
I booked our first ever cruise for April 2016 too! We're doing the 4 night Bahamas cruise on the Dream, if I remember right we go on 6th April.

I'm so excited already lol, I've booked it as a surprise for my daughter's 16th birthday and it's just the two of us going for some girly time together.

So I can't answer any of your questions sorry, but just wanted to say welcome to the club!
That's lovely, what a wonderful surprise that will be

Our cruise is booked for 15th April x
Disneyloverz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 14, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
There is no right or wrong with staterooms ... You'd be better off telling us your room number though because we can give you more advice then.
Welcome to Disney cruising!
Our room is 5046, any advice would be great
Old 21 Dec 14, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Perfect location for the children's club!
You may hear a bit of noise being so close to the stairs/elevators, but we've been near stairs before and it hasn't been a big issue.

Enjoy!
Old 21 Dec 14, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Thanks for the replies,

Can I ask...

Is there any dining with characters, if so is there an additional charge for this?

Are you allocated the same dinner restaurant each evening or does it change?

Thanks
Old 23 Dec 14, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi there.. On your cruise, there will be no dining with characters, that only takes place on the longer cruises.

You will have rotational dining in the 3 main dining rooms, often referred to by regulars as MDRs.
Once you get to the terminal and get your KTTW card, it will have your rotation printed on it. It will be something like AER .. Which would be: 1st night Animators Palate, 2nd night Enhanted Garden, 3rd night Royal Palace.

Your servers will rotate with you so by the end of the cruise, you will hopefully know them very well. The only issue some people find on shorter cruises is that their serving team don't get a chance to get to know them. Your serving team can make or break your cruise IMO, so make friends with them and be very clear if you'd like the children's meals to come out first, or if you have allergies etc.

Hope that helps
Old 23 Dec 14, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Hi there.. On your cruise, there will be no dining with characters, that only takes place on the longer cruises.

You will have rotational dining in the 3 main dining rooms, often referred to by regulars as MDRs.
Once you get to the terminal and get your KTTW card, it will have your rotation printed on it. It will be something like AER .. Which would be: 1st night Animators Palate, 2nd night Enhanted Garden, 3rd night Royal Palace.

Your servers will rotate with you so by the end of the cruise, you will hopefully know them very well. The only issue some people find on shorter cruises is that their serving team don't get a chance to get to know them. Your serving team can make or break your cruise IMO, so make friends with them and be very clear if you'd like the children's meals to come out first, or if you have allergies etc.

Hope that helps
That does help, thanks very much for the information
Old 4 Jan 15, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Hello, we are also going on our 1st cruise in May. we are doing the Bahama 3 night on the dream. all these tips are really useful.
our room is 8508 we are just 2 adults , is this room OK?
with regard to the dining, we looked at the menus in the Royal palace and there seems to be a lot of fish dishes and rich sauces on steaks etc, is there an option for no sauces ?
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread