Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Mar 15, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

Which airline generally is cheapest - London to Las Vegas

I know they all vary, but your experience when researching flights, who comes up cheapest for direct flights ?

I want to fly London to las Vegas - one way only as we will be doing onward travel later on to Salt Lake city, Yellowstone and then home from somewhere else. Haven't finalised itineries yet.

I have to fly in August , 2016 and somewhere near the beginning, so know the prices will be high, but looking to book as soon as they are released to hopefully get a better price.
Old 26 Mar 15, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My experience this year was as always BA & VA are identical in price and they are i think the only 2 that go direct from London.. oh Thomas Cook might in August though.

Prices were ridiculous though, hence why i flew into LAX .

I was getting prices of £2800 for the 4 of us for end of Feb and that was supposedly in a sale... i actually paid £1894 to fly direct into LAX , We then drove to Vegas but it would still have been cheaper to fly there and get flights to Vegas.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 15, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

wow, that is expensive!

I may be re-thinking my itinery then!
Old 26 Mar 15, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

Would you consider going from Dublin? I know it may be a pain but there seem to be really good prices! And, maybe its just me, but I'd rather take a domestic flight or two to then get a long haul flight, than do indirect with a stopover in the US - but I live offshore so 1 or 2 domestic flights is the norm if I want to travel internationally.
Old 26 Mar 15, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
I also looked at Dublin, bonus being your clear immigration there, and flights to Dublin looked cheap until i added in luggage, and then the overnight stay etc. And in the end it worked out dearer than flying direct to LAX...Granted not everyone wants to then travel on to Vegas but its only about 1 hr if you fly.

HappyGoLucky yes very expensive , i've never payed more than £550 before so it was a shock and with 4 of us i just can't afford £700 each . I'd imagine for summer it will be at least that.

I didn't plan to visit LA, but tbh the flight with American Airlines was one of the best we've had put VA to shame for sure so we'll mostly likely do the same next March.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 15, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

We are going via Amsterdam. Mainly because we can get an early flight there and not have the 3 hour drive to London. Also gets us into LAS by 4pm local.

Saved about £500 for three of us going that route. Mnd you we come back via a few days in New York which also cut the flight costs.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 15, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
The VA flights get you into Vegas around 2.30pm local time, think the BA one is slightly later but it leaves Vegas much later so you get all of the last day there.
Old 27 Mar 15, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
The VA flights get you into Vegas around 2.30pm local time, think the BA one is slightly later but it leaves Vegas much later so you get all of the last day there.
Yes, the BA flight leave at around 9.00pm which we find works well for a good last day, plus helping to actually catch a few z's on the flight home.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 15, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
Yes, the BA flight leave at around 9.00pm which we find works well for a good last day, plus helping to actually catch a few z's on the flight home.
We left LAX about 8.30pm this year and it was the best flight home we've ever had, we all slept most of the way , where as with the VA Vegas flight we never got much sleep.

As a result none of us had any jet lag at all , based on that i will now always try and get the latest flight home i can.
Old 28 Mar 15, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ncoathup
Apprentice Imagineer

We are flying direct to LAX with Norweigan in August for under £600 each, we have a connecting flight for $77 each with Southwest Airlines from LAX to LAS. Worth considering.
2022 Endless Summer/Bay Lake Tower/Calabay Parc 2019 RPR Universal/Bellavida Resort 2015 California, Nevada & Arizona Roadtrip 2014 RPR Universal/Reunion 2012 Hard Rock/Reunion 2009 Ginn Reunion Resort 2007 Orange Lake CC/Cane Island 2004 Villas at Island Club 2002 Orange Lake CC 2000 Orange Lake CC 1999 Orange Lake CC 1994 Vistana Resort 1990 Vistana Resort 1987 Orange Lake CC 1981 Howard Johnson
ncoathup is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread