Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Sep 09, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

To book now or wait another couple of weeks?

Now I know this is probably another how long is a piece of string question but please be gentle with me

Have looked around at various airlines for getting to Florida end June beginning July 2010 and they are all pretty high for economy at the moment.

Today I noticed that Virgin had dropped the price by about £40 each for flights a few days before we are able to go. (Last week they were definitely higher). Do Virgin normally start with high prices and after they are out for about a month or two do they lower the price a bit?

Any of you who go DIY have you experienced this?

Thanks

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Now I know this is probably another how long is a piece of string question but please be gentle with me

Have looked around at various airlines for getting to Florida end June beginning July 2010 and they are all pretty high for economy at the moment.

Today I noticed that Virgin had dropped the price by about £40 each for flights a few days before we are able to go. (Last week they were definitely higher). Do Virgin normally start with high prices and after they are out for about a month or two do they lower the price a bit?

Any of you who go DIY have you experienced this?

Thanks
At the moment, with the way airlines are pricing their flights, it's anyone's guess what may happen next!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Treacle44
Imagineer

Treacle44's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
If you're happy with the price then book, sometimes there's no rhyme or reason with the pricing!

x

2011 - AKL/BCV ~ 2010 - VWL/SSR/BCV ~ 2009 - POP CENTURY ~ 2007 - VWL/BCV/SSR ~ 2006 - POP CENTURY ~ 2004 - LAKE BUENA VISTA SUITES
Treacle44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
If you think the prices are high then they probably are. Go with your gut feeling but know that you are never likely to get the cheapest prices, the game is to get as close as possible. Its a long time till June though so you have time.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

I so desperately want to book our flights, they will be available on Monday, DH asked his boss to OK the annual leave for next July and he said he can't, we will have to wait till the holiday form to put in our request comes out possibly end of the month, which then takes him another couple of months to sort out everyone elses requests! He said we could book flights but the risk is ours. Its a real pain in the neck every year.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
I so desperately want to book our flights, they will be available on Monday, DH asked his boss to OK the annual leave for next July and he said he can't, we will have to wait till the holiday form to put in our request comes out possibly end of the month, which then takes him another couple of months to sort out everyone elses requests! He said we could book flights but the risk is ours. Its a real pain in the neck every year.
Oh Wendy that's dreadful. Hopefully it will get sorted out quicker than that

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
luvaduck
Excited about Disney

It seems to me that when I've been looking to book as soon as the flights are released, they seem higher than other days. They are then reduced after a day or 2 and seem to stay at that price for about 6 weeks. This gives everybody a chance to book who knows when they're going. Then if you need a flight in a short time they have you and can charge more than normal as you need the flight. They do seem to go up the nearer the holiday date you get as the airlines then make a killing on people needing to go last minute. Then if there are seats available near the flight date, they reduce them to fill the plane. We booked out flights last October and got them for £350 each and they're now £503.
Like you, I've been looking for next June and missed a bargain not long back. BA had a sale and 2 flights to Miami was £610 and they're now about £820. We didn't book as going in 3 weeks. Best thing is to keep on searching the web as the price among all the sellers is about the same or wait for the sales.
May 08 - Vista Cay. Oct 09 - Isle of Cay. June 10 - Road trip with no kids! July 13 - Alyson's mystery road trip. Oct 14 - Married in Las Vegas. Feb 16 - Phoenix my 50th! May 16 - Florida. Sept 17 - NEW YORK Alyson's 40th.
luvaduck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Thanks Luvaduck

I just wasn't sure if va lower their prices after a flight is out for a few weeks as there definitely has been a drop of about £40 in the flight going out a few days before we can go at end of June.

Old 4 Sep 09, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Curioussilva
Imagineer

I do know Virgin and BA have a sale on at the moment 10% I believe but might be wrong? If you have a rough budget per person stick to it and when you see the price book it and don't look at it, am waiting to book my flight's for next November and have a rough idea of £400 to £300 per person total £800 to £900 for two adult's. Good luck
Curioussilva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread