Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Mar 15, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

My mother had a Morphy Richards Toaster. It was a Wedding present to my parents in 1941 ! It stopped working at one stage and my mother was told it was so old she should chuck it as not safe. But she didn't - it was a present from her brother who had since died, so had sentimental value to her - so she got it rewired, it was tested at safe. Sadly she died last year and now I have it. So okay not something I personally have had for a long while - but at 75 years old it still turns out perfect toast. The auto pop up has stopped working, but not bothered about that. Its a lovely chrome one that matches my modern chrome kettle
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 15, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

I have so much. We must be hoarders, except most of it is still used!

I have virtually every non electrical item given to us for our wedding in 1976 and most of the smaller electrical items are around. My kitchen has all the original knives, peelers, tea towels etc and we still have the original side plates from our first Biltons Pottery set. Also have two full sets of "best" Hornsea not to mention loads of Tupperware both my Mums from the 60's and mine from the 70's.

In the airing cupboard sit all the DisneyWorld towels the children collected over the years, in fact just gave the grandson a Donald Duck one that DS got at Disneyland when it opened but was never used. He will soon be getting all the soft toy (collectors items now) my DS collected each year from DisneyWorld but never used and his NatWest pig collection.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 15, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

I had a Phillips hand whisk which which I bought when I moved in to my first house 25 years ago. It died a couple of months ago so I bought a replacement which was so bad I had to buy a much more expensive replacement last week.

I also have an Elna sewing machine which my mum used to make my clothes when I was a child. It must be at least 45 years old and it works just fine!
Old 29 Mar 15, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

We have been married 40 years and still have a pyrex set from the wedding presents and a glass set...I still have my childhood bible I got off the Green Shield stamps when I was five I am nearly 59!
And a gorgeous dog stuffed with straw that was given to me on the day I was born and now falling to bits...but always smells of my childhood.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 15, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
I still have my mums rolling pin, got to be from the 60's.
5 out of the 6 wine glasses from our wedding DH broke one lol, 31 years old. (the glasses not hubby) and used all the time.
Coffee peculator from 1984

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 15, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread