Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 27 Jan 16, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger85
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

The Diamond Celebration - Disneyland's 60th Celebration Trip Day 6

Thursday Day 6:

Last Day - We decided to take it easy, pack up and put the luggage in the storage room before one last breakfast at IHOP. After some pancake fuel, we headed to the park knowing we had to leave around 3pm to get to the hotel in time for our shuttle back to the airport.
Our time was spent doing some rides over again and a lot of time spent souvenir shopping. After a couple of hours it was time to head back to the hotel. We grabbed our bags and were picked up to go to the airport. The terminal was very nice which was good as we were 3 hours early for our flight. We grabbed some food and looked at some of the shops before we were called to our flight. I was surprised to see it was an Airbus A380 which we were going home on!

All in all an excellent trip, just a shame I was very jet lagged when I got back and picked up a chest infection!

I’m happy to answer any questions about the Disneyland Resort!

Tigger85 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post

So glad you all had a great time. Thanks for bringing back so many memories!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 16, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MissB87
slightly serious Dibber

Just read all your days, looks like a wonderful trip!

Trying to work out if we can sneak a trip in before the 60th Celebrations end, fingers crossed as neither DBF or myself have been, he's going to loose his mind when we go lol also a previous CM (but at Paris).

Edited at 12:55 PM.
MissB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 16, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Fillmore10
Proud to wear my Ears

Nice trip report, thanks for sharing we are going to DL for the second time this October as part of a California road trip and I agree any Disney fan should visit at least once if they can.
Fillmore10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 16, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Just read your all your report in one sitting.

We are heading to Disneyland next month for our first trip with my Mum. My daughter and I have been to DLRP and WDW on multiple occasions but we've never managed California until now.

We are not driving either and were looking at super shuttle as an airport transport alternative too which I might just go ahead and book now I've seen your positive recommendation .

We are combining our trip with 5 days in NY for Granny after we leave Anaheim.

We arrive on Easter Monday and are staying at the. Park Vue Inn .We have no plans for that day as I'm not sure we will know which way is up by the time we arrive but we may have to try out the cold stone creamery

we have three days planned in the disney parks (although we have 5 day hoppers)
My daughter and I are hoping to do the welcome to disneyland tour on the Tuesday morning . Booking for that date hasn't opened yet.
We have booked the aladdins on the go lunch package but this time it's for paint the night as Fantasmic is closed due to the refurb.
Do you remember what the options were ? I have struggled to find a menu online.
We have also booked a meal package at Carthay Circle for world of colour . do you think these are necessary ? We've never done a meal package for Fantasmic at HS At WDW but I wondered if DL was smaller and thought I'd better to be safe than sorry .

The Friday we have booked a beach tour for Granny and Saturday a Hollywood and Warner Bros tour , primarily for DD who loves Friends , ER, Harry Potter , Big Bang Theory and Pretty little liars .

On the Sunday we are hoping to do some shopping (again mainly for DD) Do you know if the ART goes to the Outlets at Orange ? I'd prefer afternoon tea at the Disneyland Hotel so I've booked that as a reserve plan.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 16, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger85
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi,

I have done the Disneyland tour in the past, highly recommended! SO different to Magic Kingdom!

I believe the 'on the go' package was a choice of Beef Lasagne or Vegetarian Lasagne. It came in a compartmentalised tray, and also had a small salad with dressing of your choice, a dinner roll and a cheesecake with Mickey design, plus a bottle of soft drink. You chose a table in the Aladdin Oasis and it was bought to you. It was a good deal.
If you get into California Adventure early, there is no problem in getting a fastpass for World of Color - there are plenty of them available and there is no mad rush in the morning - most people head straight to Radiator Springs Racers.
The ART covers a huge area, and I'm pretty sure it covers the Outlets at Orange. The ART website is very useful!
Hope you have a great time!
Tigger85 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 16, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Lovely trip report. Not sure how i've missed it before but made a nice read with my morning coffee Thanks for sharing.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List