Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jun 07, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Anyone been to Mexico, advice needed

Hi,

I am looking at mexico for next year but I need some info as i've never been before.

I was planning on October, is the weather good at this time of year? I will be going with DH and DS1(11) and DS2 (6), can anyone recommend a good all inclusive hotel family hotel in the Cancun area? I don't want anything too elaborate, but would like something nice with good food and lots for the kids to do.
Last question, what are the creepy crawlies like over there and is there Wasps ? Don't mind the odd wasp but definetely would not go if there was loads and they annoyed you.
Looking forward to all your replies!
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 07, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
maggie b
Imagineer

maggie b's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Marion Thought you were going back to florida next year or are you doing both?

Rodeway inn october 2007
Majorca September 2008
Majorca june 2009
Rodeway inn October 2009
Majorca september 2010
Majorca August 2011
Arkvilla October 2011
Majorca 8th September 2012
Arkvilla October 2013
maggie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 07, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Hi Mags,
I'm keeping my options open! I don't think we'd be able to afford Florida next year so I've been pricing beach holidays. I'm wanting to get away from spain for a while and would like to try beach holidays further away.

I've priced some places in cancun (barcelo have a lovely reasonably priced hotel there with FC) and it's working out about £2700 for the 4 of us All Inclusive. We wouldn't need much spending money that way. Considering i've been getting quotes for almost £2000 self catering in majorca for next year I think it's a bargain

Also when I work out the price of our holiday to florida this year, included spending money, park tickets etc it will be costing us £6000 and that is in a motel style hotel with no food included.
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 07, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
maggie b
Imagineer

maggie b's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well all going well we will be back to our second home which as you know is Majorca.Just charlie & me We just love going there.Thinking of going some where next may for our pearl anniversary i asked DH if he would marry me again & this time he said YES

Rodeway inn october 2007
Majorca September 2008
Majorca june 2009
Rodeway inn October 2009
Majorca september 2010
Majorca August 2011
Arkvilla October 2011
Majorca 8th September 2012
Arkvilla October 2013
maggie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 07, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Personally I would stay in the Riveria Maya region, Cancun is very busy and brash, not the most elegant of resorts. You can always visit Cancun.

Hope you have a wonderful time.

I think October would be lovely.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 07, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

hi we have just got back from riviera maya - bahia principe resort. absolutley brilliant! its 5 * and AI, plenty of stuff for kids to do! it cost us £1400 for 2 adults. I too wouldnt stay in cancun, very tacky looking. Had a delay so put up in a hotel aquamarina beach DO NOT stay there! they say its 4* more like minus 4! if you need any more info pm me x
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 07, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

also remember JASON - the hurricanne season, they had a bad hurricane in oct a few years ago, x
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 07, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree with Nicks Girl. I would rather stay somewhere other than Cancun. It was too built up for me. We stayed at the Gala Resort in Playacar (which is think is now called Sandos Playacar) and my kids who were 11 and 13 at the time had a ball which in turn meant that my hubby and I had a fantastic holiday. We hardly spent a bean!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 07, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

We stayed up in the mountains in a place called San Miguel De Allende. It was beautiful but would be a long drive with kids. Although I did it with 2 kids (not my own) but we only flew from the US there and back.

Have fun planning! That is what I spend half my life doing! Planning and changing and re-planning where we will go next... !
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 07, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread