Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Nov 15, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
luckystrikes
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Go Karting

Just wondering if there are any good go kart tracks people would recommend. We are staying at Cumbria Lakes but will have a car. Thinking this would be something fun to do with my brother one evening so would prefer something near by.

I believe there used to be some sort of Nascar experience not sure if that would be more fun or is still open?

Thanks
Kenny
luckystrikes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 15, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post

The Richard Petty Experience at Disney was closed IIRC following a fatal accident. I'm sure there's one at Daytona - but quite a different experience to karting (in experience and price!). If you think you'd beat your brother I'd definitely choose karting
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 15, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Look,on groupon you can get some great deals on there we have and combined them with Macine gun America an ultimate lads day to combat our shopping
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 15, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We use k1 karting, it's up near the Florida mall, been a few times. We looked in at the nascar one on I-drive but they wouldn't let my youngest as a sit-in let alone drive himself. K1 have a separate track for youngsters
Old 28 Nov 15, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumpyman
Earning More Ears

Hi,went to the Orlando kart centre this year,it was good had the track to ourselves,quite hard to find though,would recommend a sat-nav.
Windsor Palms 2001 Married/Highlands Reserve Jun 2013,Highlands Reserve Aug 2014,Highlands Reserve Aug 2015,Formosa Gardens Sept 2016 Highlands Reserve Sept 2017,Highlands Reserve 2018 Higlands Reserve Oct 2019,Sancturary at West Haven Mar2020
Anna marie sept 2020 cancelled covid,Highlands Reserve 2022,Hampton Lakes 2023 Highlands Reserve September 2024.
Grumpyman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 15, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I'm just back at the villa coming in from the fastest Indy karting in Kissimmee and a wander round the cars at the old town we paid $15 each on grouping normally $26 11 laps of pure fun as I beat the rest of them hands down we also had a coupon deal for Red lobster worked out a good evening for $75 in total each
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 15, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
luckystrikes
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks all
luckystrikes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 15, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
TEXAS78
Excited about Disney

We like the ones on the 192 near medieval times I think, also the ones at fun spot old town are ruthless! lol
Old 22 Dec 15, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Don't forget to check your insurance covers it - most do. Karting is usually safe and fun, but if one kart runs over the wheel of another or you hit the barrier @ 40mph ... ouch!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 15, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by misterh View Post
The Richard Petty Experience at Disney was closed IIRC following a fatal accident. I'm sure there's one at Daytona - but quite a different experience to karting (in experience and price!). If you think you'd beat your brother I'd definitely choose karting
It has closed at DisneyWorld but it was nothing to do the fatal accident .
The closure was announced long before the accident, Disney wanted to close and demolish the speedway to make more parking for the Magic Kingdom.

Daytona Speedway still do the NASCAR Petty experience on certain days each week.. its much better than the Disney World one was anyway.. Daytona is a longer track, faster, more banked etc etc...

Some pretty good Go Karts in Daytona too at the Ocean Walk.. some of the faster we've been on.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread