Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Sep 12, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dringster
slightly serious Dibber

dringster's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Port adventures 'v' DIY

Please excuse my ignorance ,

I've just booked the Western itinerary Caribbean DCL, and extremely excited (bordering on a bouncing puppy ), so apart from what Disney has on offer are there other excursions available to DIY? Or are we just better off keeping with Disney? Also, has anyone done any of the Port Adventures on the Western itinerary, and if so what was your favorite?

Thanks
Zoe
Old 11 Sep 12, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We have cruised the western Caribbean several times (not Disney) and never used a ship excursion. If you research on line (try Cruisecritic) you will find lots of options for independent DIY tours at a fraction of the cost of ship trips. See if there is a roll call for your cruise, it will have ideas for trips as well as fellow passengers setting up small group trips that you could join. There is also a section called ports of call which is crammed with ideas of where to go and what to see. Which ports are you visiting?
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 12, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
dringster
slightly serious Dibber

dringster's Reviews
Thanks for the info, we are visiting Cosumel, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya. Also visiting Castaway Cay, but Disney has the monopoly on that one!
Old 12 Sep 12, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post

We are doing captain marvins sting ray city on grand cayman-they schedule a trip just for fantasy guests.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 12, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

You may wish to review my blog -see back to back blog below with the three ports in question, I have done diy and DCL, on the Western I did DCL only, as 1 limited time in Costa Maya, and 2 Tendering at GC should mean DCL is best, but it wasnt, read my blogg posted live at the time for each port.
Cozumel of all is the easiest port as the port has a good pier and you are in the city centre.

Photos of all the ports in my blog.

We did see people coming back 40 mins late after our departure time in one port, now the Captain stayed for them but if you go DIY, ensure your back on time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 12, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dringster
slightly serious Dibber

dringster's Reviews
Originally Posted by the stevensons View Post
We are doing captain marvins sting ray city on grand cayman-they schedule a trip just for fantasy guests.
Oooooh you 'll have let me know how you get on, have a great time

I'll check the blog out DISNEY FANTASY, the one thing I was worried about is getting back and the ship is gone eeek
Old 12 Sep 12, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread