Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 12, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
paulaperk
Helping Minnie

our reveal

well after much thought weve come up with what we think will be a great way of springing the surprise on our daughters that we are going back to florida... (still cant believe we havent cracked and blurted it out yet)

ive bought personalised harry potter letters..which include an acceptance letter to hogwarts, a list of things a student needs, a train ticket for platform 9 and 3 quarters...and a ribbon tied map of diagon alley, the letters are written on parchment paper with caligraphy writing for efect...also it has a hogwarts wax seal to secure the envelope down.

now heres where we are still undecided... do we... put them by the hotel door for them to see on the morning of the flight... or discreetly hand them to the lady on the desk at airport and ask if she would kindly play along with the game (busy line behind pending of course) im leaning toward the latter ... what do you think dibbers
paulaperk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 12, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
CMFewkesHarrie
Excited about Disney

Your last idea seems brilliant... As long as you get a 'kind check in attendant' who is not too rushed.Personally we have some that barely look up!

Good look and hope all goes well with the reveal.
CMFewkesHarrie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 12, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
paulaperk
Helping Minnie

Yes your right there... but as were doing twilight check in then I could just do the first option if it fails
paulaperk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 12, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
hollyann1985
Apprentice Imagineer

aww that sounds amazing where did u get ur letters ffrom
Old 20 Jun 12, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

I love the idea of getting the airport staff to help, would make things seem all the more magical - could even secretly (when out of ear shot) say she's a witch from the school lol
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 12, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
I love this idea! I'm childless but hope u can do this one day! Thought if doing it for the hubby but I'd need him to pay half so he might guess teehee!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 12, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by paulaperk View Post
well after much thought weve come up with what we think will be a great way of springing the surprise on our daughters that we are going back to florida... (still cant believe we havent cracked and blurted it out yet)

ive bought personalised harry potter letters..which include an acceptance letter to hogwarts, a list of things a student needs, a train ticket for platform 9 and 3 quarters...and a ribbon tied map of diagon alley, the letters are written on parchment paper with caligraphy writing for efect...also it has a hogwarts wax seal to secure the envelope down.

now heres where we are still undecided... do we... put them by the hotel door for them to see on the morning of the flight... or discreetly hand them to the lady on the desk at airport and ask if she would kindly play along with the game (busy line behind pending of course) im leaning toward the latter ... what do you think dibbers
The hogwarts letter sound AMAZING!

i wish i had know i would have got it for my boys!
where did you get them from please?

nick x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 12, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
paulaperk
Helping Minnie

Got them from eBay... if I'm allowed ill post the link... getting the attendant to pretend to be a witch sounds amazing
Old 20 Jun 12, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by paulaperk View Post
Got them from eBay... if I'm allowed ill post the link... getting the attendant to pretend to be a witch sounds amazing
depending on attendant their might not be much pretending

thank you x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 12, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
paulaperk
Helping Minnie

Hope its ok to put this here... if not ill delete this post

ebay/itm/1108885921... 4.m1497.l2649
Closed Thread