Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Sep 10, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Ba?

Hi

Found some flight prices for BA next year (Aug/Sep), although at the moment they are only company that seem to have flights released (we are flying into Miami)

Not sure whether to go ahead and book even though at the moment cant compare to anyone else? Never flown BA what are they like? And worried about all the strikes they had earlier this year, what if they happen next year over our hol?! We are booking everything DIY.

Thanks dibbers
Donz23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 10, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post

We've flown BA to Miami twice and found it fine. The airport is pretty slick and immigration isn't too bad. Finding your way to the car rentals can be a bit problematic as the signposting is a bit lacking but we managed OK. I noticed that the quality of food and service seemed to deteriorate slightly but that may be the case with all airlines. As for the strikes... I wouldn't risk it and, in fact we flew with Air France this year but there's always the chance that french air traffic control will go on strike... It's a lottery really. Good luck.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 10, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post

We flew Aug this year to LAX from Heathrow and they were fab I would honestly state service was better than Virgin.. It's the gamble you take over the strikes good luck with your decision..
Old 22 Sep 10, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

We flew BA in August from Heathrow to Miami and thought they were great. On time flights with excellent crew. Miami Airport was easy to navigate too.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 10, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post

We flew with BA this summer, first time with them and would have no hesitation flying BA again. Ground staff really helpful, planes comfortable, on time and good in flight service. Miami airport was fine - car hire changed this year when the new care centre opened on site, would fly into Miami again - it seemed to be the cheapest between TPA and MCO.
Old 22 Sep 10, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

I flew with them for 2 out of the last 3 years, only because got good deals . Would have no hesitation flying with them, although if i was going in Aug i would worry about strikes.
Old 22 Sep 10, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post

We flow with BA for the 1st time this year and have already booked for next summer.
Very impressed with quality of plane, service etc - we even got a free upgrade to club on the return journey - that was awesome. We Flew Gatwick to MCO - strikes tend to be at Heathrow so I'm told.
Old 22 Sep 10, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

I would not even worry about strikes next year, chances of any more cabin crew strikes in the current dispute having any effect is nil. They will be flying 100% long haul and probably 100% short haul as well if they even strike!
They've not even had a ballot for stike action yet and no date for one either.

Any airline can go on strike and then again anybody else could go on strike a scupper your holiday so why worry about it?

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 10, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Kalnins
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by jlwatkins View Post
We flow with BA for the 1st time this year and have already booked for next summer.
Very impressed with quality of plane, service etc - we even got a free upgrade to club on the return journey - that was awesome. We Flew Gatwick to MCO - strikes tend to be at Heathrow so I'm told.
As Lindsey said - fly from Gatwick, the strikers are all at Heathrow as they're on different contracts. We booked last year for our trip just finished in August - when there was constant talk of strikes pretty much all year, & in the end we weren't affected
Kalnins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 10, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies, BA do sound good - service ect, I'm just so unsure about possible strikes I would be beyond devastated if it happened! BA only fly to MIA from Heathrow so would have to leave from that airport.

When the strikes happened this year were the long haul flights affected? I do remember something about them keeping long haul as a priority while the short hauls were more likely to be cancelled? Did I dream that?!

Thanks again
Donz23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread

Tags
british airways