Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jun 16, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
visiting Paris during a DLP stay.

We have booked to visit for 4 nights Jan 2nd arriving early due to our flight time and not flying out until late on Friday; so should have plenty of time to do DLP. Staying onsite so can take advantage of EMH.
I have never been to the city and wondered about a day in Paris maybe midweek. I can see that it is possible to get a train and metro ticket. Has anyone done this and is it worth the effort?
Old 25 Jun 16, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Yes we did it, caught the train and then walked to Notre Dame ,we then walked up towards the Champs ELysee and had lunch along the way. At the time we didn't do more cos DS was in pushchair, but had they been older or it had just been us we'd have done the L'ouvre or gone across to the Eiffle Tower. It was easy to do and we enjoyed it
Old 25 Jun 16, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I'm also thinking about doing this. Bit nervous but I think it would be a shame to be do close and not visit.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

I done this last year and i am so glad i did!
I didn't stay too long as it was the hottest day of the year and we were sweating! The train had no air con it was awful.

It is very easy to do
Rataouille92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Yes, 45 minutes and very easy to do.

However, I never bother as there is always so much to do in DLP. But we've stayed in Paris many times and gone over on the Eurostar for day trips at £72 so we don't really bother!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Decks09
Very Serious Dibber

We plan on doing this,looking at booking tickets for Eiffel Tower.DS(13) wants to go to the top but I think my legs wont let me of the lift
Decks09 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Catch the RER A service from Marne la Vallee to either Chatelet Les Halles for a short walk to Notre Dame or Auber for the Opera House and the large department stores (Galleries Lafayette) You should purchase a Paris Visite Zones 1 to 5 - Euro 25.85 per adult.

If you plan to visit Eiffel Tower they allow booking up to 3 months in advance. Choose the summit ticket (Euro 17) so you can go to the top otherwise you can spend all day on level two trying to get an elevator to the top. You can choose what time of day you ascend the tower.

Edited at 06:02 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

My advice to add to the rest is try and only do a couple of things in the day. Pick two highlights and do those. Anything else is a bonus

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We like going into Paris, our children love it too.
We've been up the Eiffel Tower which is great. Just a tip- pre order tickets to save waiting in a big queue!

We also enjoy taking a boat ride up the river. You can get it just across the road from the Eiffel Tower. It's fab on a sunny day, get to see some of the sights by boat.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
My advice to add to the rest is try and only do a couple of things in the day. Pick two highlights and do those. Anything else is a bonus
Thanks to all for advice. I noticed with the Paris visite it does give discount on some entry tickets. I have never been to Paris so just want to say I have at least been. If I was to choose only a few places to visit what would be your recommendation? DH is keen to do Montparnasse tower for the views. DD wants to see the Mona Lisa but I'm not sure about the cost and time that would take.