Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Sep 16, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Restaurant Choices

We are first timers going for a week in May and have DDP, these are the restaurants we think we are going to book would love some feedback on what you guys think
Akershus - Breakfast
Sci Fi Diner
T Rex
Tonys Town Sq
Plaza Restaurants
The Garden Grill
Rose & Crown

Will possibly also book BOG for breakfast as well
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lemon-squeeze View Post
We are first timers going for a week in May and have DDP, these are the restaurants we think we are going to book would love some feedback on what you guys think
Akershus - Breakfast
Sci Fi Diner
T Rex
Tonys Town Sq
Plaza Restaurants
The Garden Grill
Rose & Crown

Will possibly also book BOG for breakfast as well
Sc Fi good experience. T Rex is fun. Garden Grill is good

Tonys Town Sq is the only one I would avoid.
Plaza is a walk in for lunch.

If you want to maximise the value of DDP credits breakfast and lunch are not recommended.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

The Plaza isn't an adr restaurant anymore apart from 1 hour between 11am and 12 noon. The food there is lovely, but I wouldn't use a TS credit to pay for it. It's only a couple of $ more than a QS place. If you're looking for somewhere to eat whilst at MK I'd consider booking the Grand Floridian Cafe...lovely food and one stop on the monorail. Good to get out oft he park madness for a bit too. Or look at Ohanas at the poly..another monorail resort
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Thanks guys I will have a look at the menus (very fussy kids),
also what time do people think is best for dinner - we are looking at early starts and coming back to the hotel for a rest in the afternoon and then back out for dinner, or would it be best to also have some late starts and out in the afternoon and stay out all evening?
really starting to get nervous over it all going wrong as I'm arranging everything and just want everyone to enjoy the holiday.
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

also what time do people think is best for dinner - we are looking at early starts and coming back to the hotel for a rest in the afternoon and then back out for dinner, or would it be best to also have some late starts and out in the afternoon and stay out all evening?
really starting to get nervous over it all going wrong as I'm arranging everything and just want everyone to enjoy the holiday.
We have fussy eaters they barely ate anything for 2 weeks no matter how much planning I did. The time change, heat, different food etc.

We usually do lunch 1pm dinner 6pm. Depending on show times if you are trying to fit everything in.

Going back to the hotel for the afternoon would depend on where you are staying. It can take up to an hour to get from your hotel to a park. If you are a Contemp, Grand Flo, Poly it would be doable. You will spend 4 hours of your day travelling otherwise.

We generally stay at the Wilderness Lodge so start the day late and stay out late. Start early and leave early. Too much hassle going back and forwards. The kids loved swimming but we found it better to let them swim at night to get out of the sun.

Nothing can go wrong really. You can change your plans on the day. You can change most FPs on the day apart from the popular ones Frozen etc. It is only the adrs you need to change 24/48 before. I wouldn't worry you can only plan so much.

Edited at 10:44 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SWEN
Very Serious Dibber

SWEN's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Akershus - Breakfast - Best breakfast we've had
Sci Fi Diner - Bit dark but the food is fantastic and the setting is really well done.
T Rex - Very similar to Rainforest Cafe but with a better menu (in my opinion)
Tonys Town Sq - Not tried it
Plaza Restaurants - Not tried it
The Garden Grill - Really good food, they will keep filling the plates as it's family buffet style, but we were full after just one round!
Rose & Crown - Fish n chips, bangers n mash, pint of tan n black, all well made and tasty. Even better if you can get a booking to watch Illuminatons from the deck out the back.

1990-WDW and Clearwater. 2003-Orange Lake Resort
2006-Sheraton Vistana Resort. 2007-DLP
2008-Orange Lake. 2011-Villa Buenaventura Lakes
2014-OKW&Sheraton Vistana. 2015-Old Key West
2017-OKW&Hilton Grand Vacations
2018-Saratoga Springs
SWEN is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SWEN
Very Serious Dibber

SWEN's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Depends on the age of your kids and also how well they adjust to the time difference.
We ended up with dinner bookings too early last year and weren't overly hungry by the time we sat down to eat. Next year we'll be making later bookings.

We tend to do later starts if we are staying to see fireworks or parades. Otherwise we like to get to the parks early, have a busy morning, lunch, couple more rides and then back to the pool or the shops and come back for dinner.

1990-WDW and Clearwater. 2003-Orange Lake Resort
2006-Sheraton Vistana Resort. 2007-DLP
2008-Orange Lake. 2011-Villa Buenaventura Lakes
2014-OKW&Sheraton Vistana. 2015-Old Key West
2017-OKW&Hilton Grand Vacations
2018-Saratoga Springs
SWEN is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 16, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Like all of the restaurants you mention except Tony's! Check the menus and go from there. However the best advice I can give you is relax, because if you worry about everyone else you won't enjoy it yourself regardless of which restaurants you book - been there, done that!
Old 30 Sep 16, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Of your list we've only eaten at T-Rex and Rose and Crown. Both very good although T-Rex was a little too loud and chaotic for us, but maybe we chose a busy time to go.
Old 30 Sep 16, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread