Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Sep 16, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

1st trip , young children- help with itineraries

Hi

We are going next year for my 40th for 3 weeks.

children will be (next year) 5,7 &9

Im thinking 2 days on (at parks), then 1 days rest. (for the first 2 weeks)

How realistic is that, for young children (too much?)

Each day at the park, im thinking first thing in the morning (to about 3pm) each day

Looking at the 14day Disney, 14day universal tickets.
Thanks in advance!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Blimpys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

No advise. Just want to follow
Blimpys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds good to me. Some of the park days you might want to start later around lunchtime and stay for the fireworks.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 16, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes for the first few days (due to not settling in to the time difference, i expect us to be there first thing, and leave at 3-4ish. )

Later on , when we have acclimatised to the time difference, start to go to the parks later on in the day.
Old 3 Oct 16, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
GEMTREACLE
Earning My Ears

:)

My kids are 5 & 8 and we go October.
I've planned a day at a park every day.
When I've planned a water park I've also booked fast passes for that day incase of bad weather. On a water park day Ive planned shopping in the afternoon.
Although I have planned I'm also going to take in account how the kids moods are each morning lol.
I think its hard to know how they are going to be. My 5 year old (will be 8 this time we go) last time did so well.
I think you just need to plan and don't be surprised if you have to change things whilst you are there.
GEMTREACLE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
We took our 6 year old this year and he coped really well with the walking and the heat.

Most days we got to the parks before 10am, stopped for a nice long lunch in an airconditioned restaurant when it was hottest outside. Some days we went back to the hotel for a break, sometimes we watched a show after lunch.

Biggest thing to look at is the route you will go around the park, ie think about where your fastpasses are so you are not constantly walking from one side of the park to the other.

If you are doing fireworks make sure you have a lazy day planned, we tried to do waterparks or spent time at the hotel beforehand.

Also as others have said build some flexibiltiy into plans as nothing is ever starightforward with children The disney app is great for rescheduling fastpasses etc.

Hope this helps
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

I would aim to get to the parks at opening. That way you get loads done before the crowds. Make the most of being awake mega early. Then we tend to leave by 2ish for time back at the pool.

Definitely do the later nights into the second and third week.

I agree re: working out a route or area to concentrate on. For example, combine Tomorrowland and Fantasyland in MK for one day with perhaps a show like Dream along with Mickey or a parade before heading home. Criss-crossing across the parks back and forward is a waste of time and child leg work! Book fast passes for 10:30-11:30, 11:30-12:30 and 12:30-1:30 for example so you make the most of the quiet time first where queues are short and then use your fast passes. Work out what rides everyone wants to do and make sure you are all in agreement. I see so many families faffing around with kids arguing over who wants to do what etc. If everyone knows in advance and everyone feels like they have had a choice and input first then the day goes smoother. Dealing with tired kids when it is hot is not fun!

My other tip for taking young kids is snacks! I took a load from the UK, basically anything small that doesn't melt. You are up so early that everyone is hungry by 9! WDW snacks are great if you want huge snacks! But my kids need little and often, and it works out so expensive to keep buying snacks they don't finish. So I took the likes of little packets of biscuits (jammie dodgers, maryland cookies, party rings, raisins, mini cheddars, little bags of haibo or moams, fruit winders, fruit yo yo's etc). They were a godsend when queuing!

Also when they are flagging enroute back to the car the thing that kept my two going was my step counter! LOL. They loved seeing how far we had walked, was it further than the day before, watching the steps go up! The little things

Edited at 11:36 AM.
Old 4 Oct 16, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread