Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Nov 13, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Sha9 - Still plenty of time to decide where to stay. Hopefully another Dining Plan will be announced. I always get so excited when I book the flight. I know really am definitely going once my flights are confirmed.

We always seem to find a way don't we? We so need a new car, but the car fund keeps creeping over into the Florida fund...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 13, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kanickie
Very Serious Dibber

Fantastic food report! Thanks so much! My fiancée and I are both veggies and it's given us some fantastic ideas of places we'd love to try when we return on our disneymoon! Artists palette, California grill and the Sushi at various locations you've mentioned we'd love to try!
kanickie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 13, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

SU! You're back! Welcome, welcome - brilliant to read your first two reports, and I will wait (im)patiently for the next ones
Old 25 Nov 13, 05:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
yeah still here but no more disney passes I hope you can get back to all 4 cylinders, I know how hard that can be

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 13, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great food report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 13, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Kanickie - Glad you are finding the veggie aspects helpful to you There's some more sushi coming up...

Karen - Well you've been very patient thus far Karen you've stuck with me for more than a year!

Villainover - We keep saying we'll go without WDW passes one day Shelly. But we always break our resolve. We are weak.

summersun - Thanks for reading
Old 25 Nov 13, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Tokyo Dining - Epcot

I’d been really looking forward to returning to Tokyo Dining, but when our ADR rolled around I felt a bit unwell and wasn’t in the least bit hungry. If it was down to me I would have cancelled and come back another day, but (a) Paul was hungry and in the mood for some Japanese food and (b) we were running out of days, so it was now or never!

We arrived just in time to see the opening ceremony. A little welcoming speech was made by the hostess who was then joined by members of staff, the servers, then the sushi chefs and the grill chefs.

As we were one of the first parties to be seated today there was no problem securing a window seat with a nice view across the lake.

I usually study the menu like a manuscript, but today I barely skimmed it. I picked the Grilled Swordfish with steamed rice and vegetables thinking I’d be happy to just pick at something simple and light.

Grilled Swordfish Steak - seasoned with hickory smoked sea salt and served with original ginger sauce

I regretted my choice the moment it arrived. Not that there was anything wrong with the food. The swordfish was nice and fresh and it was cooked well, but I suddenly wanted what Paul was having! Mine was so plain and boring by comparison.

Vegetable Tempura/Sushi Combination

He offered to share with me but I could see he was really enjoying his food and didn’t want to deprive him. I did have a nibble of the delicious Tempura Veggies - I couldn’t resist.

Why I didn’t get my own Tempura I do not know. I’d been looking forward to it for over a year... why on earth did I change my mind at the last minute? I do annoy myself sometimes!

Still at least I had my yummy Sake-Rita to console me. I love this drink! It’s a deliciously alcoholic blend of Sake, Grand Marnier, Orange Curacao and Lime Juice.

I quite fancied trying the green tea pudding for dessert but Paul wanted to get the chocolate ginger cake/ice cream combo we shared last time we ate here. Fine with me, I really enjoyed it too.
The ice cream is the generic soft serve type but the cake is a bit different and unlike some of the desserts we’d been eating, it’s not excessively sweet. The moussey top layer wasn’t quite as chocolatey as I’d like, but the sponge was lovely and light and the fresh ginger added a nice little zing.
Along with a pot of refreshing, grassy green tea it was a nice way to end the meal.

Here’s the menu showing Paul’s dish - it’s probably been tweaked a little bit since and no doubt the price has increased, but it should still be essentially the same.
It doesn’t claim to be a vegetarian menu, just a vegetable menu, so remember to check with the server for any hidden fishy ingredients. Paul’s been caught out with the accompanying dipping sauce before, so he asks for some fish-free Teriyaki sauce instead.

Old 25 Nov 13, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
What a fantastic thread!
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this!
I am now considering the Turf Club! The lamb looks beautiful!
Nice to see some pictures of food in Sanaa too!
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 13, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Oh... Paul's dish looks yumtastic! Yours - a little bit dull (sorry).
Old 25 Nov 13, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue Kangaroo
Very Serious Dibber

Sue! So pleased you're back! We love the Turf Club for its relaxed ambience and great food. Really interested in Tokyo Dining following your review - it sounds just the sort of menu that helps to break up the richer meals you can get all too tempted by at wdw.

Looking forward to more tips.
ASMu - Mar 2003 POFQ & CSR - May/Jun 2005 SSR - Aug/Sep 2008, Nov 2011, Apr 2013 and Aug 2015 POR - Nov 2009 GF Club Level for one night only Aug 2015 AoA - Aug 2016, Aug 2017 AKL - May/Jun 2018 BC and WL Aug 2022
Blue Kangaroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List