Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 29 Mar 12, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Main Street Fraaaançaaaiiiis! - Day 2

Day 2 – Monday 12th March 2012

We were up at 6.15 today after a lovely 15 minute snooze, because it was EXTRA MAGIC HOURS! Well it was for every day of our trip but we figured it was the first morning, we weren’t hungover or tired, lets DO IT! We left for breakfast at about 7.10 and the hotel was deserted haha, hardly anyone around! Which is the way we like it.

We had our VIP passes at the ready but we didn’t need to use them because it was so quiet! Dang. Although I suppose that is a good thing. Both restaurants in the SL serve breakfast and we opted for the one on the left today, Beaver Creek I think? Our left as you come down the stairs. Anyway. We were greeted and shown to a little table and then we got up to hit the buffet. It was the usual suspects but we really love DLP breakfast buffets! I don’t miss the hot stuff at all and didn’t even feel the need to pay extra for it, we joked that we always had EoS on the way if we really needed a hot item but we never got one!

There was bread, rolls, croissants, pan au chocolat, loads of cereals, loads of different meats and although I mainly stuck to ham I did branch out to the salami one morning! Unusual, but nice! 2 types of cheeses (I preferred the gouda!) and REAL butter mmmm, tea, coffee, hot choc and lots of different types of juice, we loved the apple, yum! There was also a section that was not for the faint-hearted and I always said I was going to get them but I never did, guess I’m just not man enough. They were olives, tomatoes and GARLIC PUREE that absolutely STANK and you could tell immediately if someone had them because they were just soooo strong that the fumes emanated from their plate to every other table in approximately a mile radius.

Anyway, we know what we like and pretty much got the same thing every morning save for one CRAZY morning where I also got a bowl of cereal!

I always got 2 bread rolls and 2 packets of REAL butter, a wad of ham and 6 cubes of gouda. I sliced the rolls, spread the butter and made breakfast sammies! Mmmm! However on the 3rd morning Ben introduced me to the wonder of CROISSANT sammies and then my world was changed forever and I left the bread rolls high and dry and had 2 croissants from then on. THEN as a sweet treat I always got a pan au chocolat and cut it in half and filled it with nutella! Hahaha BEAST! And one of the many reasons why I am now on a very strict diet. Which is also probably why I’ve talked about our breakfast buffet for a full 2 paragraphs – being hungry + talking about food = nearly as good as actually eating. I quite often took my sweet treat with me to nibble on the way out as we were nearly always running late. We did Crush most mornings so this probably wasn’t the best snack option but hey! I kept em all down!

Ben always got 2 bread rolls (sometimes 1 croissant!) and a plethora of cheese and butter and also made sammies he didn’t fill a chocolate croissant with nutella because he isn’t a beast though. We had apple juice to drink and one time chocolate milk each but that was weird and didn’t really work because you had to mix the powder into the milk and it didn’t dissolve.

ANYWAY that is quite enough of our breakfast buffets, here is a photo if anyone would like to see!

p.s not going to go into it but I have to say I was dismayed and saddened by the people making full on lunch spreads out of breakfast – we really don’t agree with it, it’s quite tacky and we feel it’s taking advantage of Disneys BED and BREAKFAST (not lunch! ) hospitality.

Also, how nice would a squashed, warm croissant actually be 4 hours later!? Eww! /rant

We left the SL at 7.35 (all sorts of keen) and strolled through the ghost town that was the Village. We rocked up outside the DLP at 7.45….and we were the first ones there! We asked the guy if there was def EMH on as it was so quiet and he said they’d be opening in a bit We stood at the front and soon other people joined us. At 8am we were let through the gates, woooo! Through bag check and down round the side of the DLH on the right, through the turnstiles and we were in! We hurried forward and were the first people on Main Street. Aahhhhh bliss. Took some LOVELY photos…………

Which I can add a couple of in from later days. Just imagine there was no-one else in the background

And a couple of ‘candids’ Ben took with the video camera, have to include because they make me lol. There are a LOT of photos of these as he had a tendancy to shove it in my face and snap haha but the majority are the opposite of flattering! Chins etc

We went to Discoveryland first and there was a guy and his son walking near us, he stopped to light up (psshhh) and we carried on and then we were first on Buzz – we joked that he’d let his son down because he just couldn’t resist having a ciggie hehe.

Buzz was actually awesome, I was so close to beating Ben in the first bit! He was looking quite worried! Then my thumbs started spazsming from too much pressing and I had to slow down and he won by a mile grrr. Both of us were level 3 which isn’t really that good is it! Anyway, the best I’ve ever done and the closest I’ve got to Ben’s score so I was thrilled!

We didn’t fancy Space Mountain (mainly because of the nutella’d pan au chocolat I’d eaten 10 minutes before blerghhh) so we went over to Fantasyland to get some high quality magic in.

First up was PETER PAN which is my favourite ride in DLP (cool, I know) and it was very satisfying walking on with no queue! And we had our own pirate ship, aawwwhhhh yeaaaah.

Now, me and Ben are a little bit weird. And this, coupled with the fact that we have been together 8 years, means that we have our own little language and I’m quite sure you could listen to us talking for like 10 minutes and not have any idea what we’re talking about. For reasons unknown to both of us because Peter Pan is not one of our favourite Disney films despite it being my favourite ride, we quote from it a lot. And my favourite is when the Dad trips over the dog and they all run over and say “poor nana!” and he’s like, ‘POOOORRR NANNNNAAAAAA! ?!? !” hahhaa I took the liberty of finding the clip for you on Youtube and I have to say I was actually laughing as I watched it:

youtube/watch?v=vnpgtxZMUIo

We also enjoy singing ‘You can fly!” quite a lot, think of a wonderful thouuughttt, any merry little thouughhhhttt etc etc. Oh and we quote Wendy at the end when she says “and we…sailed away….” Not sure why. ANYWAY the reason I am telling you all of this is because you need to imagine us going through this ride which lasts like half a minute and trying to cram in all these quotes we know and also sing the song at the same time and also take photos in my case, which I can share with you from a later voyage!

“Pooorrr naaannnaaaaa”

Then we did the carousel! Loveeeee this ride so much It’s brief, lets be honest, but very enjoyable and quite therapeutic! On this first journey I managed to choose 2 horses next to each other and Ben’s one was the highest one on the whole ride haha! Was quite a climb up! On the second ride which I have the photos of, our noble steeds were much lower but no less beautiful!

Ben’s beautiful horsey

And my own!

After the carousel we took some general Fantasyland photos and then headed back to Discoveryland with a view to do SM and Orbitron.

So, Orbitron. God how I wish we had the photos from this they are HILAIR. So we were in the queue and decided that we should get into a spaceship together as it’d be more fun. We weren’t sure if we’d fit but we saw a couple of Dad/teen combos and figured we’d try! We had the cunning plan to get into a spaceship on the opposite side of the watching crowd so they couldn’t see us, but the CM directed us RIGHT in front of the crowd haha! So I sat in first and squished right up to the front and Ben got in after me…but it did NOT go well and in fact I was in so much pain! It wasn’t his fault but he trying to put his legs down wasn’t gonna happen as we were too wide LOL and he trapped my legs against the side and also trapped my fingers! OUCH! I may have screamed quite loudly just as a CM was coming over to check out seatbelts (nowhere near getting them on! ) but he didn’t look fazed and actually went to try and do the seatbelt up but I was like nonono let me out! Ben realized I was in quite a lot of pain and hopped out as quickly as he could and said he’d sit it out but I was like no you go, I’m not even that fussed about this ride! But he’d already nipped out the exit (where the CM was chuckling at us haha!) and stood waiting for me.

Meanwhile in the spaceship, the CM was trying valiantly to undo a massive tight knot in the seatbelt and we were trying to communicate with his very bad English and my complete lack of French hahaha, he kept muttering stuff like “people come to Disney, ruin things” etc etc and I was laughing and smiling and making “can I help?” gestures? Ohhhhh it was awkward and he must have been there for 2 or 3 minutes trying to undo the knot! He did it eventually and then the ride started and we were off. I cranked the lever up so I was right at the top, cruising through the air with the wind in my face! Everytime I looked down at Benj he was cracking up so that made me laugh too as the whole thing had been pretty amusing. The ride ended and I was reunited with Benj where we had a good laugh about it and vowed never again to try and squeeze into a spaceship that is CLEARLY not meant for 2 6’+ people.

It was nearing time for us to nip over to the Studios and queue for Crush but we just had time for a couple of photos near Wall-E which we re-created later in the holiday!

oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 12, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

We walked over to the Studios at about 9.30 and there was already a massive queue, woops! We were let in at 9.35, waaayy earlier than we had been in the past so I guess they are trying to stagger guests into Crush which we thought was a really good idea.

Last time we came we swear there was a like a pre-show thing in the big backlot area where we were held until just before 10? Have they stopped doing this…or did we completely make it up!?! Anyway, this time the doors were open at the other end and we were straight through and bearing right for Crush.

Things did get a little crazy and some people were full on sprinting but obviously we just strolled and ended up really near the front which was good. As we were just queueing before being let into the actual queueing bit, a massive group of kids ran up and just walked straight to the front of the line! As if! Before I could say anything (and judging by the angry huffs and cries from those around me, I would not have been alone!) a tiny French woman who was quite clearly not to be messed with shouted out “NOOOO NO NO NO” shook her head and pointed them all toward the back of the queue with some added rapid French that I couldn’t understand but which the kids obviously could! And they went to the back with their tails between their legs HA result!

We had about a 5 minute queue for Crush once we were inside and it was actually AWESOME – we only did it once last time and neither of us could remember it really but Ben didn’t think it had been all that while I had a sneaking suspicion that we’d loved it – we had! And when we came out Ben was like, “We did love it! ” I love the theming and the first bit but then the 2nd half is SO GOOD theres this first little whooooosh bit where your stomach completely goes and it’s really good! Seems to last forever as well! But I still wouldn’t queue an hour for it lol! We are still in disbelief why it isn’t a FP though…sort it out DLP!

It was straight over to Rock n Roller Coaster next and it was a walk-on wooooo!

And even better than that, we got the front row woooooooo! Although there was a slight glitch here – the music didn’t work! We started going round and in between all the woops and cheers I said to Ben “isn’t there supposed to be music!?” and he was like, yep! It was so weird, so quiet! Awesome being on the front row though and a fab rollercoaster, one of our favourites We decided to go straight back on as it was so quiet so off we went round again!

This time we got the 3rd row and the music worked, yay! But just before the end it abruptly stopped again! So weird, never experienced this before! Just early morning bugs I guess.

Next up was the 3rd of the Studios’ headliners – Tower of Terror! One of my favourite rides ever I LOVE all the theming and everything about it and I was actually hoping they might have some cool merch in the shop as I so regret not buying ToT stuff in Florida I wish I’d got a door hanger or bathrobe or something lol. Or a t-shirt!

The queue for ToT was only about 10 minutes so we were through in no time. I was wowing Ben with my weird knowledge of ToT trivia in the queue, pointing out things I’d read online that correspond with various episodes of the Twilight Zone. In no time at all, we were walking into the library (bit annoying that the video is in French after now having seen the US one!) and then into the main queuing bit. We were hoping we’d get to go upstairs so we could try and listen to the girl in the chalk circle (another Twilight Zone reference) but we were unlucky and stayed on the bottom floor. The ride, as ever, was fantastic, but having now seen Florida’s extended bit where you go forward, it is a bit lacking! But the main thrills are the same and our photo was really funny, both looked so shocked!

Sadly the gift shop was very lacking and they only sold 1 or 2 ToT products – the door hanger which I wanted was in French and English (understandably) but the English side was on the ‘wrong’ side if you get me and looked weird hanging The t-shirts were also not very inspiring and not as nice as Florida’s. Never mind, I’ll wait for next year!

It was about 10.45 at this point and I was feeling pretty peckish! We wanted to watch the 11.15 showing of Cinemagique so decided to get a little snack to keep us going while we waited. We went into the backlot area and got some fries to share. At 10.45 in the morning! Disgusting behavior but we’d been up for so long that it felt like lunchtime hahah!

At 11.05 we headed over to Cinemagique and managed to get great seats by nipping up and round rather than joining the queue of people all going up the one aisle, think outside the box people!

Now, I love Cinemagique and while Animagique is my favourite, I do enjoy the gentle cheesiness of it’s lengthier cousin. But on this occasion, something to do with the warmness of the theatre, the music and the fact that we’d been up since 6…I fell asleep! And more annoyingly, I fell asleep and missed the sword bit at the end which is my favourite part! Hahah ohhh dear, it was like The Terminator all over again (see 2011 trippie) Ben was laughing at me because I was so annoyed at myself that I’d missed the best bit! I enjoyed the beginning though! :p

Upon exiting Cinemagique we decided it was probably best that we stopped our theme park play for the day and grab some lunch – we had a BIG night planned and it was becoming quite clear that I was going to need an afternoon nap!

It was still only about quarter to 12 at this point so I suggested that before our delicious lunch at Annettes, we head over to the NYH to check out the menu for the Manhattan which was on our list of potential dinners, and on the way look at the Steakhouse menu which was 2nd on the list. It was a pleasant stroll back through Disney Village, the weather was amazing! Clear blue skies and actually quite warm, we both removed our hoodies and were just in t-shirt and jeans/skirt – I was regretting the Uggs because my legs were getting so warm!

We walked over to the NYH and I was excited because we’d never been in there before!

We were both unsure of how we’d like it actually – modern décor in hotels isn’t really our thing and we hadn’t been huge fans of the Contemporary at WDW – but we were pleasantly surprised! The foyer at the NYH is stunning and we were actually oohing and aahing quite a lot as we strolled around exploring. I particularly enjoyed the corridor with the murals painted to make it look like an underground station, very cool! We took some tres amusing photos with the taxi car but these are sadly lost. I also took loads of photos of the lovely art deco prints that decorate the walls.

We followed signs to the Manhattan and perused the menu, I took photos of it to look at later and also upload once I got back as the DLRPMagic ones are a bit out of date now (particularly Inventions which was 7 euros each more than I was expecting it to be! ) The menu sounded nice but very expensive as the items I would have loved were on the 3 course 48 euro menu oops! We had to laugh because Ben’s veggie option was seriously the same at every restaurant in DLP – some variation on mushroom pasta! Luckily he’s a big fan so it was cool! He was easy either way so pretty much left it up to me to decide. I wanted to look at the Steakhouse menu and then I’d be able to decide!
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 12, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

We left the NYH both very impressed and headed back to Village via the Steakhouse menu. Similar options but I thought we’d prefer the ambiance of the Manhattan – it’s in a hotel so we thought it’d be quieter and a bit more up-market so I said cost be damned, we’re going! We had the RFC planned for our other night and decided to save the Steakhouse for August.

That decided, it was lunchtime!

We headed over to Annettes and after a brief moment of panic as a mini-crane had appeared outside and I worried for a second that they were actually closed as from today, we were in through the doors and being shown to our table – a lovely booth which I swore was a big snugger than the last time! Last time we were against a wall but this time we were in the middle, attached to another booth next to us so maybe they have a bit less room? Or perhaps we are both just bigger!?!?!

Sooo gutted I don’t have photos from this because it was such a nice lunch I knew exactly what drink I wanted, OBVIOUSLY the peanut butter and chocolate SUPERSHAKE excited wasn’t even the word! Benj went for a beer, he just wasn’t feelin the milkshake that day. We had a really lovely server who bought our drinks out really quickly as we were deciding on our mains.

I opened the menu and immediately spotted An Issue. Where was the Avocado burger!? WHERE WAS IT!?!?!? ! This is what I had last time and I loved it and I was ssoooooo looking forward to having it again but they’ve obviously had a menu rethink and it’s gone! GONE. Slightly in shock I returned to the menu to choose something else Ben was happy because the Greenpiece burger was still on there. After much deliberation I chose the blue cheese and bacon burger which also came with a potato tortilla which was the main bit of Ben’s burger – greedy but really felt I was getting value for money there haha! We also ordered onion rings to share first because they were so good last time!

I JUST realized, I can put the photos from 2010 in here as we had basically the same things!

Some photos of the décor

My amazing milkshake!

Onion rings were delicious as ever and they came out super speedily, mmm!

We were still eating the rings when our mains came out, sooo fast! Must have been because it was lunch and pretty quiet, we were very impressed.

Ben once again loved his burger and ate it all! He even gave me some of his avocado, bless him!

My burger was very yummy but sadly not quite as delicious as the avocado verde boooo. I wasn’t even sure if the cheese was blue as it tasted like brie to me but after some digging I could make out some blue bits so that was fine! The potato tortilla was very nice but made it overly heavy and I had to leave most of my fries

Overall another delicious lunch at Annettes although it was SUPER fast – 40 minutes in and out! Which was great for us as we were in a hurry to get back to the room but perhaps not ideal if you want a leisurely dinner! Although it’s crazy busy at dinner time so doubt it’d be speedy! I can’t remember how much it cost and we didn’t write it down – quite expensive for a lunch though haha probably about 40/45 euros? Eek!

We thanked our server and I also waved to the kid who brought our food out as he was fab and very enthusiastic Then we were on our way!

Our bed was reaaallllyyy calling to me and I kept apologising to Benj as I felt like a right woman having to have a nap on holiday He told me to shhhhhh though lol and we discussed what he could do while I slept. In the end he opted to just buy a few beers and sit out on the balcony for a while and read his book as the weather was so fabulous

We called into the train station shop on our way back and got some supplies. Ben got 3 cans of Desperados and I bought a bottle of wine for 4 euros (barg! ) and some magazines…that I never did read! Money well spent there.

Back at the room I was in bed quicker than you could say “bon nuit” and snuggled up under the covers while Benj gathered up his stuff and headed out to the balcony.
Old 29 Mar 12, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

After a blissful hour and a half nap I woke up to my alarm feeling very disorientated and confused (like it was the next morning! ) but also a lot more awake. Bless Benj, he hadn’t even gone to the lav while I’d been sleeping in case he woke me up so once he heard me get up he was in there like a shot! I went out to chat with him and he said he’d just been sat in the sun, drinking (all of! ) his beer and listening to music – in his words, ‘Living the dream!” bless him. I felt bad for napping and quickly got dressed and ready so we could head out for the first of that afternoons ‘ Drinks Around The Lake!’ If you missed the pre-trippie, basically we were planning to have a drink in all 6 hotels

So, first up was the Santa Fe, our old turf! It was a lovely sunny afternoon and we left about 4.45 to stroll down to the SF.

Aaahhhh it was good to be back We wandered around for a little bit trying to find ‘our’ room – I had no idea where it was but good old Benj found it We hung around suspiciously reminiscing about the good times and I sneakily snapped a photo of the window. We then spent a few happy minutes abusing the abysmal Santa Fe ‘volcano’ – if you don’t know what I’m talking about, get down to SF and check out this beauty yourself!

We went into the main building and over to the bar where we had spent many a happy hour in 2010

Even though I had said I was going to have wine in all the hotels apart from the DLH I changed my mind and got a cocktail A Cosmopolitan! The strongest drink of the whole night! Got me off on a good foot haha! Benji got a beer and it came to 14 euros which as you will see shortly was an absolute BARG. We grabbed a couple of chairs and sat enjoying the ambience of the bar (there wasn’t a huge amount if I’m honest…) In about 20 minutes we were finished and on to the next one!

Which we were both excited for as we’d not been to the hotel before, it was the Cheyenne! And we both LOVEDDDDDDD the theming here! Really put the SF to shame we thought unfortunately And it is rarely that much more expensive. We would definitely stay here in the future! We took some photos of the cowboy town bits and wandered around and then headed into the Red Garter Bar Really cool bar! We got another cocktail and another beer which was the same price as the SF and settled down on some stools. The bar here honestly is so much nicer than the SF. Poor SF

Another half an hour passed and we were ready for the next! Getting onto the big boys now and on to our ‘home resort’ the Sequoia Lodge! We timed this perfectly as the sun was setting and we were able to grab a couple of chairs on the huge deck that surrounds both the back and front of the hotel. We opted for the front and could see our own private balcony, wooooo!

I got my favourite EVER drink here, it has raspberry puree, brown sugar and LOADS of lime juice in! And alcohol obviously. It’s amazing but I didn’t see it on any other hotel drinks menus! Which is weird because I thought they were all the same but there are subtle differences. Benji got his first cocktail of the night, a cuba libre which I believe is coke and rum standard! It was a little bit more expensive here as we expected BUT we got our first nibbles of the night – peanuts and crisps in a little tray!

Here is my drink from 2010 and the tray of nibbles, although they were different this year! We were so looking forward to the olives too lol because before we had those olives, both of us hated them! Now we absolutely love em! And we have the SL to thank <3

So we sat on the decking taking it all in, only one other couple was out there so it was nice and peaceful.

I think the SL has such an awesome bar and in fact I believe Benj said it was his number 1! Big words indeed! It is lovely though, inside and out. The inside is so cozy with the comfy chairs and the big open fire and we enjoyed a fair few drinks there later on in the holiday. But this time we were just having the one and then it was onwards and upwards!

Next up was Newport Bay and after nipping back to the room for a pitstop (I needed my coat, it was getting chilly!) we walked the short distance round the lake to the NPB. Now, regular readers will know that I have always wanted to stay here as I love the look of it and any nautical/New England design is always going to be a winner for me. Benj tried to book NPB for us for this trip but unfortauntely as he went to book the price had shot wayyy up and it was out of budget. He was so nervous that I’d hate the SL and be upset…as if! Well I have to say guys, our visit to the NPB on this night has completely changed my opinion of this hotel

We walked into the foyer and followed the signs that say “Captains Quarters” or something, up the stairs and onto the first floor. But, when we found it (and Ben realized this is exactly what had happened in 2010! ) the doors were all locked and it was dark inside. We think Captains Bar is some kind of private bar or something? Perhaps for conference members? Anyway, it wasn’t open! So we were really confused because we thought there HAD to be another bar. We followed signs for reception and then spotted a ‘Fishermans Wharf’ bar, aha!

Hmmm. Now I understand why people say this hotel has too few facilities for it’s 1,000 guest rooms. It was PACKED! And it was only like 7.30pm! Screaming kids running around, massive tables for 8 occupied only by a couple (grr!) and a lot of creepy European men stood at the bar which made me feel verryyyy uncomfortable. We grabbed a drinks menu from the bar and I looked to see if there were any free seats but there wasn’t and it didn’t look like anyone was moving! I really felt like I didn’t want to spend a small fortune on 2 drinks that we couldn’t even enjoy sitting down and said this to Ben who said ‘lets go!’ we put the menus down and fled, urgh! Not a good experience! It’s a shame because it looked like a very nice bar and I would love to sit by the windows with a drink when it’s quiet, but I don’t know when it ever would be! Shattered my illusions of the hotel to be honest because it just seemed soooo busy and I missed the cosy tranquility of the SL. Sigh.

So, onto the next one! The New York Hotel which we were very excited about having fallen in love a little bit with it earlier in the day! We walked into the hotel and over to the bar which looked so nice! We stood at the bar and were about to order drinks when a waiter came over and told us it was a table service bar and led us to a table for 2! Ooooh, posh! We made ourselves comfortable and then he came over to take our drinks orders. I got another cocktail, money was no object by this point and Benj very bravely asked our waiter if he could possibly have a margarita, even though they weren’t on the menu! He said of course! Nice place, this :p

(Found this stock photo online but I have to be honest I don’t remember it looking anything like this! We had a really cute table for 2 and our view was not of this. Strange!)

Mere moments later our drinks were brought out, along with, finally, some OLIVES! And tortilla chips. Yummity!

We absolutely loved the ambiance in here, and it was soooo quiet! And very grown up. Really recommend this bar for adults who fancy a cocktail or two before dinner. There was music playing and it was just lovely. We contemplated getting another cocktail after the NPB fiasco but time was getting on and we still had the main event to come We paid up (getting a bit more expensive now! ) thanked our waiter and slipped out into the night for the trek through Disney Village and towards the magnificent Disneyland Hotel.
Old 29 Mar 12, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

I must say I did feel funny walking through Disney Village all glammed up haha as most people where obviously in theme part attire, but I loved it! Gotta dress up for a bar crawl! I dress up at any opportunity so I’m quite used to the stares haha!

Right, all through the bar crawl we took a picture outside every hotel holding up the number of fingers that corresponded to what number hotel it was. Obviously these are all lost but we did recreate one on a later visit to the DLH lol, not sure if you can see but I’m holding up 1 finger here I think even though it should have been 6 really! But you get the idea. It was fun to do.

So we reached the Disneyland Hotel and went in the entrance and through to the foyer, ahhhhh theres that lovely baby powder smell! So lovely! I really really love this hotel and would love to stay there….but then again I really can’t justify the price if I’m honest :/ I don’t know if ANY hotel is worth that price when we’re out at the parks most of the time! I think I’d prefer to stay elsewhere and just visit the Fantasia Bar. We walked upstairs and across to the bar which was buzzing but also quite quiet with a fair few empty tables. The pianist was playing and the atmosphere was lovelyyyyy. We went to the bar and perused the menu, BIG BUCKS are needed here haha! I got my final cocktail of the night and of course it was a glowtini The best and most special cocktail DLP has to offer! Benj got a beer.

Once we’d ordered I went into the main bit to nab a nice sofa for us and settled down to listen to the pianist. Ahhhh bliss. I was really loving him and I politely applauded each time he took a little break which I think he appreciated because everyone else was pretty much ignoring him lol.

(Photos borrowed from our second visit)

Benj came back with our drinks and said that the guys at the bar had been lolling at the glowtini and gesturing that it was his, he was like noooo and held up his beer in a macho, manly way. The drinks came to 22 euros if anyone is wandering! I believe my Glowtini alone was 14 euros….so thank God Banj got a beer and not another cocktail or we’d have had to pool or spends for the week!

We got snacks! Yay!

We spent the next hour chilling on the sofa pretending we were rich and staying there hahaha and watching the world go by There was a family with 2 very rowdly little boys who were running around and screaming which I found HIGHLY inappropriate and kept frowning at them, we couldn’t believe the parents weren’t at least trying to calm them down a bit (if they were my kids I’d have been verrryyy stern! ) and then we were even more surprised when we realized they were English! Not cool.

A couple of very glam guys rocked up at one point and it was all very exciting because they ordered what looked to be a very expensive bottle of champagne and the waiters were hurrying around sorting everything out and at one point the manager came out and I said to Banj I bet he’s come to see the boys and he had! They were chucking money around, I loved it!

One thing I did notice was the amount of people wandering around in their bathrobes!?!?!? I found this reaalllyyy weird and I would never do it anywhere, let alone the DLH but it seemed to be the norm! Odd. Anyone else think that is odd? Like barefeet, wet hair etc possibly just come from the pool but it looked like they’d come from the shower! Ben disagreed and thought it was normal so I just don’t know!

We eventually left the hotel at about 10.30 as we were both pretty knacks, but not, I should add, in any way drunk! I had 5 drinks…all of them long and not very alcoholic Should have got on the vods! Never mind, we had plenty more nights for cheaper and less extravagant drinks

I really fancied a pizza instead of our planned Earl of Sammie and I had a feeling the Sports Bar might do takeaway pizza. Ben really wasn’t sure which was fair enough because it didn’t say anywhere but I said we can go in and check and if not, grab something from the EoS.

We walked into the Sports Bar and I asked the guy if they did takeaway pizza, he was like yep! Ahhhh perfect! We both wanted four cheese but they only had one left so I very graciously let the vegetarian have it and I got the ham and olive. We had to wait a few minutes but then he came back out with MINNIE PIZZA BOXES and a Minnie paper bag to carry them, how fabulous! I bought the bag home haha! I believe the pizzas was 10 or so euros each and they were a good size, we could have shared them if we weren’t so greedy!

We walked back to the Lodge and sat outside on our balcony to devour our pizzas. Perfect end to the night and just what I wanted – wanted to bring something back to the room to eat as it was such a lovely night still and we needed to make the most of that balcony! After we finished our pizzas we cleared our rubbish away, popped on the Disney channel and watched it for about 5 minutes in bed before one of us succumbed to droopy eye syndrome and we shut it off and went to sleep

What a perfect day! In case you were wondering about the bars – Ben’s number one choice is the Sequoia Lodge. Mine is Café Fantasia…but later on in the holiday I found myself slightly put off by it so now I would say the Sequoia Lodge too! And the NYH was a very close second Really recommend a 6 hotel bar crawl, so much fun! Just wish I had the photos
Old 29 Mar 12, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
loving it! I can't wait to visit the sequoia lodge bar . Best get saving!

you should be aware that I rearranged my whole day so I could have lunch early once I saw your latest day was up, lol!
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 12, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Shame you don't have any photos
Really enjoyed another lengthy report! I remember the ToT shop being rather good last year?! Don't think I've been to the Orlando one though, so can't compare them.
I can imagine that not having music on RnR would ruin the ride a bit! ?
Old 29 Mar 12, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Libby, glad day two was a good day, looking forward to reading day 3 soon.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 12, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wakeuplaura
Excited about Disney

Another great day.

My BF and I visited DLP in Jan 2011 and stayed in Santa Fe, so spent most nights chilling in the bar there, having drinks and listening to a lovely guy playing the guitar. It was ace.

However, one night we ventured to Hotel New York for a change and went to the bar. We too were shocked by the table service after being at Santa Fe! Service was AMAZING, as were the drinks and nibbs. We don't like olives, so when the guy asked if everything was okay, Tim (my BF) said 'could we get some more nuts but no olives please!'. The guy left and returned with a massive bowl with just nuts! CHEEEESE!

Loved it. Some people say DLP service is no where near as good as Florida, but you just need to know where to look and you'll see Disney service is there too!

Looking forward to your next day!

PS Would also love to hear what else you regret not buying (or doing!) while you were in Florida? I always regretted not geting ToT stuff when I was younger so am definitely going to pick some up this year too! Gutted DLP didn't have much!

Trippies: The Three Amigos Hit Florida - October 2012 by Dibb Member, clarithy
NEW East Coast Report - NYC to Orlando Road Trip June 2014
wakeuplaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 12, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Hiiiiiya

I always feel like I am there with you and Ben when I'm reading your reports!

Gutted that we didn't get to see all of your pics from drinking around the lake, silly people!

Looking forward to more xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List