Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Nov 15, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
do they have reward seats on all flights? and does that mean you have to book outbound the minute they are available and then return seperately when they become available or do they usually last a few weeks so you could book a return flight. Its my first time trying to collect miles and don't really know too much about them. I would be looking to book 2017 dining plan in April when it was released but then flights would not be released until about November - would this be a problem?
This is what I'll be doing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 15, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
do they have reward seats on all flights? and does that mean you have to book outbound the minute they are available and then return seperately when they become available or do they usually last a few weeks so you could book a return flight. Its my first time trying to collect miles and don't really know too much about them. I would be looking to book 2017 dining plan in April when it was released but then flights would not be released until about November - would this be a problem?
No, they don't have reward seats on all flights. And if they do then not necessarily when the flight is released, but sometimes there will be.

There's no set rule to releasing reward seats-it depends on flight load and their seat management system. They can be released at any time, and in any quantity.

You need to be flexible and keep looking!
Anne K is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 15, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TelfordWolf
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

TelfordWolf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi - I have been a bit of a miles geek this year and it seems that January, May and September are prime Reward Sale times...
However if you are after August flights it just depends when your dates are released...
e.g. our return flights were released a few days after the sales this September :angry: - so decided to book outbound first and get the sale rate... 27500miles PE as opposed to 35000.

Also the August Flights are VERY limited and will not last long when released... I have seen more availability from LGW than MAN so that may be a help!
July/August 2011,2013,2016,2017,2023 - Highlands Reserve
August 2024 - New York City
TelfordWolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 15, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachie76
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by TelfordWolf View Post
Hi - I have been a bit of a miles geek this year and it seems that January, May and September are prime Reward Sale times...
However if you are after August flights it just depends when your dates are released...
e.g. our return flights were released a few days after the sales this September :angry: - so decided to book outbound first and get the sale rate... 27500miles PE as opposed to 35000.

Also the August Flights are VERY limited and will not last long when released... I have seen more availability from LGW than MAN so that may be a help!
This is exactly what we're looking to do for 2017 but if the sale is like this year, it will have finished by the time the return flights are released.

Did you book the return on the day it was released and how many seats did you manage to get?

Did you notice if any outbound reward seats were still available when your return window had opened? I know August is a crazy busy time and we've always done out of season trips before so booking has never been an issue.

I don't want to end up with a scenario that we book the outbound with miles and then nothing is available for the return leg so we end up paying over the odds for a single ticket.
Rachie76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 15, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
TelfordWolf
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

TelfordWolf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi - as we booked 3 weeks this time we booked the outbound as soon as seats were available - you need to check every day in the weeks before release for a pattern - flights are released for miles sometimes a few days after 'cash' flights are released...
I did notice that if we were booking 2 weeks then return flights were still available but to book 3 weeks by the time the return flights were available the outbound date had gone...
It is possible but you have to check every day particularly if you want certain dates...
July/August 2011,2013,2016,2017,2023 - Highlands Reserve
August 2024 - New York City
TelfordWolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 15, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

I am looking for 2017 either outbound in October half term and return about 2nd week in November how likely are we to get reward flights then? and would we have to book each leg seperately? I had a quick look now and there are no economy reward flights available for October - is this normal :-(
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 15, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread