Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Highlander & Slothful Trio Tour Orlando Hotels Day Two

Highlander
Main planner, grouchy at times Me : Steve (aka God "honest")
Slothful Trio
Peacemaker, maid, and chief : Jacquie (aka Wife puts up with me)
Chief spender, shopper, moody : Stephanie (15 aka Daughter & first born)
Chief pain, wind up merchant : Danny (13 aka the "boy" my heir)

30th June Day Two
Weather today was sunny in low 90's although with humidity it felt warmer
I'm awake by 7am, I leave family sleeping, after showering and getting dressed, I head for lobby where I get a vanilla coffee for $2, I then check my email via my pda using the free wireless hot spot in the lobby, all the holiday reps for various companies start arriving and by the power of eavesdropping , I can hear quite a few complaints about hotel and other things also such shocking misinformation , most of the reps where trying to sell days out on the 4th July, and basically advising people to avoid the parks, not one rep advised their clients about the firework shows at SW or USO in fact some reps advised these parks had no fireworks at all ( , the Virgin meeting began at 8:45 I did attend only to get my free lunch vouchers, hey how else can I save some pennies ,the Virgin meeting was no better, terrible misinformation for example according to the Virgin rep all the stores are closed on the 4th of July and the dinner show info was biased towards the Arabian Knights show, she put other shows down and bumped this show up (commision me thinks), after 45 mins of this drivel I managed to secure my HRC voucher. On return to room I find that everyone's still asleep , hence the title as this is a recurring theme, I mean seriously do they think this holidays just going to happen , I gently awake my family by opening curtains and letting the sunshine burn their flesh bit like vampires my trio, little after 10 everyone is dressed and ready to go, we head over to IHOP for breakfast just across the road, there was a small queue but we waited less than 5 minutes to be seated, we ordered 1 OJ, & 1 carafe of apple juice to share, 2 breakfast combos with choc chip pancakes, 1 big funnel combo, and 1 banana nut pancakes, grand total $34.46, service was average, portions wher huge, but it was very busy, although when we went to pay bill it took nearly 10 minutes due to server working till dealing with people who wanted directions to somewhere, the queue for the till stretched back into the restaurant and was hindering the servers doing their job, seemed pretty silly not to get someone else to deal with the customers wanting directions.

SORRY HAVE TO POST IN SECTIONS FOR PHOTO ATTACHMENTS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0630(022).jpg
Views:	219
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	7112   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0630(023).jpg
Views:	185
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	7113   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0630(025).JPG
Views:	158
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	7114   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0630(026).JPG
Views:	163
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	7115   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0630(027).JPG
Views:	146
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	7116  

highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 06, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post

these reports are great like the last piccie
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 06, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm drooling at those pictures of the pancakes - roll on October!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 06, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
after escaping the IHOP we wait for the trolley to go shopping, we wait 10 mins for the trolley and head for Festival Bay as DD is desperate to get to Hot Topic, once at the mall DW enquires about getting her nails done $38 quite a price rise from last year but its convenient so while she gets them done the rest of us head for Hot Topic, DD goes wild in this store $300 in 40 mins we get 3 cards that give us 15% discount off our next shopping 1 card per $100, loaded down with bags we go to find DW, as we leave the mall a trolley is just arriving so we hop on for the Prime Outlets, trust me maybe a short walk but in the heat the trolleys worth it .
Prime Outlets had been advertising a tent sale starting today, when it was the Beltz these tent sales where pretty good, we couldn't find any evidence of this sale so we enquired at guest services turns out no tents this time just look in stores for sales . Van Heusen got some business from both me and DW, some gifts bought in Disney store, watch some world cup in a sports store with DS, we have a break in food court just icees and juice $7, also we try the massage chairs , trust me these are torture chairs ,after our break we head over to Reebok store where DS buys 2 pair of G-Unit trainers for $65, he looks for track suit but for some reason in the states they sell bottoms but not tops, its now nearly 3pm so we decide that’s enough for today and get a trolley back to hotel. Once back at hotel kids played in pool, while me and DW pack an overnight bag for RPR tomorrow night, also made some phone calls to ensure KSC trip was confirmed and Clearwater trip on Wednesday, local calls are free at QII if made from room.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2006_0630(033).JPG
Views:	87
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	7122  
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 06, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
We left hotel about 5pm to go to SW for Makahiki Luau, we arrived a little before 5:30pm, we have our passes out and go to use them, but girl asks if we are there for the Luau (must be because we are dressed up) , when we say yes she just waves us in without passes our checking that we are actually doing dinner show, after checking in at reservations we are told to turn up at 7pm at Sea Fire Inn, we head for hospitality centre where I get a couple of Amberbock's , we try to get into 6pm show of Believe but its full so while kids look in Artic gift shop I chill outside with my beer, and then guess what happened? , ok I'll tell u this strange guy in a SW uniform approaches me and says are u Steve, I think to myself OMG he's going to bar me from the hospitality centre, shaking I feign nonchalance and say yes, next thing u know he's slobbering all over me gushing about what an honor it is to eventually meet me , after I pull myself free I realize its Rob . he may remember this encounter differently but he takes hallucinogenic medication for those that don't know him, ,he saw my Dibb pin or may have been my badge on my hat, like I said he was gushing so couldn't make it out that well, he was still working so couldn't stay too long just as well really as my beer was warming , only kidding it was great meeting Rob nice to put a face to a name, he said he would still come to the dinner show and see me, think the bag of chocolate had him hooked , after Rob left I parted with more $$ in the gift shop, we then went to the Waterfront and watched a performance from the Longshoremen very funny and entertaining .

A little before 7pm we joined the queue for Luau, this was chaos as there was no organization here at all just a free for all, eventually we get to podium and wait a further 10 minutes as party before us wants to be seated together even although they booked separately ,eventually they decide they'll just ask people to move:angry: , once through we each get a lay (not naughty, the flowers ), also there's a table with draught Bud, juice, cocktail, kids take juice DW takes a Bud for me as do I, we then proceeded to walk around the Inn where photos where taken then back into Inn to be seated for show and dinner, the tables seated eight, our table was front and centre of stage great table we shared it with another family from Newark, Randy, Randy junior, Beau (daughter) and youngest Clint celebrating his 10th birthday, Randy's wife was still in Newark working they had arrived today till Tuesday the 4th staying at POR, I asked him if he was aware of the birthday badges at Disney which he wasn't so I proceeded to tell him about the badges and riding up front with monorail driver he was genuinely pleased with this info and was surprised that someone from the UK knew this info, he also was unaware of the resort mugs, they seemed like a nice family, even if I had to tell Danny not to stare at them while they prayed before eating, made the evening more enjoyable that we got on well with party at our table, there where quite a few large groups of teachers in tonight as well, they had a big convention at the convention centre over the 2 weeks we where there, they seemed in good spirits and participated in some games, for those of a nervous disposition no one was made or embarrassed to participate only asked for volunteers, the show itself was traditional dancing, sword dancing, fire dancing, fire eating, singing, hula etc really enjoyable and entertaining. The games where dancing and three adult males being taught the drums the three guys where very funny and joined in a gusto, the big Kahuna also asked those celebrating birthdays to stand and they all got an extra lay, he then asked for those celebrating a wedding anniversary which me and DW stood for there where 5 couples in total standing, we each had to say how long we had been married for me and DW where youngest at 19 years, we then had to present each other with a lay and exchange a kiss, he then asked for honeymooners when no one stood he said "pity was a weeks trip to Hawaii on offer". Rob as promised did turn up when his shift finished, unfortunately food was just being served we exchanged brief pleasantries and I gave him the chocolate, my DD took a photo its not a great one though, we arranged to meet up on Tuesday afternoon, but sadly I never did see poor Rob again, git once he got the chocolate that was it I felt so used The meal was great and served platter style for each family, pork ribs, mahi mahi, chicken portions all Hawaiian style, also stir fry vegs and fried rice it was delicious fresh and tasty, the quality was superb our drinks where refilled as they went down, and we where offered more food as platter emptied truly a good meal desert was a pastry filled with warm chocolate sauce topped with cream tasted delicious although very rich the food was like u would get at the Kona in the Poly and I suspect same as Ohanas as well, the only thing that surprised me was at the end when we where given a slip advising us of tip to leave, I know this is standard at off site dinner shows and I was surprised as was Randy he left nothing, but I left $20 we had had a good night and the tix had only cost Ł20 each = $36, the show finished at 9pm, we got trolley back to I-Drive, must say here the trolley took ages was packed like a cattle truck and sometimes u waited over half an hour for one to come, we got off at Walgreens and bought some supplies for the room, had a night cap in room while kids watched Disney channel, family asleep by midnight, me a little after.
Old 15 Jul 06, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
More pics of show
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2006_0630(038).JPG
Views:	118
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	7123   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0630(040).JPG
Views:	182
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	7124   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0630(044).JPG
Views:	85
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	7125   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0630(066).JPG
Views:	152
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	7126   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0630(078).JPG
Views:	160
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	7127  

Old 15 Jul 06, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
and more pics
The Highlander Hotel Summer Tour Index
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2006_0630(081).JPG
Views:	140
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	7128   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0630(083).JPG
Views:	103
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	7129   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0630(093).JPG
Views:	183
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	7130   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0630(123).JPG
Views:	110
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	7131   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0630(126).JPG
Views:	113
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	7132  

Edited at 02:25 AM.
Old 15 Jul 06, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A great report Steve,

good to meet Rob and get a lay lol

Dawn
Old 15 Jul 06, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great day - plenty of shopping and a park It was nice to meet Rob

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 06, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another great report Steve. Your DD certainly knows how to shop Nice to see Rob in the flesh so to speak
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List