Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Apr 12, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousey8818
Earning My Ears

Question flights from Belfast 2013?

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know who is flying to Orlando or Sanford direct from Belfast in 2013 and when flights go for sale?
Mousey8818 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi
Probably no flights direct to Orlando International and Sanford is currently only served by Thomas Cook. You can go indirect through Newark with Continental or go via London with the likes of BA and Virgin. Having been several times I have to say that going from Dublin has always been much cheaper as there is a lot of competition for transatlantic flights. The only direct option though is with Aer lingus who fly to Orlando international.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousey8818
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Thank u

Thanks Tourman. ill check out aer lingus and flights from Dublin, always forget that we could try Dublin Airport.
Mousey8818 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

We flew from Dublin last April for the first time and found it brilliant. You clear immigration and customs before you fly, so walk through MCO as if you were a domestic arrival. Plus you don't have to pay the huge taxes you do for flying from the UK. We took the bus down the day before and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Northwood for 58 Euro overnight. After the horrendous experience on the bus coming home, I think we would take the car next time, but that's the only negative thing I can come up with

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousey8818
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Thanks Celica. air lingus flights from Dublin due out in June, so def think that's the way to go.
Rang Thomas Cook - only direct flights from Belfast to Florida are gonna be in July and Aug from now on.
Old 10 Apr 12, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jules_ni1
Very Serious Dibber

Thomas Cook only seem to do 2 week options around the 12th. We booked 2013 flights from Belfast through Gatwick with Virgin for the same price as 2012 ones and have paid £250 deposit
Old 10 Apr 12, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Celica190 View Post
We flew from Dublin last April for the first time and found it brilliant. You clear immigration and customs before you fly, so walk through MCO as if you were a domestic arrival. Plus you don't have to pay the huge taxes you do for flying from the UK. We took the bus down the day before and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Northwood for 58 Euro overnight. After the horrendous experience on the bus coming home, I think we would take the car next time, but that's the only negative thing I can come up with
Can I ask what happened on the bus home? I'm thinking of catching the bus this year.
Old 10 Apr 12, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousey8818
Earning My Ears

:)

Donegal Guy, let me know how ur air lingus flight goes, please.

Enjoy ur holiday xx
Old 11 Apr 12, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Went with Aer Lingus direct in June last year from Dublin and it was superb. Flight crew were excellent especially when DS got sick. Gone indirect cheaper and wouldn't bother again after going AL. Going again with them this year! Can't wait!
Old 11 Apr 12, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post

We've gone via Dublin twice now and will never go any other way. Depending on when you book, flights work out c£500 per head, return.

We tend to head down the day before our flight and book into one of the hotels near the airport. They all have specials for stay and park for the duration of the holiday. Always find that this gets the hols off to a great start.

As previous posts have said, the AL staff are amazing and the planes appear to be relatively new. In flight service and entertainment are also really good. Clearing immigration in Dublin is a massive advantage, particularly when you can breeze through MCO without having to stand in the long immigration lines.
Closed Thread