Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Mar 10, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
buffy
Excited about Disney

insurance if taking warfarin

Anyone know of any insurance companies that covers if taking warfarin?
Old 19 Mar 10, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetA
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I have been on Warfarin since 2002 for heart valve replacement and usually have an annual policy,
The last two years we have used Columbus Direct,we did have too do medical screening as both hubby and I have existing medical conditions,
lots of folk travel while on warfarin so I do not think you will have any problems getting cover

cheers

Jan
JanetA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 10, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JanetA View Post
I have been on Warfarin since 2002 for heart valve replacement and usually have an annual policy,
The last two years we have used Columbus Direct,we did have too do medical screening as both hubby and I have existing medical conditions,
lots of folk travel while on warfarin so I do not think you will have any problems getting cover

cheers

Jan
The insurance isn't for the warfarin it's for the existing condition that causes you to have to take warfarin e.g. a heart problem! JanetA has recommended the best - Columbus. It will take you through a series of questions and base the premium / acceptance on the condition and the answers you give (which must be truthful). I'm a warfarin taker too - arythmmia problem and Columbus proved the best.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 10, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Be honest

However costly shop about and please please please ' i dont usually implore as its a bit over dramatic... but... !

Declare everything, be upfront, the one time you dont you can guarantee something will happen... try direct line theyve been helpfull with us in the past.

Dont run the risk or think 'well be okay', its always worth paying the extra.

Cj
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 10, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by eastbournelads View Post
However costly shop about and please please please ' i dont usually implore as its a bit over dramatic... but... !

Declare everything, be upfront, the one time you dont you can guarantee something will happen... try direct line theyve been helpfull with us in the past.

Dont run the risk or think 'well be okay', its always worth paying the extra.

Cj
Totally agree with this. We only ever thought of our trip insurance in terms of claims for a lost or damaged case or a Dr bill for something trivial but DH was rushed unexpectedly to hospital last summer where he spent two nights, had surgery and spent the next week in bed. It wasn't connected to any pre-existing conditions (which we'd already declared) but with a medical bill of over £30,000 it would have been a nightmare if it had been related and we'd not told them as we wouldn't have been covered.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 10, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida_Bear
Imagineer

We have used insure and go a few times and declared up front the medicine I take and MIL's C.O.P.D problems.
They have always insured us and not increased the premium.

Regards... Ted

Florida Bear's 2004 trip report day's one to twenty four
89,94,97,2000,2001,2002,2004,2006,2008,2010, 2011 Vegas & San Fran,2012,2014 LA/Anaheim/San Diego & DLP,2015
Florida_Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 10, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Baggie Bird
Imagineer

I had a dvt last year 3 months before my Vegas/Florida holiday and was on warfarin.

My insurance is with my bank, LLoyds TSB and I had to declare the dvt to them. I was covered for last years trip FOC. However, for this year's holiday I have had to pay an excess of £12.00 to cover me even though I am now off the warfarin.

At least I know that I am covered if I was to get another dvt whilst on holiday.

1999 Villa Davenport Lakes, 2001 Villa Windsor Palms
2003 with friends in LBV 2005/2006, 2007 Villa Southern Dunes, 2008 Villa Greater Groves, 2009 Bally's Vegas Villa - Hampton Lakes, 2010 Blue Heron Beach Resort, 2011 Dibb Townhouse Regal Palms 2015 Heron Villa High Grove
Baggie Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 10, 03:32 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I just used columbus for my insurance for this year - they covered my pre-existing conditions (diabetes and the tag along hypertension and high cholesterol) for £40 for single trip which i thought was very reasonable - one company quoted me over £100 and the rest were around £65+ I also took the slightly more expensive option with a few extra bits of cover just in case.

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 10, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
scots minnie
Apprentice Imagineer

scots minnie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
our dd7 has complex heart disease and warfarin is one of her meds,we just had to pay a small premium on our bank account insurance,like the others have said tell all!
Old 20 Mar 10, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
lotti
Imagineer

try E Travel, we found them very reasonable for passangers with medical history and they covered alot of things some will not.