Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Sep 12, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Busy day guide plans for accuracy?

I'm doing some planning for next Easter's trip but noticed some differences across busy day guides - even that one says avoid and the other says recommended!

Which has the most accuracy do you think?
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 12, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Unfortunately no one can say which guide is more accurate than another.

The DIBB like the other websites that have Busy Day Guides use lots of different things to come up with a 'BEST GUESS' as to what we consider to be the best or worse park to visit on a particular day. We use years of historical data, official Park Hours, EMH, Special Events, Seasonal affects, over a decade of experience and other factors.

We use all this data to produce a computerised formula that allows us to come up with what we think will be the best day to visit a park. But this is only our educated guess, exactly the same as other websites will have their own guess.

There will be slight differences between them all and thats because the formulas will be calculated slightly different. For example one of the sites uses a formula that says if a park hasn't been recommended in the last week then recommend it next. Well to me that seems wrong, if the formula doesn't recommend a park then it doesn't recommend a park, you can't just add a park in because it hasn't been recommended in the last week

Out of all the guides out there I think there are only 3 that are probably worth using. The DIBB's Busy Day Guide, the one at easywdw and touringplans.

Our advice is pick one guide and stick to it, do not compare it to other guides otherwise you will see some slight differences that will cause confusion.

Lets face it if you are in one park you have no idea what the other parks are like so you will never know if the park you are in is actually busier than any of the other parks.

You will find some people will use a certain guide and they are adamant that it is the most accurate but really there isn't any way to determine the accuracy. If the one they use seems to have worked for them then that is all that matters.

Many members here use the DIBB Guide as I do myself and find it works. I do like to be honest though I know our guide isn't any better than the other guides yo will find. I also know it isn't any worse than other guides.

So try not to get bogged down with some of the hype that you will find about how one site is better than another because they do this or do that, just use one guide doesn't matter which and you will find you have a fantastic holiday

Also think about this, if there was one guide that was the completely accurate and every one followed it then the fact everyone is following it would then make it completely in-accurate
Old 19 Sep 12, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Also think about this, if there was one guide that was the completely accurate and every one followed it then the fact everyone is following it would then make it completely in-accurate
Very good point.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 12, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
flossom
slightly serious Dibber

I used them from here while sorting out my planner and was very happy with the crowds at the parks we visited. We stayed away from most parks at the weekends and went to Kennedy,Discovery Cove and shopping instead. We visited MK on a Friday and I thought it was going to be a nightmare but all morning it was 5-10min queues. It worked for us, nothing lost.
Old 19 Sep 12, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

On our last trip in October we used the dibbs busy day guide, and found it pretty much spot on. The only day we went against the advice was on my DH's 40th birthday and we wanted to spend it in Magic Kingdom!

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 12, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Stu - it's a good point except...

Although people like myself and other DIBBers can become obsessed with planning, the huge majority of Florida visitors don't plan at all or very little. We can tend to think that planning is universal because we regularly visit the DIBB where it the major subject.

Most don't even know or care that things like busy day guide exist. So us loons that follow it religiously make very, very little impact on the attendances for a particular day.

We don't turn a quiet day into a busy day because of flocking there to enjoy a quiet day. There simply aren't the numbers to make a difference.

Which is a good thing because those of us who do a little planning can reap the rewards.
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 12, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Kate
Excited about Disney

I did think that if everyone is using busy day guides then the recommended days would be busier than expected but you've made a good point - I just can't believe so many people don't have a plan lol
Disney Kate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 12, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread