Old 21 Dec 14, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeyetta
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mickeyetta's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
California – Take 2 – And…. Action! - Day 8

Day 8 – 26th September 2014 – Foodie Heaven!

As usual I woke before Si, but the living room came in handy. It meant I could get up and have a cuppa tea without disturbing him. It was a lovely morning so I took my cuppa out onto the balcony and did some sea otter spotting ☺

Si eventually got up at about 8am, and we got ready for the day. The one and only thing I really really wanted to do whilst in Monterey was to have breakfast at a place called Lou Lou’s Griddle in the middle. This was another Diners Drive In’s and Dives place…. Any anywhere that does pancakes the size of car wheels is fine by me!

So once we were all showered and ready we set out on the mile and a half walk from the hotel to Lou Lou’s. It was a really scenic walk that started out along cannery row, through Presidio Park, past the wharf area, and then finally we got to Lou lous about 40min later.

We checked in but there was a half hour wait…. But seeing the food we were willing to wait. The host took our mobile phone number and said she’d call when our table was ready. So we wandered off down the pier and spotted this little fella who entertained us for a while.

Half hour later we walked back up the pier and sat on a bench by Lou Lous and waited… Eventually the host saw us (she had a dam good memory) and waved us in ☺

We were seated inside in a booth. Lou Lous is a tiny little place…well its more of a shack ☺ Inside were four booths each seating four, and then a counter with a further 10 seats, making total capacity 26! There was seating outside as well, and it was turning into a scorcher so we were glad to be inside in the shade. And the booths all had cute little salt and pepper pots, just one of the little touches that made this place feel really homeley.

We peruse the menu; I order a hot tea, with Sourdough French toast and a side of sausage. Si gets a coffee with the Seafood Reef Rider Omelet and a side of bacon.

Man was this good! I was only sorry that we weren’t staying in Monterey longer I could have eaten every meal here for a week and probably still wouldn’t be bored with it. I guess that’s why this funky little shack is no1 restaurant for the whole of Monterey on trip advisor!

Stuffed to the gills we pay the bill, and then decide to go for a paddle on the little beach by the wharf. It gives the stoopidly large breakfast we’d both consumed a chance to go down.

Then some fighter planes start to fly over. They are super quick and Si takes this as a challenge to try and get a photo of them. This one takes shot of the holiday ☺

We then start to retrace our steps back to the hotel. We mosey round the wharf area, look round the shops, and say hello to the seals.

Half way back we stop off at a coffee shop at the Monterey Plaza Hotel, it was a really hot day and the iced coffee and iced lemonade we ordered really hit the spot.

Back at Cannery Row we find a small beach with a rock garden that was quite interesting and cool.

Then at about 2pm we were back at the hotel. We decide to cool off in the hotels pool for about 20mins. We find it wasn’t really a pool as such… it was just a single lane wide and about 15m long ☺ but it did the job and was refreshing.

Si then caught a nap and I sat on the balcony with my iPad taking it all in. This fella came by to say hello too.

Then at about 7pm we head out for dinner. We decide that since this is the place for fish we’d try a place called Fish Hopper. We are seated straight away, and go over the menu.

To drink Si tries a local beer…. I stick to my trusty lemonade.

We both have a Clam chowder to start, which could be added to any entrée for $5.95.

Then we both order from the specials menu, so sorry for the descriptions here, my notes are a little sketchy.

My dish was a breaded white fish topped with a shrimp and scallop sauce. This was served with mushroom risotto and some veggies.

Si’s was a lobster dish, but the lobster was removed and been mixed with some other seafood and then placed back in the shell. Again this came with some scallops, risotto and veggies.

It was all really really tasty! So tasty neither of us could manage desert.

We walk it off by having a look round the shops on cannery row, again more magnets for the work lockers are obtained. And then stuffed and tired we hit the hay.
Disneyland Paris Lots
Mickeyetta is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 14, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Lovely day, all the food looks fab! Fantastic shot of the plane! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 14, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Mobile

Great day!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 15, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a lovely relaxing day and oh my what wonderful looking food too

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 15, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Oooh Monterey

We had Lou's on our list but never made it! I feel I missed out!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List