Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Apr 11, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Hi. I would take one with me for a seven year old. It would be great for a little rest, or to help in the evenings. Most children go to bed quite early at home, but we cant expect to be back at the hotel etc with them by 7.30 or whatever so a buggy makes good sense.
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 11, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post

last trip dd turned 6 whilst away i took the old maclaren and it was a lifesaver! she has been out of the buggy since she was 2 and is a good walker here but disney was a different matter. she didnt go in it much - for most of the day it was a bag/ hoodie / drinks / snacks / and anything else transporter but when she needed to recharge her batteries it was great for a half hour break from the walking she even had a nap a couple of times and i had a nice peaceful drink! (she not slept in the day since a baby!)

the nights we stayed for fireworks it was great she would sit in it to watch them snuggled up in a blanket - we went dec 09 and it was freezing! she was warm she was happy and she was always asleep before we got to the park exit!

travelling on my own with her i could not have managed without it!

going again next year dd will be 8 and i dont care what people think the maclaren will be coming too for the same reasons as above

i would much rather have a happy child being pushed round in a buggy for a bit than the day getting spoiled by whinging about being tired! even if it doesnt get used at least i wont be carrying any bags at all!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 11, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

We to are having the same quandry.

We were not thinking of a pushchair though, we have been looking something similar to this

target/InSTEP-Quick-E...n&frombrowse=0

we are just not sure if we need it and so many of the point on here support my 'for' arguement - long days, late nights etc
Old 7 Apr 11, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but you may like to listen to the DIBBCAST episode 13 - there is a section with a discussion on "strollers" in that.
Old 7 Apr 11, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
towraterra
Excited about Disney

Can you get a stroller for a 47 year old that an 8 year old can push easily?
towraterra is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 11, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by towraterra View Post
Can you get a stroller for a 47 year old that an 8 year old can push easily?
called an ECV I believe
Old 7 Apr 11, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterfly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gppcja View Post
Hi

Would it be ridiculous to buy a pushchair / buggy for my 7 year old?
I was thinking he would manage fine in the parks but by the evenings we pan to shop and i think he will not walk anywhere.

Is it ok and are their pushchairs or buggies that would fit a 7 year old? He wont mind going in it but what do you guys think?

Am i mad?

Thanks x
No reason why not. I would rent him a stroller. It will be hot and tiring for everyone and that is an easy way to enhance his experience.

It is not harming anyone and none of anyone else's concern.

Enjoy your holiday.
CBR 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2023
flutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 11, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
DS was 7 when we first took him and the idea of a stroller never crossed my mind until we got there and I saw lots of older kids in them. However he was an energetic child and I was amazed how he kept going everyday, I think there was so much going on he didn't have time to notice the walking. If he had started to flag I would have headed to Walmart for a cheap buggy.

If more people used buggies there would probably be less tears and tantrums in Fantasyland by 7o'clock at night when all the children are over-tired but want to see the fireworks!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 11, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our DS will be just 6 when we go this year, when he was 1,2,3 & 4 we took a buggy with no thought.

This year DW wants to take the buggy 'just in case' and as it means she can take the kitchen sink to the parks and we have somewhere to put it!

I wasn't really considering the buggy, but on reflection, I expect we will take it.
Old 7 Apr 11, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzmic
VIP Dibber

our gd will be 4 and we said we will not be taking one but after reading all the advice we will be taking it, we just thought that she was too old for one

janie
jazzmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread