Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Nov 08, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Thomson or Thomas Cook Premium Economy?

Hi, Thomson and Thomas Cook are coming in at roughly the same price (around £4200) for us (6 adults and 1 child) for end of June next year flying premium economy. We flew thomas cook premium economy last year (post merger) and were very happy with them. But we have no experience of Thomson flights at all. So my question is has anyone flown pe with both and if so which would you prefer or recommend if they were the same price? Is there any difference in the seat pitch as I will have 3 tall sons with me!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 08, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
we have only flown with TC, next year we are flying with Thomson as TC don't do 3 weeks in PG

for me I would have went with TC, Reports seem to be that Thomson if it is the same as FC are better but the baggage allowance for next year with Thomson is rubbish for upgrading. its 23kg whereby we got 30 kg with TC

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 08, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

The seat pitch on Thomson and FC is excellent. I am over 6ft tall and had a good few inches between my knees and the seat in front. Also found I could stretch my legs out straight under the seat in front because of the seat design.
Look out for the baggage allowance because they can be strict on check in but 20 kilo or thereabouts is plenty for most on a one or two week holiday.
I certainly would not worry about bringing shopping home at current exchange rates!
Old 13 Nov 08, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellestar
Imagineer

Hi we have flown with Thompsonfly Premium in April this year and had a fantastic time, the seat pitch, legroom was unbelievable and service and food too, have flown FC but only economy but that was fab too leg room great.. Sorry never flown Thomas Cook
F/drives 1989-2000,G/Vista 2000-02 M/Vge 02 G/Vista 02,W/Palms 03-04-05,C/bay 05,W/Hills 05-06 All Virgin,C/bay & H/Rock Htl Univ TCD S/First Sept 06,April 07 Virgin,Sept 07 FChoice-VCay Res & P/Bay,April-May Thom/Prem 08 V/Cay,Sept 08 V/Cay,Feb 09 US Air Villa,Sept 09 Villa/Univ Port/Bay & Virgin F/Class Orl,May Univ Port/Ba,Sept 10 Villa,Feb 12/SSR May 13, SSR JUN 14, May 19 Cabana Bay & OKW Resort, May 20 HRH & Endless .

Edited at 07:12 PM.
Bellestar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 09, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post

do they have seat back tv's and a choice of films on thompson flights
Old 18 Mar 09, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
facepot
Excited about Disney

do they have seat back tv's and a choice of films on thompson flights
Yes they do, you also get a upgade to all the games and extra movies. Not to mention the free booze.

We flew from Esat Mids last June and thought the service was really good. First on the plane & first off, first to get your luggage which meant first at Dollar to spend an hour argueing with salesman.
facepot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 09, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by facepot View Post
Yes they do, you also get a upgade to all the games and extra movies. Not to mention the free booze.

We flew from Esat Mids last June and thought the service was really good. First on the plane & first off, first to get your luggage which meant first at Dollar to spend an hour argueing with salesman.
That was another question, do you get free drinks on board not that we drink anything other than soft drinks.

Does anyone know if they do a twilight check in at east midlands ?
Old 18 Mar 09, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

you do get free drinks in premium, not in ecy
Old 18 Mar 09, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Ah, thats where we will be sat in eco cheap seats
Old 19 Mar 09, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jcjcjc View Post