Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Sep 12, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

QSDP questions and Spending money

Hi,

I had my quick service Dining plan free when i booked to go to POR and just have a few questions

Will these meals and snacks be enough each day or would i have to buy extra food like breakfast have in the room then the other 2 counter service meals for lunch and dinner? or would the 2 snacks be enough to get something for breakfast?

Question re spending money I know everyone has different spending limits etc but trying to get a rough idea, have got the QSDP for 14 nights and have booked one charceter meal at Chef Mickeys and my 2 DD and DS into BBB i also want to do the paragliding and give the kids $100 Disney dollars each.

Then i am doing 10 nights I-Drive so will be eating out Lunch and Dinner everyday but having snacks in the room for breakfast again giving the kids $100 each for shopping and maybe do the indoor skydiving.

Restaurant wise i am planning Tony Romas, Planet Hollywood and the rest just a cheap buffet or KFC, Mc Donalds etc

so what would you think would be a reasonable amount to take? There is 4 of us in total 1 adult 3 kids 12,8 and 7 years.

Sorry if this sounds a bit confusing
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 12, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Miss-Disney View Post
Hi,

I had my quick service Dining plan free when i booked to go to POR and just have a few questions

Will these meals and snacks be enough each day or would i have to buy extra food like breakfast have in the room then the other 2 counter service meals for lunch and dinner? or would the 2 snacks be enough to get something for breakfast?

Question re spending money I know everyone has different spending limits etc but trying to get a rough idea, have got the QSDP for 14 nights and have booked one charceter meal at Chef Mickeys and my 2 DD and DS into BBB i also want to do the paragliding and give the kids $100 Disney dollars each.

:
We often used a snack credit at breakfast for a big muffin, cupcakes etc in the POR foodcourt washed down nicely with a free coffee etc with the refillable resort mug.

Its plenty of food - between 4 of us we had almost 40 snack credits left at the end which we converted to sweets to bring home.

We ate really well on it with a big variety.
Old 13 Sep 12, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Carrotcruncher View Post
We often used a snack credit at breakfast for a big muffin, cupcakes etc in the POR foodcourt washed down nicely with a free coffee etc with the refillable resort mug.

Its plenty of food - between 4 of us we had almost 40 snack credits left at the end which we converted to sweets to bring home.

We ate really well on it with a big variety.
Thats's Brilliant! I believe that we get 2 snacks each per day as the package was bought last year, (think its only 1 now) Where did you change your credits into sweets? That sounds like a fab idea if we end up with too many credits left x
Old 13 Sep 12, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gracie89
Serious Dibber

gracie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I exchange my snack tokens every trip for bits to bring home, I often do this at main street confectionery in magic kingdom - the offer some great value snacks for your tokens, or goofy's candy co.

Have fun

AS Music 2001
POP 2003
AKL 2005
POR RS 2011

SSR Sept 2012
DCL Disney Magic 2014
BLT&BWV 2015 *Booked*
gracie89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 12, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nic18076
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Miss-Disney View Post
Hi,

Then i am doing 10 nights I-Drive so will be eating out Lunch and Dinner everyday but having snacks in the room for breakfast again giving the kids $100 each for shopping and maybe do the indoor skydiving.

Restaurant wise i am planning Tony Romas, Planet Hollywood and the rest just a cheap buffet or KFC, Mc Donalds etc

so what would you think would be a reasonable amount to take? There is 4 of us in total 1 adult 3 kids 12,8 and 7 years.

Sorry if this sounds a bit confusing
If it helps at all we had QSDP for 18 nights at POFQ. We had more than enough food - although we did try and eat "out" from time to time for variety.

We had too many meal credits and about 50 too many snack credits - almost half of the total. We used them for gifts to bring home - but noticed at the food court that there were lots of fairly substantial items that were snacks that could have "spun out" the meals if we had needed them to.

One thing we did do was to try a few different food courts - because otherwise you get a bit fed up of the menu at just one. We tried Contempo Cafe at Contemporary which was a nice cool break from Magic Kingdom on the Monorail, and we went to Coranado Springs Peppermarket which is an all you can eat buffet for breakfast and lunch - and that would definitely fill you up! We had a car but used Disney transport where possible - but if you do that you have to factor in the time spent on buses etc.

Spending money wise we spent $150 a day for 2 adults and 1 12 year old which seems a lot given the free dining but we had what we wanted - and you could definitely avoid spending this much quite easily if you wanted or needed to. The total amount spent included a meal at Rainforest Cafe, a meal at Sharks Grill at Sea World, and 3 or 4 other "offsite" meals which we could have avoided if we had wanted to.
Nic18076 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 12, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
murdi
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Carrotcruncher View Post
washed down nicely with a free coffee etc with the refillable resort mug.
I assumed the mug was for soft drinks. Can it be used for coffee?
Ta
murdi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 12, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by murdi View Post
I assumed the mug was for soft drinks. Can it be used for coffee?
Ta
You can use the Mug for Coffee/Tea as well as Soft Drinks. A little tip is to use the same Coffee Mug all the Time, once Coffee is used in it you never really get the coffee smell away.
Old 13 Sep 12, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

I would use up the QS credits first before the snacks really. and that includes for breakfast. At the end of your trip, it is easier to use up snack credits buying candy and chocolates to bring home. It is harder to use up QS credits at the end of the holidays and now they don't allow you to swap the QS into snack credits.

Lots of places like Main Street Sweet Shop (in MK) and Goofy's Candy store (Downtown Disney) has boxes of candies you can buy to bring home
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 12, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
murdi
Very Serious Dibber

Snack credits can be used at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival if you happen to be there while it's on.
murdi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 12, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread